CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, like the driver and the car is the bullet. But unlike shooting a gun, the driver can try to profess it as accidental *eyeroll*
It does seem like a phenomena occurring more and more frequently, like a slightly less direct mass shooting, with the same sickening consequences.

How do we force people to take their meds if their disorder compels them to stop? I’ve had 4 loved ones with bipolar disorder, and all at one point got off their meds for no really good reason (instinct?) but the effects of that were not positive, but yet the desire to give up the meds seemed strong. (In comparison, I have an anxiety disorder and not for a second so I desire to stop taking them!)

Judge denies hospital release for nurse in deadly Windsor Hills crash: 'She stole 6 innocent lives'

Judge denies hospital release for nurse in deadly Windsor Hills crash: ‘She stole 6 innocent lives’​

Great and Rational decision by This judge

Judge denies hospital release for nurse in deadly Windsor Hills crash: 'She stole 6 innocent lives'

Judge denies hospital release for nurse in deadly Windsor Hills crash: ‘She stole 6 innocent lives’​

This articles states:
Linton is set to be arraigned on the charges in her case Monday afternoon, her attorney said.

But the court site says:

Upcoming Scheduled Events

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
October 26, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 ARRAIGNMENT AND PLEA

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

Hopefully her attorney will get the right date of arraignment.... but I shall keep an eye on the court site to see if it changes to Monday, 9/19.

Yes, like the driver and the car is the bullet. But unlike shooting a gun, the driver can try to profess it as accidental *eyeroll*
It does seem like a phenomena occurring more and more frequently, like a slightly less direct mass shooting, with the same sickening consequences.

How do we force people to take their meds if their disorder compels them to stop? I’ve had 4 loved ones with bipolar disorder, and all at one point got off their meds for no really good reason (instinct?) but the effects of that were not positive, but yet the desire to give up the meds seemed strong. (In comparison, I have an anxiety disorder and not for a second so I desire to stop taking them!)
I have had family members with BPD that have stopped as well. I also remember in classes that it happens with a lot of disorders, the medicines made them feel "great and I don't need them anymore because I'm fine." I also have a family member that hasn't stopped, but stated that she hates that they can't feel the highs they used to. Unfortunately we can't force people to take anything they don't want. Unfortunately we have things that are dangerous and available.

The reasons for not taking them is dependent on the person: feeling fine and don't need them (when it's the meds making them stable), don't like the effects or side effects, can't feel the same emotions they did before, don't want to have to deal with the responsibility of taking meds, etc... it's hard to watch relatives struggle, but unless they present an immediate harm to themselves or others there is little that can be done.

I’ve worked in the behavioral health field on an inpatient crisis unit since 2002 and have only seen ONE time where the court (held weekly in the Baker Act receiving facility I work at) ordered involuntary outpatient commitment including a monthly injection of something like Invega Sustenna. Honestly, we all knew it would be difficult to implement but hoped the monthly injection would be the real tool in this guy’s case because nothing was working. I believe he had even been sent to state hospital, which is the typical next step when nothing else works. Forcing Linton to take medication would have been nearly impossible. For me, the intellectual types are the most challenging to convince. I don’t know if Linton is the intellectual type but being a nurse and potentially being grandiose, I could see it. If that’s even the case with her.

I’ve worked in the behavioral health field on an inpatient crisis unit since 2002 and have only seen ONE time where the court (held weekly in the Baker Act receiving facility I work at) ordered involuntary outpatient commitment including a monthly injection of something like Invega Sustenna. Honestly, we all knew it would be difficult to implement but hoped the monthly injection would be the real tool in this guy’s case because nothing was working. I believe he had even been sent to state hospital, which is the typical next step when nothing else works. Forcing Linton to take medication would have been nearly impossible. For me, the intellectual types are the most challenging to convince. I don’t know if Linton is the intellectual type but being a nurse and potentially being grandiose, I could see it. If that’s even the case with her.

I wonder if what makes bipolar people stop their meds is that high mood they might experience afterwards. This elation might be felt only during the ascent, but the euphoria, described by many, is something to consider as the biggest motivator for noncompliance.

No doubt, NL, a nurse, ought to have known better than to stop treatment. The horrible accident is her fault, and I feel she will be judged fairly. What is not her fault is the condition that she got with her DNA. And the feeling is that of judgment mixed with commiseration.

From your link: "There are just too many inconsistencies and I really need someone to tell me what makes Nicole’s case so different? Why is it that one of the most compassionate people I know, someone who dedicated her life to helping people and suffering from a mental illness is being charged with murder?"

This is just ridiculous. It makes me even madder! "Inconsistencies", what inconsistencies??? There are no inconsistencies.

I really hope the site is taken down. Plus, a family member changed NL's FB name to Joy Anne Simone, why are they sharing her personal life now??? Why change her name if there's nothing to hide??? I know why... and it won't work.

Still no sympathy for NL! None! Zero!

MOO JMO

From your link: "There are just too many inconsistencies and I really need someone to tell me what makes Nicole’s case so different? Why is it that one of the most compassionate people I know, someone who dedicated her life to helping people and suffering from a mental illness is being charged with murder?"

This is just ridiculous. It makes me even madder! "Inconsistencies", what inconsistencies??? There are no inconsistencies.

I really hope the site is taken down. Plus, a family member changed NL's FB name to Joy Anne Simone, why are they sharing her personal life now??? Why change her name if there's nothing to hide??? I know why... and it won't work.

Still no sympathy for NL! None! Zero!

MOO JMO
I felt similar.

NL is no victim here. The system didn't fail her. She chose to stop taking her medication "because of weight gain"...
She is not a "compassionate person", she's a selfish and self-centered person who floored the gas pedal to 130mph and deliberately took 6 innocent lives.

Using mental illness as an excuse for NL's actions is offensive to all the people who suffer from mental disorders and don't have access to proper medical care and/or are afraid of being stigmatized.

MOO JMO

Wow her family is really asking for donations for Nicole’s legal fund and medical treatment. Nice of them to also link to the victims family’s fundraising pages, but it’s unbelievable to me that Nicole’s family has the nerve to ask for donations.

Wow her family is really asking for donations for Nicole’s legal fund and medical treatment. Nice of them to also link to the victims family’s fundraising pages, but it’s unbelievable to me that Nicole’s family has the nerve to ask for donations.
Is it a crowd sourced donation fund?
We read in the Gabriel Davies thread that typical fundraisers online may not use the money for legal funds.

This really makes me mad. I have as much sympathy for her as I do for Sherri Papini……zilch.

It’s a fair assessment that our society clearly has to work on emphasis on mental health support… we have almost none. Disagree? Daily mass shootings should be enough to spot the unending crisis but everyone just puts emphasis on individual choices… moo

It’s a fair assessment that our society clearly has to work on emphasis on mental health support… we have almost none. Disagree? Daily mass shootings should be enough to spot the unending crisis but everyone just puts emphasis on individual choices… moo
I agree however the page and fundraising are in very poor taste when 6 people, including a pregnant woman, are dead. It’s not the time. She hasn’t even started the legal processes.

The family of the perpetrators asking for funds is unbelievably egregious indeed. Where was their passionate philosophy of mental support and accountability before this incident? That ship had already sailed long ago..

Looks like her preliminary hearing was added. I had arraignment/plea hearing on 10/26/22 & an article had it on 9/19/22.

Upcoming Scheduled Events

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
September 22, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 109 PRELIMINARY HEARING

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

edited to add - looks like she had a couple of motions hearings that I missed.

Previous events:
September 12, 202208:30 AMClara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center030BAIL REVIEW
September 13, 202210:00 AMClara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center109MOTION
September 15, 202208:30 AMClara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center109MOTION

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back