CA - Multiple casualties after 'active shooter' opens fire, Thousand Oaks, 08 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Per a Reporter on Fox Live (Johnathan Hunt (Loose transcription):

Hundreds of people inside?

(He was going for a mass casualty it sounds like, moo)

“Shots fired call came in around 11:20pm”

“Venue that is massive, 2500sq of open dance space...no additional information about suspect at this time..”

“They do not think there is threat outside of the bar”

“They do believe the suspect is still inside the bar at this time”

———

“1 of the victims was a Sheriff’s deputy”

—//

“College night..A lot of college students...California Lutheran am Pepperdine nearby...”

“Says gunman would have had open shot going up the stairs and looking down on the dance floor”

“At least 11 people have been shot”

“We do not know the extent of the injuries and we do not know if there have been any fatalities at all”

“We do not know if the shooter has been killed or has been injured and taken into custody”

“We never want to get ahead ahead of ourselves in this type of reporting and are always cautious in our reporting and wait for officials to give us real facts...”

“For now they are saying there is no further threat from this shooter”

Another reporter says “I’m trying to be very careful to use the exact phrasing rhat we’ve heard there from the Sheriff’s Department and it is very unusual, they seem to be going to an extreme to not say if in fact the shooter is down so it will be interesting to see why they’re doing..”

Other reporter:
“I think part of what’s going on here...very big venue...having to go room by room , sq for by sq ft, sweep the building, before they say anything definitive, customary, we go by their timeline instead of rumors on the streets, etc outside.”

Other reporter: “We do have to be careful about witness accounts as well waiting for this additional new conference, hopefully we’ll get some more..”

Talking now about possibility of second suspect:

“We have not heard anything beyond a single shooter at this point...”

Paraphrasing:
“We know from covering many of these cases important to note the kind of information from witnesses that emerge from these tragic instances are obviously not often reflective of fact, the often think they hear more than one shooter, that is often the echo of fire off walls, etc and it can appear in that terror that there is more than one shooter but all we have from police is that hey believe one shooter...not confirmed but that is the belief at this point, one shooter, no longer a threat.”

—-

New reporters/ changed shift:

“They do this college country night every Wednesday night...huge country western bar..line dancing classes..”

“A lot of witnesses said people were throwing chairs to break the windows to be able to escape out of the windows.”

“One witness said “maybe bandana””?

“Another witness said shooter appeared to have “perfect form””

“..located right off the 101”

“Expecting an update at any moment.”

Last edited:
“I knew it was live, knew it was real," a 56-year-old witness told KABC-TV. "He [the gunman] didn't say anything at all. He just started shooting."

At least 11 injured in shooting at Thousand Oaks nightclub, suspect confined inside

The gunman shouted something but Ryan could not hear what he said. A friend threw her onto an outdoor balcony as the gunfire rang out so she could escape, said Ryan, who feared some of her friends were still inside the bar.

Gunman opens fire at Thousand Oaks bar, wounding 11 and causing fatalities - Los Angeles Times

Just got done watching VC Sheriff Department on live feed via FOX News Facebook. He doesn’t “feel” the shooter has left the crime scene. I just thought that was an odd way of saying it.

One mass shooting is appalling, but we’ve had so many recently. It’s overwhelming. My heart breaks for the victims, their loved ones and these communities. I just don’t understand...

• Twelve people killed in shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California. Ventura County Sheriff's Deputy among the dead, police say.
  • The suspected gunman is also dead, police say.
  • At least a dozen people injured.
  • Eyewitnesses say shooter opened fire in a packed bar during college night.
Live updates: California shooting leaves several dead in Thousand Oaks - CNN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back