CA CA - Michael Vanzandt, 36, Hermosa Beach, 5 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh wow, that post from his brother pretty much settles it in my mind. Drowning in the ocean would be a terrifying way to die, even for someone who loves to swim. When I was younger I had a similar "pull" to go swimming anytime I was near an ocean, often further out than what was safe for my swimming ability. Then I moved to the beach and had one scary incident with a rip tide, and have been much more cautious ever since. Swimming in the ocean at night is exhilarating though, and I can definitely see how he would be tempted, especially after a few drinks. Some surfers told me the best thing to do if caught in a riptide is to relax into it, which goes against the body's urge to fight. But if he was tipsy, and it was dark, and no one was around, I imagine he would have panicked and gotten pulled further down/away. I hope his family has answers some day. :(

Thanks for posting V4thesilent....I just got on here today to update and saw that you updated with his brother's FB post

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting V4thesilent....I just got on here today to update and saw that you updated with his brother's FB post .
I do know that Mike's brother and mom do believe this is what happened since he loves to swim in the ocean and with his past swimming after partying excursions, unfortunately he probably did this again.
We are all hanging on to hope that he will be found and that his family will have some type of closure as the "not knowing" is extremely hard on his mom, brothers and his children ♡

Deleting duplicate post

Bumping for Michael. This case just bothers me so much. This wasn't something that happened in a secluded or remote area. There were a lot of people around. What could have happened?

I feel like cvaldez1975, that had he gone into the water wouldn't he have been washed ashore by now? Hate to have to write that [emoji22].

My heart breaks for his family and loved ones.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a thought on how the body floats/sinks. from what i have researched, the body creates gases they cause the body to float. but these gases are not a sure thing. many things can cause the gases to work differently or not at all. if not enough gases remain in the body it may not create the force to actually raise the body. also even if the gases cause a rising, after a short window of time the gases dissipate and the body will then sink again. so in theory even if the body rose to the surface if it wasn't a time when people were around or if it was in a different area entirely, it could have sank again without anyone seeing it.

sorry for the morbid thoughts this causes. this case has really drawn me in and i try to check in on it from time to time. i have kids so i can only imaging how his kids are feeling... prayers for family

We are all praying for a miracle but the family's thoughts are leaning towards him going swimming or perhaps fell off the pier into the water and it was storming that weekend so it's really hard to clearly see the pier with the rain and wind that weekend

Michael Vanzandt was last seen the evening of March 5, 2016, while out with friends in downtown Hermosa Beach, California. The Air Force veteran, and father of three, was going through a divorce, but family members said there were absolutely no red flags in his personal life that would have led to his disappearance. Because he is an avid swimmer, they fear he possibly headed towards the water for a late night dip. None of Michael's belongings were found on the beach, or anywhere for that matter. Authorities say the case is still active and ongoing.

michael_vanzandt_7a0686b141d7a799332f9ebe6850e1b0.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

Bumping for Mike !! We are coming up on a year (March 5th) and he is still missing !! I do sometimes have thoughts that he went swimming, however there have been NO signs of his clothes, phone, shoes, etc. and I do not believe he would go swimming without removing them. We are at a loss and nothing new has shown up. But we still have his parents, brothers and children heartbroken and wondering what the heck happened and wondering where he is at !! I have a few other thoughts but since nobody is listed as POI, I may just be grasping at straws here. The family has talked to a lot of the homeless camps as at first it was thought, if he had a head injury perhaps he may not know who he is or where he is.

Giving this thread a well deserved bump. This man was a veteran and deserves for us to look into this case further.

I can't believe it's been almost a year without any resolution. I've followed from the beginning and have gone back and forth so many times about Michael's disappearance. Early on I thought maybe he'd gotten caught up with nefarious persons/people. Then I really believed he went for a swim and drowned. But it was busy there. Someone HAD to have seen something! This isn't someone going missing on a desolated road for Pete's sake.

Praying. IMO

Do we have any sleuthers that would like to hang fliers, especially CA members?

I am nowhere near California, but have posted it on FB and letting locals know here in SE Michigan.

Heartbreaking case. Bumping for almost one year...this father of 3 deserves resolution...although if he did go into the ocean, and drown...after a year, wouldn't all remnants be gone?

:bump:

Where are you Michael??

Hoping this case will get some new info soon: (

Mikes been missing a year yesterday. I was so hoping we would hear something new. Mike's brother wrote a very nice post on the Find Mike Vanzandt Facebook page. My heart breaks for Mikes children, family and friends. The not knowing must be so very hard. :rose:

Mikes been missing a year yesterday. I was so hoping we would hear something new. Mike's brother wrote a very nice post on the Find Mike Vanzandt Facebook page. My heart breaks for Mikes children, family and friends. The not knowing must be so very hard. :rose:
A year?!!?
That doesn't seem right at all.
His kids need closure of some sort.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members