CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well. I hope the case starts moving faster and that they are able to find Maya.

Those poor kids.
I"m very confused. How can CPS accept the risk of leaving those children in that home? Sounds like legal action in the making, but that's just amateur opinion and speculation.

Of course, the concern remains to recover MM but more important, protect the innocent children!

I believe everybody understands that CPS follows a process -- like it or not, it's a department built around a slow, painful, process.

I only wish that all the legal eagles (and hosts) that showed up early only to publicly discount the efforts of LE, would have focused first on helping the family petition for grandparents visitation. The children's dialogue could and should have been protected.

LM was also readily accessible last February- March, and he could have easily been served during that time.

That barn door was left open too long ago.... MOO

Codes Display Text

(b) A petition for visitation under this section shall not be filed while the natural or adoptive parents are married, unless one or more of the following circumstances exist:

(2) One of the parents has been absent for more than one month without the other spouse knowing the whereabouts of the absent spouse.

Photos from GVRO showing guns on table. Frankly, I was as concerned about the passports being displayed. Can't imagine why one would want/need this type of photo.

The article says the photos are from 2020, but IIRC they were posted on January 9th of this year. It will be interesting to check when the GVRO is released later today.

Evidence photos in Millete gun violence restraining order case | cbs8.com

Photos from GVRO showing guns on table. Frankly, I was as concerned about the passports being displayed. Can't imagine why one would want/need this type of photo.

The article says the photos are from 2020, but IIRC they were posted on January 9th of this year. It will be interesting to check when the GVRO is released later today.

31781e0b-937c-452b-9317-a5ed17001e09_1140x641.jpg

Looking at the extent of guns, ammo, packaging, etc., including passports displayed on the table, my first thought was LM emptied the contents of the safe so I wasn't concerned when seeing the passports --as part of the content here.

As for fleeing, I think LM has been under surveillance for several months. MOO

(CBS8 photo from OP link).

31781e0b-937c-452b-9317-a5ed17001e09_1140x641.jpg

Looking at the extent of guns, ammo, packaging, etc., including passports displayed on the table, my first thought was LM emptied the contents of the safe so I wasn't concerned when seeing the passports --as part of the content here.

As for fleeing, I think LM has been under surveillance for several months. MOO

(CBS8 photo from OP link).
i see that freezer in the background

What is is that after all this time, with all the things that have happened, he now becomes a POI. Why not before, why now? What is the piece that's missing?

What is is that after all this time, with all the things that have happened, he now becomes a POI. Why not before, why now? What is the piece that's missing?

I think he's been a poi for quite a while now but they only announced that now. Perhaps they are hoping for a reaction from him/uncle+auntie. They should be POIs as well, that might have some effect on Auntie.
All MOO

Can someone explain a "gun violence restraining order?" Even as a native Californian and registered gun owner, I've never heard of such a thing.

I also do not know any rational, law abiding gun owners that respect the law who would put all their firearms out on display and take pictures of them like that. Did LM post these pics online or were they just found on his devices?

Can someone explain a "gun violence restraining order?" Even as a native Californian and registered gun owner, I've never heard of such a thing.

I also do not know any rational, law abiding gun owners that respect the law who would put all their firearms out on display and take pictures of them like that. Did LM post these pics online or were they just found on his devices?
It's the new red flag law. Basically anyone can go to the courts and ask for the GVRO if you believe the owner is a danger to themselves or others.

I think he's been a poi for quite a while now but they only announced that now. Perhaps they are hoping for a reaction from him/uncle+auntie. They should be POIs as well, that might have some effect on Auntie.
All MOO
I was wondering the same thing....why the Aunt & Uncle weren't included in that POI status. You are likely right. *If* the Aunt and Uncle have any knowledge of what happened to Maya, they can save their backsides by cooperating and cut a deal with the D.A. They would certainly be smart to do so. What an ugly case this is. Three little kids without their mama. So tragic. What they have been through in the last few months will scar them for life unless they get in to therapy immediately. I am so angry that CPS *appears* so ineffective in this situation. Of course, there may be factors beyond their control that the general public can't see. Sigh.....so tragic.

Amateur opinion and speculation

This is just my own worries and opinions about the welfare, not to mention the safety, of the children after all this time. It's uncomfortable to think of how confusing this has been for Maya's children. It has been six months that the children have been kept away from Maya's family. It's possible the children have been told repeatedly by all the adults, that they're living with, that Maya ran off, abandoned them, left them to go have fun. They're probably surrounded by denial and not able to openly discuss their inner feelings. It's even possible they don't want to lose their father, maybe they want to believe him. They might be afraid, maybe not wanting anymore things to change. The children need the mediation professionals and the courts to recognize their mental health needs and total well being. CPS might only be concerned with their physical safety. So many here are worried for their safety, and more than that, how this tense living situation is going to affect them in the future. Let's hope this doesn't go on much longer. All just my own thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l