CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a question. If NL was involuntary committed, it should have been on her record. Also, I don’t know how extended psychiatric care is called in TX, but I wonder if NL was released on some form of it after her commitment? These forms stipulate seeing a psychiatrist and taking medications after release from involuntary commitment. In TX this care lasts for a year after involuntary commitment, according to Google (if such form was used when NL was released). Not to doubt what was told by the lawyer/family, because they may not know everything, but could NL have merely stopped treatment after her extended psychiatric care expired?

So…hers was a huge accident, too huge, but NL seems to have been not herself at that time. The question is, with her mental condition, we can’t talk about punishment, because she is an ill human being. (Maybe she likes drinking or drugs, but we have no evidence of it; she was clean during the accident). But she represents an enormous danger on the streets. How do we severely curtail this danger, without violating the rights of a mentally ill person, the same rights for which so many generations of humanists have fought? It becomes an ethical question.

Nurse in LA horror crash will remain in jail for another two weeks

• Nicole Linton, 37, will now appear for her bail hearing on September 12, after a judge agreed to postpone Wednesday's proceeding
  • Deputy DA Antonella Nistorescu filed a motion to delay, saying they needed more time to investigate the nurse's 'mental health episodes' and prior incidents
  • Linton is charged with six counts of murder for the fiery August 4 crash in Los Angeles that killed five people and an unborn baby

I believe she is bipolar.
I believe she is borderline.
I believe she went off her meds because someone online told her what she wanted to hear.
I believe she liked a drink, in certain circumstances.
I believe she liked recreational drugs, in certain circumstances.
I believe she picked awful men, with alarming consistency!

I believe she was probably a pretty decent nurse!
I believe she had family and friends who love her but were aware of fragility,
I believe they are fearful of liability now.
I believe her friends are not all that surprised that this happened.

I believe society is best off with her making license plates and managing the prison law library for forever. She is not able or willing to control her mental illness. Better that taxpayers take the blow of feeding her three squares than she’s out with car keys.

My $0.02.
BBM

Hi @caradana, just curious about the bolder portions - what brings you to believe she had BPD, occasionally used drugs, and picked bad men? I know there was the Olympian but I thought that was uncertain if it was even real, and he passed years ago….I hadn’t heard of other men. Just respectfully curious what you’ve seen or heard to come to these conclusions - this case is very interesting to me!!

Thanks!!

Honey Badger doesn't give a dang about anyone but herself, that is why instead of slamming her car into a wall to kill herself, she hit the gas and plowed into anyone who got in her way, possibly with the knowledge that her pricey solid car might fare much better in a crash than some of the cars she encountered.
Crazy or evil? Both imo, speculation, fwiw.

''People who are evil attack others instead of facing their own failures. Peck demonstrates the havoc these people of the lie work in the lives of those around them. He presents, from vivid incidents encountered in his psychiatric practice, examples of evil in everyday life.''

I am TOTALLY confused as to how Nicole could be so mentally unwell and hold a job at a HOSPITAL and what??? Nobody said nothing? This woman was going home during lunchbreaks to facetime her SISTER while completely naked, ranting that her family was stealing from her and her coworkers were acting weird and off and whatever. And she'd just put her clothes back on and go to work and be "normal" there? ......

I am TOTALLY confused as to how Nicole could be so mentally unwell and hold a job at a HOSPITAL and what??? Nobody said nothing? This woman was going home during lunchbreaks to facetime her SISTER while completely naked, ranting that her family was stealing from her and her coworkers were acting weird and off and whatever. And she'd just put her clothes back on and go to work and be "normal" there? ......
Leaving a hospital during lunch as an RN is absolutely unheard of. Walk across the street to a sandwich shop? Maybe. Getting in your car and leaving leaving? Heck no!

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde syndrome? Or, maybe she has no mental issues and it's just malingering to escape the consequences of her temper tantrums?
I'm just speculating here...

MOO JMO

Honey Badger doesn't give a dang about anyone but herself, that is why instead of slamming her car into a wall to kill herself, she hit the gas and plowed into anyone who got in her way, possibly with the knowledge that her pricey solid car might fare much better in a crash than some of the cars she encountered.
Crazy or evil? Both imo, speculation, fwiw.

''People who are evil attack others instead of facing their own failures. Peck demonstrates the havoc these people of the lie work in the lives of those around them. He presents, from vivid incidents encountered in his psychiatric practice, examples of evil in everyday life.''
“People of the Lie” by Scott Peck. Excellent book!

Leaving a hospital during lunch as an RN is absolutely unheard of. Walk across the street to a sandwich shop? Maybe. Getting in your car and leaving leaving? Heck no!
Agreed! I’m not an RN but I work in a hospital. Most days it’s a struggle to get time just to get to the cafeteria! Leaving entirely….NEVER.

I’m an RN and I do know other RN’s who left during their shifts for long periods… sometimes suspiciously. I’m sure it was noticed… honestly y’all it takes a lot to lose a job as a nurse… especially now. I’m not saying it’s ok but it’s possible that people noticed something was off with her and just didn’t want to know, didn’t know what to do, etc… as a traveller you are not part of the regular staff as well so she was always moving from unit to unit. I know of nurses who were an issue and were just moved because of that… problem solved for management! :/

HOW, with her diagnosis and previous commitment and history, was her nursing license not revoked?
According to this article it looks like she got her CA license just this year in March, but they have now suspended it.

'According to the state board, Linton received her California nursing license on March 11, 2022 via the endorsement process.

The California Board of Registered Nursing released the following statement to FOX 11, "At that time, Ms. Linton did not have a criminal history or a record of discipline that would have precluded her from obtaining licensure; and, the BRN did not have any information calling her mental state into question. At this time, upon the request of counsel representing the BRN, Ms. Linton has been suspended from practicing nursing until the resolution of her criminal proceeding, or unless and until the court orders otherwise."'

HOW, with her diagnosis and previous commitment and history, was her nursing license not revoked?

This is a big controversy in healthcare right now, but the short answer is: because not allowing someone to practice due to their HISTORY of any kind of illness violates the ADA. The reason states can no longer do this is because some states were forcing healthcare professionals even with a history of depression 20 years ago or anxiety in high school to undergo special (costly) monitoring programs. This understandably violates the ADA. So now a lot of states focus on CURRENT impairment, rather than history, and if she wasn't impaired at the time she got her license (if she was taking her meds, etc), then she could have honestly not disclosed. The problem is, others around her who knew she was impaired failed at turning her in. In medicine, you must report if your colleague is impaired. It's a professional sin not to.

Agreed. If we were lucky enough to even have a lunch! I was lucky to grab a protein bar. Staffing seemed to ALWAYS be an issue.

I have been a nurse for 33 years. I told my husband, I have never worked in a hospital where nurses left the property for lunch. We were lucky most days to get a break at all, especially in ICU.

I’m an RN and I do know other RN’s who left during their shifts for long periods… sometimes suspiciously. I’m sure it was noticed… honestly y’all it takes a lot to lose a job as a nurse… especially now. I’m not saying it’s ok but it’s possible that people noticed something was off with her and just didn’t want to know, didn’t know what to do, etc… as a traveller you are not part of the regular staff as well so she was always moving from unit to unit. I know of nurses who were an issue and were just moved because of that… problem solved for management! :/
I imagine it's different from hospital to hospital but what you described would not happen where I worked. Upper management was well aware of their own liability.
If there were RN's leaving for long periods of time, there would be repercussions against that RN. When a person leaves the unit, someone has to take over care of their patients. With fellow RN's most likely carrying a full load I'm sure it was noticed. I'm disappointed in this particular hospital for being so lax about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back