CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't mix it up, LOL it's Hart to Hart remember! :seeya:

I don't believe he pushed her over because she would have screamed and no one heard her, the captain did not hear her scream. If he did not publish a book and make money off of the fact that his actions basically contributed to her death I would not be so hard on him.

BBM---remember, I was only 14yo and everything was romantic and about the heart! I never bothered to look it up after that lol.

Maybe he killed her before he pushed her over? Whether on purpose or accident. I just always had this gut feeling that he killed her somehow, even if it was a fight gone bad....i.e. 2nd degree murder.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt%27s_Law"]Matt's Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

:yes:

Mr. Hart & the Captain bear this bystander burden here.

involuntary manslaughter. lying to police officer.

Chris Walken probably has always wondered. But that's it. I'm guessing, if he just heard the arguing and saw nothing - then concluded that the arguing had stopped and never left his bunk, his testimony has to be exactly that. I read Walken's lawyered up too.

Interesting that the police have enough new info to reopen the investigation.

:cow:

BBM---remember, I was only 14yo and everything was romantic and about the heart! I never bothered to look it up after that lol.

Maybe he killed her before he pushed her over? Whether on purpose or accident. I just always had this gut feeling that he killed her somehow, even if it was a fight gone bad....i.e. 2nd degree murder.

The autopsy report showed she was alive in the water. He didn't kill her before he pushed her over if he did. So just think, you get thrown off a boat, I think you'd scream. I mean MAAAAYYYBE she didn't scream but I doubt it.

So there's no scream.

I think why he comes across as guilty is that he feels guilty. He basically didn't look for her because he thought she was being a beyotch. So he knows that while he was standing there being annoyed with her, she was dying. And it took a while for her to die. He could have saved her. I would be devastated with guilt over something like that.

FWIW the blood alcohol was 0.14. That is not alarmingly high, but it is high enough. The other two things in her system were an anti-nausea medication - which would have the side effect of drowsiness - and Darvan, a pain reliever that also would have the side effect of drowsiness. Both medications carry the warning not to combine them with alcohol due to the potentiating effect.

There was some woman who is supposedly an independent witness that was on a yacht adjacent to Wood's about 90 ft away away who allegedly heard a woman scream she was drowning that very night...don't know if LE knew about this lady 30 yrs ago or not.

Chewy I don't know Christopher Walken but he is very respected in his community and I do not get the vibe that he'd stand by and just let someone die.
Those who appear to be respected pillars of the community can also commit crimes. So was Natalie respected I presume and she deserves justice if they are responsible. Why should they be above the law because of their celebrity status . There was something going on in my opinion that they wanted hushed up. They were paying the Captains wages he had do what he was told. Maybe he has a conscience about what went on, but they don't. Reports of screams and people mocking her, just terrible.

I remember this too. My mom was a huge Natalie Wood/Robert Wagner fan and she and I always thought there was more to this than anyone said.

I hate to think Robert Wagner did something though. I love him.

I heard from one of the news stations that Robert Wagner was not a suspect in her death. Sorry, forgot where I read that

There was some woman who is supposedly an independent witness that was on a yacht adjacent to Wood's about 90 ft away away who allegedly heard a woman scream she was drowning that very night...don't know if LE knew about this lady 30 yrs ago or not.

Those who appear to be respected pillars of the community can also commit crimes. So was Natalie respected I presume and she deserves justice if they are responsible. Why should they be above the law because of their celebrity status . There was something going on in my opinion that they wanted hushed up. They were paying the Captains wages he had do what he was told. Maybe he has a conscience about what went on, but they don't. Reports of screams and people mocking her, just terrible.

There are reports that she caught Walken and Wagner having sex and that's why she left the boat.

I guess we'll just believe that too because someone read it on the internet.

The screams are a rumor. If they have been substantiated then that is different.

The captain did not say they heard her screaming for help and mocked her.

The captain is simply saying that Wagner was on the deck when she went missing and that he stopped him from doing the search.

However if you listen to the TMZ interview they ask him a few times if he knew if they were on the aft or in the stateroom and he himself says that there's literally a door separating the two so he couldn't be sure and that it would be very difficult to tell.

I guess what upsets me the most about this is that people are ignoring the fact that this story is going to cause much pain to Wagner if he's innocent. It's also very hurtful to his children. But hey why let common decency step in the way of some juicy gossip.

Said woman has filed an affidavit w/the SO in addition to a forensic profiler and the Captain. I believe all have or are willing to take poligraphs..says quite a bit to me.

Wagner's and Natalie's children would be well aware of the accusations as they have been rumored openly in Hollywood for years. I would think justice for a possible victim would outweigh any concern for a possible perps feelings.

The Captain's affidavit states that they were drinking, taking quaaludes and that he and Walken spoked pot. He also states that Walken was asleep (read passed out) during the fight between RJ and Natalie. He has passed a poligraph. Wonder of Mr. RJ would take a poli to prove his version is the truth?

The autopsy report showed she was alive in the water. He didn't kill her before he pushed her over if he did. So just think, you get thrown off a boat, I think you'd scream. I mean MAAAAYYYBE she didn't scream but I doubt it.

So there's no scream.

I think why he comes across as guilty is that he feels guilty. He basically didn't look for her because he thought she was being a beyotch. So he knows that while he was standing there being annoyed with her, she was dying. And it took a while for her to die. He could have saved her. I would be devastated with guilt over something like that.

That is called involuntary manslaughter.

That is called involuntary manslaughter.

No it's not, not if he didn't think she was in the water. If he thought she left and went to shore then it's called being ignorant.

He called the restaurant which indicates that he thought she went to shore. Dumb yes but not involuntary manslaughter.

However the captain could be brought up on charges for not following protocol.

No it's not, not if he didn't think she was in the water. If he thought she left and went to shore then it's called being ignorant.

He called the restaurant which indicates that he thought she went to shore. Dumb yes but not involuntary manslaughter.

However the captain could be brought up on charges for not following protocol.

I agree the Captain can have charges filed. He doesn't seem worried about that. He has passed his poli. He states that RW refused to allow search and lied to the authorities about what went on. RW is responsible for that and if these (more than one) affidavits are born out to be fact...he is in trouble.

Said woman has filed an affidavit w/the SO in addition to a forensic profiler and the Captain. I believe all have or are willing to take poligraphs..says quite a bit to me.

Wagner's and Natalie's children would be well aware of the accusations as they have been rumored openly in Hollywood for years. I would think justice for a possible victim would outweigh any concern for a possible perps feelings.

The Captain's affidavit states that they were drinking, taking quaaludes and that he and Walken spoked pot. He also states that Walken was asleep (read passed out) during the fight between RJ and Natalie. He has passed a poligraph. Wonder of Mr. RJ would take a poli to prove his version is the truth?

Where are you getting this information? I have not heard him say that CW was "asleep" or "passed out" I've heard him say that when RW and NW started fighting Walken went to his room. He has no way of knowing if he went to sleep or passed out.

People are just making things up at this point and it's ridiculous.

Also to clarify what I said earlier, hearing someone scream "Help I'm drowning" is one thing, and I'd like to see the affadavit that has supposedly been filed.

But falling off the side of the boat screaming would sould like a long falling scream with a splash.

No one has reported hearing that. Not even the captain.

Where are you getting this information? I have not heard him say that CW was "asleep" or "passed out" I've heard him say that when RW and NW started fighting Walken went to his room. He has no way of knowing if he went to sleep or passed out.

Also to clarify what I said earlier, hearing someone scream "Help I'm drowning" is one thing, and I'd like to see the affadavit that has supposedly been filed.

But falling off the side of the boat screaming would sould like a long falling scream with a splash.

There is a link further up in the thread to the filing affidavits in this case. The Captain passed his poli stating that he checked in Walken's cabin for Natalie, Walken was asleep...he also stated that they were taking quaaludes and drinking and pot. Easy to see the man passed out and slept through the argument, which the Captain also states in his affidavit. Two people heard the screams and looked into the water with light....that affidavit is at the link upthread also. Don't have time right now to find it for you...but if you go back and look...it's interesting reading. If I come back this pm and you haven't found it I will do the work for you.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it is an interesting read. The attached link contains the statements made by the Captain, Margaret Rulli, Wood's daughter Lana, Marilyn Lane (the woman who head NW screams), Roger Smith (the Search and Rescue person who found NWs body), and a woman named Marianne Pesci. I believe this document was what was submitted to the LACSD to get the investigation reopened. Please read it if you haven't. It is posted on TMZ. See document.

What was heard by the witness was a woman screaming "Help, I am drowning and then a slurred man's voice saying "Hold on, we are coming to get you"...four hours later they finally called in the CG.

I am not making anything up...and from the poli results, by a retired LE poligrapher he is telling the truth.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it is an interesting read. The attached link contains the statements made by the Captain, Margaret Rulli, Wood's daughter Lana, Marilyn Lane (the woman who head NW screams), Roger Smith (the Search and Rescue person who found NWs body), and a woman named Marianne Pesci. I believe this document was what was submitted to the LACSD to get the investigation reopened. Please read it if you haven't. It is posted on TMZ. See document.

This is interesting but confusing. The captain did not say that he heard Natalie in the water.

The "drastic delay" is the fault of the Captain. I'm not saying justice should not be done, but that the Captain is just as liable for her death even if it was an accident. IF he had followed protocol she would still be alive.

Also polygraphs don't prove anything. They are flawed. And if the Captain has completely convinced himself of something over the last 30 years bet he could pass it.

I followed it years ago. If you go to Amazon and see the book you can read some of his statements.

Someone did say they reported hearing a woman crying "I'm drowning" but it was not substantiated. Perhaps this is the information that has also come forward.

The thing is, the yacht isn't a huge vessel and Christopher Walken was on the boat. If it was just RW and the captain then maybe what he is saying would make sense.

But it doesn't make sense. He says he thinks he pushed her off the boat? Come on, even in the heat of a fight a man and woman who loved each other as much as they did having a fight, SOMEONE would have come to their senses.

I think this is part of what a lot of these "conspiracy theories" get wrong IMO and not just in this case.

When we're talking about a cover up there would need to be a reason that all three men would go along with letting another person who ALL of them adored drown.

Even if RW was out of his mind and insane how is it possible that the other two men just let it go down the way it did?

And the fact that the Captain kept drinking and drinking shows that his character is really suspect.

I don't know Christopher Walken but he is very respected in his community and I do not get the vibe that he'd stand by and just let someone die.

It wouldn't be the first time someone knew a fight between spouses were going on and didn't want to get involved. This happened in 1981 and people just didn't want to get involved with domestic issues. The problem still remains today.

I think all Walken wanted to do was go to his room and stay there after he had been accused by a drunk of wanting to make a sexual move on Wagner's wife. He probably thought things would settle down eventually.

I did read that the woman who heard the screaming was listed in one of the original police reports back in 1981.

It also wouldn't be the first time that people got together and made a pact to tell the same story. Imo, the only one that was right there when it happened was Wagner so the other two went along with what he said.

Since domestic violence didn't just start happening yesterday Wagner pushing Natalie over the side of the boat in a fit of drunken rage is not far fetched at all.

How long was it after Natalie died did he start seeing JSJ?

I find Wagner urging the Captain to drink is very sinister. Why would Wagner be thinking they should have drinks anyway with Natalie missing? Was he celebrating or knew the Captain was very upset and used alcohol to calm him down?

IMO

Just a few somewhat unrelated observations here:

oceanblueyes, I think that RW may have been using alcohol to make the captain do what he wanted him to, knowing he was fond of drinking. It was a way to manipulate him.

Men can claim that a woman is the love of their life, makes them happier than anyone else, etc, and still be very violent toward her.

I believe that RW's story doesn't make sense because he is covering up what really happened. I always felt like the story was like a puzzle with too many missing pieces.

I also remember the witness reporting a woman crying for "help" in the report 30 years ago. I wonder if LE investigated the possibility that someone from another boat might have been crying for help and received it (didn't drown)?

So RW is responsible for the Captain's drinking problem as well. Anything else we want to blame on him? LOL ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
selaynehunter
Back