CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have read also that Matrice was a dancer in a night club. She seems to have many layers.

Bumping up the thread for Matrice!!! Where are you ...

Nearly three months after Mitrice Richardson walked out of a Los Angeles County Sheriff's station above Malibu Canyon and vanished into the dark, authorities still don't know where she is or whether she is alive.

But based on their investigation and the contents of her diaries, authorities believe that days before she was arrested for not paying her bill at a Malibu restaurant, the 24-year-old Cal State Fullerton graduate had gone without sleep for as many as five nights and "had a major mental breakdown," said Los Angeles Police Det. Chuck Knolls.

The mental health professionals who read the journals at the request of police say Richardson may have been suffering from severe bipolar disorder, Knolls said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mitrice14-2009dec14,0,4437991.story

http://www.ocregister.com/news/homicide-224028-richardson-angeles.html

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said today that it has opened a homicide investigation into the disappearance of a Cal State Fullerton graduate who vanished into the hills near Malibu three months ago.

Mitrice Richardson, 24, has not been seen since the September night when she was arrested for not paying her bill at a Malibu restaurant. She was released that night from a sheriff's substation, 40 miles from home, without her car, her phone, her jacket or any money.

I am glad Mitrice's case will get more attention from homicide detectives.

Wow...

I'm surprised. I noticed something last week on my drive through this area. I almost posted about it but I didn't want to alarm anybody. Now that I read this post, I hope it was not what I think it was.

==
Well, now that you have said that and piqued my interest, you have to say what you noticed.
JMO, IMHO, IMO
are your friends.

==
Well, now that you have said that and piqued my interest, you have to say what you noticed.
JMO, IMHO, IMO
are your friends.

I don't like doing that, but I didn't want to say anything unless asked...

There was a strong, bad odor between Piuma Rd and the tunnel. The odor was noticeable for about a 1/4 mile. This was about a week or so ago. A couple of hours ago on my way home I noticed the odor was still present, but not as strong.

When I read that this was being investigated as a homicide, I thought others may have reported the same smell and the police knew something. I read the article though, and it looks like they are classifying it as a homicide to get more resources on the case, and not because of a specific tip.

There was a strong, bad odor between Piuma Rd and the tunnel. The odor was noticeable for about a 1/4 mile. This was about a week or so ago. A couple of hours ago on my way home I noticed the odor was still present, but not as strong.

When I read that this was being investigated as a homicide, I thought others may have reported the same smell and the police knew something. I read the article though, and it looks like they are classifying it as a homicide to get more resources on the case, and not because of a specific tip.

Thanks for posting this.

How far is it from the tunnel to where the police station is?
My opinion: not that I was asked:
Call the police.
Any lead can be helpful.

It has been three months since Mitrice went missing.
There's is no way around asking in a delicate manner.
Would a body
still have a distinct smell after 3 months?

Thanks for posting this.

How far is it from the tunnel to where the police station is?
My opinion: not that I was asked:
Call the police.
Any lead can be helpful.

A resident called about 5:30am (this has been reported as 6 and 6:30, it's confusing) that they saw a woman matching her description. This would be at Cold Canyon or Woodbluff and Piuma Rd. This area where the smell was is about 0.7 miles from there, via Google maps.

From the police station to where she was last seen, 5.5 miles.

It has been three months since Mitrice went missing.
There's is no way around asking in a delicate manner.
Would a body
still have a distinct smell after 3 months?

That's why I hesitated to post. My dad knows about this stuff; will ask him and go from there. My guess is whatever it was, it died very soon before I smelled it. But the location is what made me suspicious. It was so bad everyone had to notice, as well as the residents that live in the area. May have been what lead to the change of direction in the case. I am hoping it is a false positive that will get this case the attention it needs.

did you report the smell????? if not please do...

A resident called about 5:30am (this has been reported as 6 and 6:30, it's confusing) that they saw a woman matching her description. This would be at Cold Canyon or Woodbluff and Piuma Rd. This area where the smell was is about 0.7 miles from there, via Google maps.

From the police station to where she was last seen, 5.5 miles.

That's why I hesitated to post. My dad knows about this stuff; will ask him and go from there. My guess is whatever it was, it died very soon before I smelled it. But the location is what made me suspicious. It was so bad everyone had to notice, as well as the residents that live in the area. May have been what lead to the change of direction in the case. I am hoping it is a false positive that will get this case the attention it needs.

I am glad you posted.
I urge you to call the police.
They can determine if it
a person
or an animal.

If, God forbid, it is Mitrice, then
she would be found.
The autopsy would show if she
had been alive these past months
and only recently died.

I know it is not the news that any one of us wants
to hear, but it would be a resolution to
what has happened to Mitrice.

Prayers for Mitrice and her family and friends.

I reported it today. They received other calls about it and they think it's a very large animal but are looking into it.

An article posted here yesterday

has some interesting info from the father. He says that the hills are not safe due to mountain lions and sex offenders. There are only a couple in the Santa Monica Mtns, one of them in the same neighborhood Mitrice was last seen in, and on the same street.

She was supposedly "staggering" in neighborhoods off Piuma Rd. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if she kept going east, rather than back to Malibu Canyon Rd., she would have ended up in the wilderness on what turns into "Mulholland Raceway." It's basically a remote canyon road that people sometimes race cars on. Point is, she may have gotten lost and wandered into the wilderness.

Now that the case is a homicide investigation, the article states that they are going to search more in the west and the EAST of where she was last seen and they are much more rugged areas. The original search only involved Malibu Canyon which is south of where she was last seen, and which assumes she walked back to Malibu Canyon Rd from the neighborhood she was seen in.

So glad they will do more searches other than the one place they did in the beginning.
I guess I am just not that knowledgeable about how to search.
Wouldn't they have tried another direction if the first one did not pan out?

so sad, poor girl. i hope they find her alive. I saw her booking photo and she looked crazy.

U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters seeks FBI probe of missing South L.A. woman

U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles) has asked the FBI to look into the disappearance of Mitrice Richardson and the circumstances of her arrest and release from sheriff’s custody.

Richardson, who lives in the South L.A. area represented by Waters, was arrested by L.A. County Sheriff's deputies in September for not paying her dinner bill at a Malibu restaurant. She was released from custody in the early hours of Sept. 17 and vanished.

“Based on reports I have read, there are questions as to whether the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station acted properly in releasing this young woman during the predawn hours without money or transportation, all while she was suffering from what the Los Angeles Police Department’s doctors have concluded to be bipolar disorder,” Waters wrote in a letter to FBI Director Robert S. Mueller.

Waters sits on the House Judiciary Committee, which has oversight of the FBI.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...uth-los-angeles-woman-mitrice-richardson.html

I reported it today. They received other calls about it and they think it's a very large animal but are looking into it.

An article posted here yesterday

has some interesting info from the father. He says that the hills are not safe due to mountain lions and sex offenders. There are only a couple in the Santa Monica Mtns, one of them in the same neighborhood Mitrice was last seen in, and on the same street.

She was supposedly "staggering" in neighborhoods off Piuma Rd. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if she kept going east, rather than back to Malibu Canyon Rd., she would have ended up in the wilderness on what turns into "Mulholland Raceway." It's basically a remote canyon road that people sometimes race cars on. Point is, she may have gotten lost and wandered into the wilderness.

Now that the case is a homicide investigation, the article states that they are going to search more in the west and the EAST of where she was last seen and they are much more rugged areas. The original search only involved Malibu Canyon which is south of where she was last seen, and which assumes she walked back to Malibu Canyon Rd from the neighborhood she was seen in.

I remember that road as a teen (I lived in the valley). We used to go up there all the time. No lights, winding roads, kids racing. totally off topic, but I wonder now how we survived those years.

I can't imagine Mitrice walking along those lonely roads. It haunts me.

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back