GUILTY CA - Mehria Mansury, 79, San Diego, 24 Sept 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KFMB is saying BF is only detained.

Oddly, they're blocking out the face of the cop handcuffing Gazelle on KFMB. I'm curious about that.

The newscast did say undercover cops had been watching the residence. Maybe that's why.

The newscast did say undercover cops had been watching the residence. Maybe that's why.

You could be right!

But it was a uniformed cop cuffing her, now that I look at it again? I don't know! (And odd since only one of the channels had him blurred out - but they have images on their twitters showing him, too...so...hmm? It'll be interesting to see if they're all blurred out by the early morning newscasts or noon when they've got an update from LE and the coroner!)

Anyway, if you've missed the charming BF's pic, here he is in the camo jacket.

https://twitter.com/10News/status/386016233834823680/photo/1

And Gazelle has had that creepily hardened look on her face in every image I've seen of her - moving or still. It's kind of icy almost, no?

I feel so badly for Mehria - and those who truly loved her - especially imagining the horror she must have felt with it likely being such a coldened face being the last she saw.

From your link (and thanks for it!):

>>>snip

Police Lt. Kevin Mayer said Thursday night that he could not confirm whether either of them had been arrested. A media briefing on the case will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, he said.

Homicide officials will provide additional information about the investigation at that time, Duran said in a statement.

<<<snip

Body found ID'd as Mehria Mansury: Daughter faces first-degree murder charge

SAN DIEGO - A 42-year-old Serra Mesa woman was in custody without bail Friday on suspicion of murdering her 79-year-old mother and ditching the body on the Barona Indian Reservation, and possible accomplices may be arrested in the future, police said.

more at link .................. http://www.10news.com/news/gazelle-...nnection-with-disappearance-of-mehria-mansury

This is always one of the saddest crimes, to kill the person who gave you life.

IMO, if not the boyfriend, then somebody had to help the daughter to move the body after she killed her mother. Wonder why the boyfriend is not arrested yet. Who else helped her hide what happened?

http://www.10news.com/news/gazelle-...nnection-with-disappearance-of-mehria-mansury

"A third person identified as a visitor to the Mansury home was taken into custody at the residence on Thursday in connection with an unrelated arrest warrant. Citing the ongoing investigation, Duran said the person was female but declined to identify her further or say what the arrest warrant was for."

"There may be further suspects that may be arrested at some point," Duran said without elaboration."

BBM

i can't even imagine giving birth to my future killer :(

RIP Mehria... sorry it had to end like this :(

Yep, I go by the name Curious Me for a reason.

Interesting tidbit I found while running a simple search under the daughter's name -
GAZELLE MANSURY-YBARRA. Somebody by that name gave an attorney a good review with
a little story of how the attorney helped them in 2005.

Theft charges from the past have been mentioned in some news articles. Anybody know more about the daughter's prior record?

Interesting tidbit I found while running a simple search under the daughter's name -
GAZELLE MANSURY-YBARRA. Somebody by that name gave an attorney a good review with

Theft charges from the past have been mentioned in some news articles. Anybody know more about the daughter's prior record?

just found it after reading your post. LOVELY. hopefully she doesn't get off so easily this time!! it'll be interesting to see if she retains the same atty!

A lot of mentions of many drug charges (for Gazelle and Lucio both)

Got caught in a mess b/c of a person on the tracks of the Sprinter train in North County (which I suspect will lead the news...and probably then more about the Miramar Air Show being cancelled and the red flag weather warnings, and maybe the rescue that just happened at Torrey Pines) so I'm anxious to hear what else they say at the top of the hour once all the local news starts again since I missed 4 o'clock's news on KNSD.

Anyone local, KFMB's Phil Blauer is on twitter talking about new info on the case and since he was there when Gazelle was arrested, I suspect they may spend the most time on the story.

KGTV saying more arrests possible (I think they're correct):

...possible accomplices may be arrested in the future, police said.

SDPD homicide Lt. Jorge Duran said the suspect's boyfriend was questioned at police headquarters but not arrested. He remained, however, a "person of interest" in the case, according to the lieutenant.

A third person identified as a visitor to the Mansury home was taken into custody at the residence on Thursday in connection with an unrelated arrest warrant. Citing the ongoing investigation, Duran said the person was female but declined to identify her further or say what the arrest warrant was for.

"There may be further suspects that may be arrested at some point," Duran said without elaboration.

http://www.10news.com/news/gazelle-...nnection-with-disappearance-of-mehria-mansury

KFMB:

Relatives very upset about the confirmation of her death. Cages with some of her pets are being taken out of the house (birds, and I think the dog).

Relatives saying the daughter had no emotion when anyone talked about her mom's disappearance. Gazelle had a lot of conflicting stories all along.

Mehria was ID'd by fingerprints.

Angelina Silva was the other person arrested on probation violation who was released also. Said again that there may be more arrests after the questioning of both Angelina and Lucio that's already happened, but both are released right now.

Gazelle and Lucio lived in a very nasty, messy set up in the garage (it was like horders type quality and looks like lots of mess from cigarettes, etc.). Said it was a really, really big mess (and what they showed definitely confirmed that).

KGTV:

Family was shocked at how bad the situation in the garage was and that was not something Mehria would have been ok with.

They are releasing more pictures of Mehria. Her husband had been the Afghan minster of the interior.

Saying Mehria loved Gazelle and would have done anything for her and they don't understand why Gazelle would do it.

They were shocked at the mess and couldn't believe Gazelle and Lucio were living like that. Two days after the disappearance they moved their stuff from the garage into the house.

They don't know much about Lucio (family doesn't). KGTV saying that Lucio is officially a person of interest.

More on Gazelle's history.

Also, bless the hearts of Mehria's relatives. The statement about Gazelle's choices and, particularly, the statement of gratitude to LE is so heartbreaking:

On Thursday, NBC 7 learned that both Ghazal and Moreno have criminal records. Court documents indicate that Moreno was previously tied to cases involving possession of controlled substances and possession of a loaded handgun. Ghazal has priors involving burglary and theft.

&#8220;Ghazal decided to go another direction in her life that was of course a thorn to all of us,&#8221; Rassoul told NBC 7.

Ghazal is now being held at Las Colinas Detention Facility on one count of first-degree murder. Jail records indicate she is not eligible for release. She's scheduled to appear in court on Monday.

Rassoul said Mansury&#8217;s family is deeply grateful to investigators. She hopes they&#8217;re able to get some closure and justice soon.

&#8220;[We] thank the police for all their support and their endeavours to solving this nightmare,&#8221; Rassoul said. &#8220;Hope is the best emotion. It is the warmest place you can fall on in time of crisis.&#8221;

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...tioned-by-Police-226398241.html#ixzz2gnnX42o2

There's some video of the LE press conference earlier today here on KFMB's site.

I'm guessing shortly they'll update the site and video again and show inside the house since they showed video live at 8 - and it seems like about an hour or so after it's on TV they've been updating videos on KFMB.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/23611410/woman-jailed-on-suspicion-of-murdering-her-mother

Oh, and according to this, Angelina is officially a POI. The other station said only Lucio was officially a POI, but that there could be other arrests (emphasis on plural) coming.

I guess it's hard to keep a garage clean when you and your boyfriend are living in it, and you have unsavory characters over all the time.

What? I'm being kind for all the anguish I feel that Mehria was fatally harmed in the end.

Why couldn't daughter and her boyfriend afford to move out between the both of them?
Where was their money going? Daughter mentioned she was at work at a church when her mother first went missing. Sounds like the family and neighbors knew all about lots of arguing and chaos this 79 yr. old woman was having to put up with. Why do that to your elderly mother?

All I know is it is heartbreaking to see Mehria's birds being taken out of the house because her life was taken and her body found face down in the dirt under a tree far from home.

Really? She's just getting off probation for burglarizing a restaurant three years ago.

The number of recent cases we've had where the perp was either just off probation or just released from jail just infuriate me (and concern me, since it seems to increasingly be a trend). The ones that were just released from jail, especially!

Andrea Kruger's case (over in the Crimes in the News thread for those who haven't heard of it) is another example that's just making me furious on her behalf. The guy killed four people in like two week's post release on charges that (IMO) should have kept him locked up indefinitely!

I thought Mother and Daughter looked somewhat similar, but no, Gazelle was adopted.

"Gazelle Mansury was adopted when she was three, and family members said she was a good student and the light of the family until she became a teenager. Family members said she later became involved in drugs and was arrested for burglary and petty theft."

http://www.10news.com/news/family-r...ry-in-connection-with-death-of-mehria-mansury

"Family members didn't know much about Moreno, and some said that Mehria didn't like him but allowed him to stay in her home."

"They just took over," said Enayat, who added her aunt didn't complain because she didn't want to lose her daughter."

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute
Back