GUILTY CA - Mehria Mansury, 79, San Diego, 24 Sept 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NBC 7 spoke with SDPD Lt. Jorge Duran who said investigators had received a tip about the body, but he couldn't confirm exactly where that tip came from.

Also:

In any event, Lt. Duran did say it appeared the body had been at the Ramona site for a while and had sustained some type of “animal activity.” The body was taken to the morgue for identification.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...unched-in-Ramona-226234811.html#ixzz2gdHUqHdx

Very sad to hear it may be Mehria's body found laying out there.

Such terrible news. While we wait for a positive ID, my thoughts are with her friends and family.

I'm sad that it sounds like the family's fears are confirmed, but at the same time, I'm also glad it sounds like they are going to have answers.

But I can't imagine the agony they've had this past week of not only fearing for Mehria, but also juggling that with what have been their near certain suspicions that another family member was behind her disappearance (and likely death) or likely at least involved to some degree.

Anxious to hear what channel 10 reports in 15 minutes as far as what Gazelle said while being taken away.

Channel 10 showing live video of police still at Mehria's house (news hasn't started, just promo-ing, again, that they'll have what Gazelle said while being led away...they must have been the only ones there b/c none of the other channels are using that as their 'hook')

Sounds like someone at channel 10 got a tip about this was going to happen (the police arriving at the house getting Gazelle for questioning) as soon as the body was found (based on film and their own words).

"Still a very active scene" "will be here throughout the night" (at the home)

Gazelle was taken away by police five hours ago (she had her dog with her)

10 asked her why she was being arrested.

She said she wasn't being arrested.

They asked why she was being taken in.

She said for questioning.

Officers surrounding the home earlier with flack jackets, battering rams, surrounding home, etc. (Seems now like it's just regular investigators)

A lot of flashes from camera evident in the house as they are searching. A lot of searching through garage where Gazelle lived/stayed. Searching through trash.

More of Mehria's family is there are the house but don't want to talk. They just want answers.

10 definitely had a tip - they were the only ones at the house when Gazelle was taken in, they were also first on the scene at Barona.

They aren't revealing their source (interesting to me since that's also what police said about the body being found -that it was based on a tip)

A Barona tribal enforcement officer said the body was found just after 3 and is a female, but they won't say for sure it's her until they do an autopsy.

Investigators also on the scene still there it sounds like (Barona, I mean)

SDPD homicide saying the body had been there for some time but they wouldn't speculate how long (and yes, definitely still investigators on scene of the body location) and autopsy will be done tomorrow morning.

Daughter taken in for questioning.

Her Family is gathered and said this week has been a nightmare. They want answers.

Tribal Police are involved as well because the body was found on the Barona Indian Reservation.

I'm hoping the house being a mess will provide some evidence because I believe Mehria was driven off from her home after she was harmed by someone(s). So Sad!

Prayers for her Family who have been so strong throughout this ordeal.

Sounds like someone at channel 10 got a tip about this was going to happen (the police arriving at the house getting Gazelle for questioning) as soon as the body was found (based on film and their own words).

"Still a very active scene" "will be here throughout the night" (at the home)

Gazelle was taken away by police five hours ago (she had her dog with her)

10 asked her why she was being arrested.

She said she wasn't being arrested.

They asked why she was being taken in.

She said for questioning.

Officers surrounding the home earlier with flack jackets, battering rams, surrounding home, etc. (Seems now like it's just regular investigators)

A lot of flashes from camera evident in the house as they are searching. A lot of searching through garage where Gazelle lived/stayed. Searching through trash.

More of Mehria's family is there are the house but don't want to talk. They just want answers.

:bump: Thanks, TravelingBug. I think there will be answers now. :frown:

http://www.10news.com/

Daughter of missing woman Mehria Mansury questioned by police
http://www.10news.com/news/daughter-of-missing-woman-mehria-mansury-questioned-by-police-10022013

Woman's body found on Barona reservation
Police looking into possible link to Mansury case
http://www.10news.com/news/body-found-on-barona-indian-reservation-10022013

Unfortunately, this story is going to be way down the priority list in the local news today I'm afraid. Very atypical if this were a normal week.

Today we've got:
1) Miramar Air Show cancelled for this weekend (a huge thing locally - and bigger news b/c it's last minute and b/c of the gov. shutdown) - 10News ‏@10News Livestream of briefing on MCAS Miramar Air Show cancellation has ended. More on story: http://bit.ly/15KBEjS
2) Lockdown at a local school with an armed guy making threats - Natasha Zouves ‏@10newsnatasha Speaking to parents after shooting threat at Ibarra elementary
3) Female body found in the ocean at Sunset Cliffs - 10News ‏@10News #BREAKING: Lifeguards have just recovered a woman's body about 100 yards off #SunsetCliffs.
4) Major red flag fire danger for the next many days - NATASHA STENBOCK ‏@NatashaCBS8 @CBS8 Red Flag Warning Friday - Sunday #SanDiego Valleys & Mountains

Never mind now the chase/shooting at Capital Hill

Unless the autopsy comes back or something really dramatic happens, it could easily be a huge amount of time in any of the newcasts for updates on Mehria or anything related to the case will be back on top or even mentioned.

Unfortunately, this story is going to be way down the priority list in the local news today I'm afraid. Very atypical if this were a normal week.

Today we've got:
1) Miramar Air Show cancelled for this weekend (a huge thing locally - and bigger news b/c it's last minute and b/c of the gov. shutdown) - 10News ‏@10News Livestream of briefing on MCAS Miramar Air Show cancellation has ended. More on story: http://bit.ly/15KBEjS
2) Lockdown at a local school with an armed guy making threats - Natasha Zouves ‏@10newsnatasha Speaking to parents after shooting threat at Ibarra elementary
3) Female body found in the ocean at Sunset Cliffs - 10News ‏@10News #BREAKING: Lifeguards have just recovered a woman's body about 100 yards off #SunsetCliffs.
4) Major red flag fire danger for the next many days - NATASHA STENBOCK ‏@NatashaCBS8 @CBS8 Red Flag Warning Friday - Sunday #SanDiego Valleys & Mountains

Never mind now the chase/shooting at Capital Hill

Unless the autopsy comes back or something really dramatic happens, it could easily be a huge amount of time in any of the newcasts for updates on Mehria or anything related to the case will be back on top or even mentioned.
KFMB/News8 Field Producer David Gotfredson did a fine job reporting on developments in the (non) case of Rebecca Zahau, who was found hanging, naked, with her hands and feet bound behind her back from a balcony in Coronado. Since he's also reported on Ms. Mansury's disapperance, I'll e-mail him and ask him to update that story when he gets any new information about her. Maybe he can bump her up the list.

Here's his story:
http://www.cbs8.com/story/23596458/police-raid-serra-mesa-home-of-missing-woman-take-daughter-away

Edited to say: Oh, snap! Gotfredson's e-mail link won't work for me, and I can't comment because I don't have a FB account.
Sorry, ya'll.

Daughter didn't have a vehicle, so how was the body transported???

Daughter didn't have a vehicle, so how was the body transported???

Maybe the drug tied friends her neighbors and family expressed concern about?

(Watching local news when it should refresh top stories at the half hour now - missed it at 4 by a few minutes -the body found off Sunset Cliffs they think is suicide FYI)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back