GUILTY CA - Matthew Muller for kidnap, rape of 30yo woman, Vallejo, 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did the FBI continue to work the case since March or were they given information from the Alameda County Sheriffs, Dublin, CA Police Officers and members of the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department after their arrest of Muller in early June?
It sounded like Dublin PD/Alameda County Sheriffs got the FBI involved after the home invasion break in in June. (Dublin PD is actually contracted by the Alameda County Sheriffs Dep't).

I just heard something very disturbing on KFI Talk Radio yesterday. On the John and Ken show, the hosts apologized, which was nice of them. They admitted they had thought it was a hoax and they said they were sorry and are surprised etc.

But they also said that msm is no longer using her name because she was sexually assaulted twice during her ordeal?

Did anyone else see that anywhere?

I just heard something very disturbing on KFI Talk Radio yesterday. On the John and Ken show, the hosts apologized, which was nice of them. They admitted they had thought it was a hoax and they said they were sorry and are surprised etc.

But they also said that msm is no longer using her name because she was sexually assaulted twice during her ordeal?

It is in the 60 page report. It was getting a bit complicated when I was reading it, but what I understand is, one of the kidnappers claimed to be forced to rape her, on video, as blackmail for him (The kidnapper).

Yes, I heard same thing stated on CNN a short while ago.

Yes, I heard same thing stated on CNN a short while ago.

There is some confusion because it appears that she didn't report the sexual assault in her initial statement to police (when most of the media picked up the story) but did report it in later interviews. She was also given a rape kit and there was no evidence of nonconsensual sex found. People thought it was odd she 'changed her story' about this, but, as we all know, that's not uncommon. I think the media who isn't talking about it may still be working under the assumption from the initial interview she gave the police, not the follow-ups.

Yes, it was actually reported in one of the articles, maybe the DM.

The results of the boyfriend's blood test are still pending four months later.
From the arrest warrant:

Once at VPD, VICTIM M consented to a blood test to determine what drug(s) he was given during the incident, and at 3:54 p.m., blood was taken from his arm and
later sent to the California Department of Justice's Bureau of Forensic Sciences Laboratory for analysis where the results are still pending.

Yes I did, in an article I read.

More on the Dublin home invasion
http://southtahoenow.com/story/06/1...oe-bay-area-home-invasion-and-assault-charges

"The suspect entered the home through a first floor open window and went upstairs, where the husband, wife, and older daughter were sleeping,” said Dublin Police Lieutenant Herb Walters of the department's press information office. The suspect woke up the husband and wife and attempted to tie them up but the wife got away and called 9-1-1 from her cell phone.

Not unusual with victims of sexual assault, for a whole bunch of reasons.
Maybe her name should be redacted from this thread? (I will alert my own post).
I'm of the opinion unless it's proven otherwise that the kidnapper acted alone, but created a false narrative about additional people in the room and involved in the plot. Reading the document, aside from what the victims were led to believe and believe they overheard in their panicking and drugged, blindfolded states, I believe everything could have been carried out by one person acting on his own.

ADMIN NOTE: Please snip the victim's name from news articles and use only initials in your posts.

Thanks.

Bessie

San Francisco/Peninsula NewsPosted: Jul 14, 2015 9:19 AM PST
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A disbarred Harvard-educated lawyer charged with kidnapping a woman and holding her for ransom in a case police had dismissed as a hoax has been tied to two other home invasions in the San Francisco Bay Area.Federal prosecutors charged Matthew Muller of Orangevale, California, with kidnapping last month after his arrest in a home-invasion robbery in the city of Dublin that had similarities to the abduction, the FBI said in an affidavit unsealed Monday. He is also a suspect in a 2009 home invasion in Palo Alto, police said. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/story/29545062/...ct-may-be-connected-to-2009-palo-alto-robbery

I feel bad for the victims but that Complaint was one of the most fascinating things that I have read - getting inside Muller's head

After reading that 60 page document...and doing a map of where he was found in Lake Tahoe...

It is exactly where they triangulated the TRACphone used in March.

Documents say within 200 meters of Hank Monk Avenue and Horace Greeley Ave.

Family home in Tahoe - Genoa Ave.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...2!3m1!1s0x8099902bc753ceff:0x88687634372d28dd

So he took her to South Lake Tahoe, and not Huntington Beach? Tahoe is about a 5 hour drive from Vallejo. But from Tahoe to Huntington is 8+ hours in the other direction.

Strange. Really weird. Bizarre even! LOL!!

After reading that 60 page document...and doing a map of where he was found in Lake Tahoe...

It is exactly where they triangulated the TRACphone used in March.

Documents say within 200 meters of Hank Monk Avenue and Horace Greeley Ave.

Family home in Tahoe - Genoa Ave.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...2!3m1!1s0x8099902bc753ceff:0x88687634372d28dd

So he took her to South Lake Tahoe, and not Huntington Beach? Tahoe is about a 5 hour drive from Vallejo. But from Tahoe to Huntington is 8+ hours in the other direction.

Strange. Really weird. Bizarre even! LOL!!

No, Tahoe's not 5 hours from Vallejo (you might be thinking of Valencia), it's less than 3 hours. Tahoe to Huntington Beach would be about a 10 hour drive. Vallejo to Huntington Beach- 7 hours tops.

Every time I think I've read the most bizarre case, another shows up and leaves me speechless.

No, Tahoe's not 5 hours from Vallejo (you might be thinking of Valencia), it's less than 3 hours. Tahoe to Huntington Beach would be about a 10 hour drive. Vallejo to Huntington Beach- 7 hours tops.

I am from Pleasanton, so no I meant Vallejo. LOL!! But I was taking our little less than 4 hour drive from Hwy 50 - and that Vallejo is about 40 miles northwest...not thinking Hwy 80 route, which makes it closer. (Does that make sense?)

From reading further, it sounds like MM was in Tahoe while his minions carried this all out? I mean, how else could the calls be made from Tahoe...literally feet from his family home?

ETA - maybe I am wrong. Maybe he did originally take her to Tahoe and then back to Huntington Beach. That is a heck of a lot of driving in a short time...wasn't she gone like 36 hours or something? Just so bizarre.

More on the Palo Alto case

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/...allejo-kidnapping-suspected-in-palo-alto-case

Palo Alto police have long suspected Muller in a home invasion that took place on October 18, 2009 on the 2000 block of Amherst Avenue. In that case, a man entered a woman's bedroom at 3:30 a.m. and blindfolded and restrained the victim. The victim heard at least one other male voice in the bedroom but could not provide a description due to the blindfold, according to police.

The suspect allegedly told the victim he was there to commit a robbery and threatened to sexually assault the woman, but nothing was taken and the victim was not harmed, police spokesman Lt. Zach Perron said. He could not say what led police to suspect Muller, but the case has been actively investigated for the past six years, he said.

The case stood out to police not only because it was a home invasion but because of its unusual nature where the victim was blindfolded and bound, but nothing was taken, Perron said. Mountain View police had a similar case in September 2009 on the 1900 block of Silverwood Avenue, and the two law enforcement agencies had a joint investigation, Perron said.

My mouth is still on the floor from reading these updates last night!

I thought the victims' stories were totally implausible, and the "kidnapper with a conscience" emails absurd. Wow, was I wrong.

I don't think the FBI was continuing the case. I think they picked it back up after the second one. Otherwise some of the testing in the DH kidnapping would have already been completed, like his blood test for the drugs.

Just think, if he had really been scared onto the straight and narrow, DH and AQ would have had this re-victimization for the rest of their lives. Not to mention living in fear with the perpetrator on the loose.

I hope they thoroughly investigate the other unsubs, although I wouldn't be surprised that MM acted alone.

Drugged with NyQuil and bound with zip-ties: New details in 'Gone Girl' kidnapping revealed as Harvard-educated Marine now behind bars possibly linked to more cases

The FBI arrest warrant in the 'Gone Girl' kidnapping of DH reveals new details of the kidnapping

DH' boyfriend Aaron Quinn was bound with zip-ties, blindfolded and forced into a closet

He was then forced to give alleged suspect Matthew Muller his financial information before being drugged with NyQuil and Diazepam

He fell asleep soon after and awoke to find DH, his laptop and his car gone

Police in Vallejo, California who accused DH and Quinn of staging their kidnapping are still refusing to apologize

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bars-possibly-linked-cases.html#ixzz3fyjhmDzM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back