CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domestic violence is a constant nightmare of a ride.
I have no doubt MM was thinking of her daughters birthday ahead of her own pressing divorce proceedings from LM.
I do know an abuser can almost bait you into a corner where you, the abused,may (unintentionally) blurt out your plan.
Or he simply cyber stalked her and knew what was about to go down.
I’m sure he let her know -before she took her last - that he had won.

MOO

I just watched this but I'm confused. He says she left her cell phone at home but I thought her phone was missing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. MOO

From what I remember (God, why has it been so long already?! :( ), when she "went missing", it was in workout clothes and with nothing but her cell phone, ID and credit card. So he may be sticking with that story.

Court records offer clues in search for Maya Millete | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 7:34 PM PDT August 26, 2021

One recent filing in the case may offer clues, however, as to possible search locations for the missing mom.
2021.06.29 Executed Lodgment.pdf (cbs8.com)
View attachment 310329
View attachment 310330

I don't really understand why these are believed possible search locations. I believe the grandparents are asking the court to take notice of evidence that they had an existing and frequent bond with their grandchildren that was severed when Maya vanished. I agree with brother-in-law Richard that these are not good hiding areas for Maya's remains. MOO

I agree with brother-in-law Richard that these are not good hiding areas for Maya's remains. MOO
I don't know, but I think he meant just the Lake Elsinore locations are the hard to hide ones. How I wish Maya would be found.

There were two trips to Lake Elsinore in May and October of 2020, where the family stayed at camps by the shore.

“It’s kind of hard to hide anything there I would think,” said Richard Drouaillet. “There's always people there fishing and hiking constantly around the year. So, I really don't think somebody would want to hide evidence in that place.”

I don't know, but I think he meant just the Lake Elsinore locations are the hard to hide ones. How I wish Maya would be found.

There were two trips to Lake Elsinore in May and October of 2020, where the family stayed at camps by the shore.

“It’s kind of hard to hide anything there I would think,” said Richard Drouaillet. “There's always people there fishing and hiking constantly around the year. So, I really don't think somebody would want to hide evidence in that place.”
Perhaps but I'd be shocked if Glamis Beach, Cerritos, Parker Dam, Lake Havasu, or Nuevo, CA prove much different.

Well, I tend to agree with you. Why just look in places that were destinations of trips they took, especially crowded, populated places? I just wish Maya could be found.
It's hard to say where she might have been dumped. (What an ugly word, "dumped"). I'm wondering if it happened in the wee hours of that morning, or whether it was on the protracted excursion with the boy to the "beach". Like many of you, I do believe there is a high likelihood she was transported in the freezer, for the reasons I don't have to expand on.

Burying someone takes a lot of effort, and so does weighing someone down to deposit them in water. I tend to believe she has been "concealed" vs. buried or weighted down. My best guess would be a cave, cavern, or existing deep hole/well. I would encourage charting those locations within a 30 min drive and drop cams to investigate. This was a rushed disposal, so the necessary tools and materials to bury/deposit at sea likely were not available. As such, my theory is "conceal".

We don't know if LM is responsible for Maya's disappearance. If he is, the above is my amateur opinion of what the outcome might have been. Again, we *do not know* if LM is responsible.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Well, I tend to agree with you. Why just look in places that were destinations of trips they took, especially crowded, populated places? I just wish Maya could be found.

Probably because murderers often tend to return to places they are familiar with to dispose of evidence or remains.

If a murder has been premeditated for a while, the murderer may have used the trips as a pretense for scouting possible locations, as well.

It doesn't always pay off, but it makes sense from an investigative perspective to look in those locations.

Cadaver dogs were used today someplace near Otay Lakes Rd. and about 22 searchers were out there says Maya's brother-in-law, Richard, I think the couple of cadaver dogs came from Arizona. Said something about it being the first time cadaver dogs have been used in their searchers.

I heard this on the news just now. As usual, didn't catch it all and it's not posted on their site yet. Watch | CBS8 Live and On-Demand Videos | San Diego, California | cbs8.com

ETA-- Here's where they were searching this weekend according to this article:
"Team Maya search volunteers will be meeting both Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29 at 7:30 a.m., near the gated entrance to Skydive San Diego to conduct searches off Otay Lakes Road."
Skydive San Diego.jpg

Last edited:
Cadaver dogs were used today someplace near Otay Lakes Rd. and about 22 searchers were out there says Maya's brother-in-law, Richard, I think the couple of cadaver dogs came from Arizona. Said something about it being the first time cadaver dogs have been used in their searchers.

I heard this on the news just now. As usual, didn't catch it all and it's not posted on their site yet. Watch | CBS8 Live and On-Demand Videos | San Diego, California | cbs8.com

ETA-- Here's where they were searching this weekend according to this article:
"Team Maya search volunteers will be meeting both Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29 at 7:30 a.m., near the gated entrance to Skydive San Diego to conduct searches off Otay Lakes Road."
View attachment 310557
I believe there are tunnels and caves around there, and that’s where I suggest they look. Take drop cams.

amateur opinion and speculation

I believe there are tunnels and caves around there, and that’s where I suggest they look. Take drop cams.

amateur opinion and speculation
The cadaver dogs are the important addition to this search. Search where the dogs hit on is what I would think. I don't know how many tunnels and caves there might be out there. Yes, drop cams if so.

East is the direction I always thought, or general areas like that old golf course , or Spring Valley, etc., Living in the area, you know there's plenty of places close enough and it would not be necessary to scout out locations or think that hard in advance to find a remote spot. There's still so much rugged land around. All I'm saying is I can't see driving to a populated vacation spot to dispose of a body. However, anything is possible... anything. :(

Now, from what I can tell, it's an easy drive to the place they're searching this weekend. Not sure, haven't been out to the Jamul area in years. Hmm... seems like SkyDive would bring people to the area, getting a view from up high before parachute jumping, but it also looks like it's surrounded by rugged land. All MOO. I just want Maya to be found. It's been so long.

“We followed the commands of the dogs. They had a couple of hits,” Drouaillet said.

Scout, the younger canine, alerted in the wash area but the older cadaver dog did not. Still, it was enough for the volunteers to start digging with shovels in the sandy dirt.

If they come across any evidence of human remains, the team will stop digging and call Chula Vista police.

The team did not find any human remains in the area.

After the search operation finishes, the handlers typically reward their cadaver dogs by hiding a bag of human teeth or tissue for the dog to find. When the dog alerts to the location of the bag, it gets rewarded with its favorite tug toy.

Several weeks ago, law enforcement reportedly used canines during a search of a closed-down golf course near Maya Millete’s home in Chula Vista.
Cadaver dogs used in search for Maya Millete of Chula Vista | cbs8.com

The cadaver dogs are the important addition to this search. Search where the dogs hit on is what I would think. I don't know how many tunnels and caves there might be out there. Yes, drop cams if so.

East is the direction I always thought, or general areas like that old golf course , or Spring Valley, etc., Living in the area, you know there's plenty of places close enough and it would not be necessary to scout out locations or think that hard in advance to find a remote spot. There's still so much rugged land around. All I'm saying is I can't see driving to a populated vacation spot to dispose of a body. However, anything is possible... anything. :(

Now, from what I can tell, it's an easy drive to the place they're searching this weekend. Not sure, haven't been out to the Jamul area in years. Hmm... seems like SkyDive would bring people to the area, getting a view from up high before parachute jumping, but it also looks like it's surrounded by rugged land. All MOO. I just want Maya to be found. It's been so long.

We initially met at Skydive San Diego and then drove to the search area which was a little farther east. Then the area around the creek was searched.

It's hard to say where she might have been dumped. (What an ugly word, "dumped"). I'm wondering if it happened in the wee hours of that morning, or whether it was on the protracted excursion with the boy to the "beach". Like many of you, I do believe there is a high likelihood she was transported in the freezer, for the reasons I don't have to expand on.

Burying someone takes a lot of effort, and so does weighing someone down to deposit them in water. I tend to believe she has been "concealed" vs. buried or weighted down. My best guess would be a cave, cavern, or existing deep hole/well. I would encourage charting those locations within a 30 min drive and drop cams to investigate. This was a rushed disposal, so the necessary tools and materials to bury/deposit at sea likely were not available. As such, my theory is "conceal".

We don't know if LM is responsible for Maya's disappearance. If he is, the above is my amateur opinion of what the outcome might have been. Again, we *do not know* if LM is responsible.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I think of the many times the remains are found and the body was simply dumped. Sometimes just out of vehicle down into a ditch or over the side of bridge. Some cases here in VA and there are three that come immediately to mind - Morgan Harrington, Heather Graham and AJ Hadsell - where the body was simply placed on farm property or vacant houses/property. If the body is placed even a few hundred yards off a lightly traveled road or trail it could be months before someone comes across it by accident. Think cases like Harrington, Cook/Collins (Evansdale IA), Holly Bobo (TN) and Phelps/Lauer (Colonial Parkway Murders) where the bodies were simply dropped a short distance from a road or path and found by a farmer, hunter or someone harvesting wild herbs or mushrooms.

Yes, places with a certain driving distance are definite candidates with consideration given to areas the POI(s) may have gone to in the past. Caves, abandoned wells or abandoned mines are good candidates as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18