CA - O.J. Simpson & the murders of Nicole Brown, Ron Goldman, 1994 *not guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I accidentally found this book on the shelf at my local Barnes & Noble. Fortunately, it wasn't a best seller!

If Jason Simpson was a suspect, why was he not investigated back than? Interesting to think OJ Simpson would cover for his own son. I remember hearing Kato Kaelin as a possible suspect as well.

I saw crime scene photos in that book. Whoever killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman was really angry. I mean REALLY angry. There is blood everywhere.

The more I think about this, I think the 1995 trial should of been a mistrial. I heard Judge Lance Ito fell asleep during the trial. Mistrial right there.
A friend in the legal profession told me Ito should have recused himself, because he had previous dealings/ties with Johnny Cochran... Ito also had no control of his courtroom.

I find that the DNA testing today is superior to the testing back in 95. I don't believe that the testing back then was as accurate as it is today. The results can show that a family member may be responsible for the crime. So unless they retest the results who's knows. Dr. Lee felt it could have been a family member. Did Dr. Lee know something we didn't?

I would also be curious what the DNA results would find today. I do remember Dr. Lee's beliefs at the time and have wondered if it could belong to someone else, such as Jason.

The murders themselves were very personal, leading most to believe they were committed by a jealous O.J. However, there were also elements to the crimes indicating the perpetrator was a much younger, more fit man. Ron Goldman put up a valiant fight for his life, which has always indicated to me, that the actor was someone closer to his age and physical condition.

Maybe there is something to this theory?

:waitasec:

As a disclaimer, however, I do not believe O.J. is completely innocent.

MOO

A friend in the legal profession told me Ito should have recused himself, because he had previous dealings/ties with Johnny Cochran... Ito also had no control of his courtroom.

Ito was an embarrassment to the legal profession.

Ito was an embarrassment to the legal profession.

I'm not trying to argue with you, Jacy, because I have no personal investment in Lance Ito. But in terms of the way television coverage, the 24/7 news shows and their insatiable need for content, and the latest "Trial of the Century" intersected, I'm not sure there was any precedent for the Simpson trial.

Obviously, it wasn't the first case that attracted worldwide interest. But people used to wait for tomorrow's paper to get their news; they didn't demand updates every hour on the hour.

Without TV, Simpson would not have had his "Dream Team". He wasn't THAT rich.

And without the Dream Team, Ito wouldn't have lost control of his courtroom.

I accidentally found this book on the shelf at my local Barnes & Noble. Fortunately, it wasn't a best seller!

Like I suggested, watch the documentary- I'd be thrilled to hear your thoughts after gaining a full understanding of the presentation.

I'm not suggesting I agree or disagree with the conclusion, just suggesting you'll be fascinated by the documentary.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

why would Jason be upset about them not coming to the restaurant he worked at?
that restaurant prolly had celebrity cliental much bigger than the odd ex-wife and party
and even if he was angry enough to go over there it would have never escalated to a
knife murder that instantly..Jason had more power by having her around to exploit as
a family member
OJ did it....the crime fit the passion/obsession he had for her

This is ridiculous, imo, and no offense to others. But Jason has suffered enough. I would be willing to bet he has some knowledge...I will never forget the part of Dominick Dunne's Justice that deals with Dunne meeting Jason in an elevator at the courthouse during the trial. It is haunting. That is the face of a crime victim-collateral damage for sure. :(

I would also be curious what the DNA results would find today. I do remember Dr. Lee's beliefs at the time and have wondered if it could belong to someone else, such as Jason.

The murders themselves were very personal, leading most to believe they were committed by a jealous O.J. However, there were also elements to the crimes indicating the perpetrator was a much younger, more fit man. Ron Goldman put up a valiant fight for his life, which has always indicated to me, that the actor was someone closer to his age and physical condition.

Maybe there is something to this theory?

:waitasec:

As a disclaimer, however, I do not believe O.J. is completely innocent.

MOO
OJ had received Navy Seal training for a movie role (which is why he knew the most efficient way to slit throats), and the arthritis he feigned in court was an act. He had the adrenaline to pull it off.

No, it was much much more than that. But the reservation thing was like this:

Jason had been a chef at this restaurant for awhile, but he felt he was getting no approval or feedback from anyone in his family, for doing such a good job. Jason craved attention and approval, but got very little from OJ or Nicole.

That day was a big family event, and JasoN went to a lot of trouble preparing for the entire family to come and celebrate in HIS restaurant. And he told everyone at work that his family was coming that night. So he prepared a special feast for everyone. But then he was ignored,and only found out at the last minute,that Nicole switched restaurants,and never even told him. So he was embarrassed at his restaurant and was very angry. There are rumors that he walked out of work very angry and early from his shift. And his time card was not electronically punched out. he only had a note from his boss, saying he was still at work that night during the murders, although some say he had already left, angry.

So not only did Nicole diss his restauarant, and him as a chef, by changing that reservation. She also had the family celebration that night, without him being included.
Where have you gotten this information? How do you know that Nicole and her family hadn't planned to eat at Ron Goldman's restaurant (name escapes me now) all along???

I am one of the few people who did not think OJ did it. I think it is possible that his son did. Also, there was discussion, at the time, that the method of killing, 'necklacing', was a method used by drug dealers. There had also been several other killings of that type in the greater LA area in a time frame surrounding those 2 murders. I think Johnny Cochoran was right about it being a rush to judgement. The evidence was presented and OJ was acquitted.

RBBM: Do you even know what a Colombian Necklace is? Or a Colombian Necktie? A Colombian Necklace is where a tire is put around the victim's head and set on fire. A Colombian Necktie is where the victim's tongue is pulled out through the cut in his/her throat. Neither of which happened here. Even Johnny Cochran knew OJ was guilty, go read "American Tragedy" by Lawrence Schiller.

How well organized do you think OJ was in a rage? He was beyond pithed off that Nicole was FINALLY done with him, Paula Barbieri broke up with him (on the morning of the murders, no less), and here he was sitting at home with Kato, while Nicole was out with HER family, not him.

Did you read OJ's book, "If I Did It?" He tells the whole story right there, all you have to do is read it.

One other point, OJ KNEW that Nicole had or was sleeping with Marcus Allen, that rumor was out long before the murders. OJ couldn't deal with the fact that Nicole had traded up in a sense, to a better model OJ, if you will. Why do you think Marcus and his wife were NOT at Nicole's funeral?

And my final point about Jason. It was confirmed that he was at work at the time of the murders. I've cited the source numerous times, I can't help if everyone ignores it. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

OJ was well heck of a good football player and spokesman, but he was not a good man in his personal life.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.
Okay, first of all -defense attorneys throw out spaghetti for theories and see what sticks, much like Jose Baez's opening statements. So much for Columbian Drug Lords. What did they gain from Nicole's death, and where is the evidence of their involvement???
Second of all, OJ's acquittal is meaningless. He had a star-struck jury from the 'hood who refused to convict him. The crimes weren't committed in L.A., they happened in Santa Monica. And when a civil jury there saw the evidence, they voted guilty! The flip side is that juries often get it wrong- besides OJ, there has also been the travesties of justice in Casey Anthony, Robert Blake, and Michael Jackson. All guilty, but acquitted.:twocents::jail::jail::jail:

why would Jason be upset about them not coming to the restaurant he worked at?
that restaurant prolly had celebrity cliental much bigger than the odd ex-wife and party
and even if he was angry enough to go over there it would have never escalated to a
knife murder that instantly..Jason had more power by having her around to exploit as
a family member
OJ did it....the crime fit the passion/obsession he had for her

There was a lot of anger pent up in Jason because of the dysfunctional family dynamics. Remember, Jason was very young when his father began cheating on his mom with a young beautiful blonde. That right there made Jason very angry at Nicole. And over the years OJ mistreated his ex-wife, trying to get away with leaving her very little. She almost lost her home and nearly declared bankruptcy. Meanwhile jason sees Nicole and her new family living in luxury. That probably triggered some deeply held resentment.

Jason was conflicted, but still fell under Nicole's spell. He wanted her approval but often felt left out. THe main thing he wanted was their
[ Oj/Nicole]respect. He had come a long way and was finally successful in his career as a sous chef. It was very exciting for him that the entire family was going to come and taste HIS cooking.He probably reserved a table and told his bosses. So he was very upset and embarrassed at his job when they never showed up and never even called. That was rude and arrogant and like a slap in his face, once again.

Jason had been charged with attacking his ex gf with a knife previously. He had to go to anger management classes. Also he always carried his chef equipment with him. So he would have had those sharp knives when he left work, angry, that night. jmo

I realize we can't expect much from TMZ, but how can Kato "confess" that Simpson did something without alleging any personal knowledge of the event.

And if Kato HAS personal knowledge of the crime, why isn't it in the article?

At the very least, he might answer the rumors that he and Simpson made a drug run while they went to MacDonald's. And he could tell us something about Simpson's state of mind re being excluded from the dinner party.

Better late than never, but is he no longer scared now that OJ's locked up??? Hopefully OJ will do as much time as he would have if he had been convicted, because there is no double jeopardy for murder!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't know what you mean, Linas, because double jeopardy does indeed attach in murder cases.

What is said is that in most jurisdictions there is no statute of limitations for murder, but that doesn't matter in re Simpson because he was already acquitted.

Where have you gotten this information? How do you know that Nicole and her family hadn't planned to eat at Ron Goldman's restaurant (name escapes me now) all along???

It's part of the documentary and book which examines the crime and from the evidence that was uncovered offers another theory; I actually suggested (a couple months ago) that you might watch it before bashing the theory (although to be honest my motivation for suggesting you watch it is that I've enjoyed your insights in this thread and am curious to hear your thoughts if you watch it). :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

I only read the first page so forgive me if this has already been brought up.

That was always a big rumor going around here at the time. Here is what I remember, because it sounded very plausible.

First of all, Jason was very close to his mother. And he hated Nicole for the pain his mother went through. Watching his mom's pain of being replaced by a much younger blonde was very difficult and painful for him.

The way I remember it, Jason was a sous chef at a nice restaurant in the Brentwood area at the time. So he had his own collection of sharp knives he kept with him. And the rumor was that the entire family was supposed to go and eat at the restaurant where Jason worked after the family event at the school that day. And he was humiliated because nobody showed up there. Nicole apparently derailed those plans and had that smaller dinner at the other restaurant instead. Jason was said by some to be very very angry about that and others said that he had a very bad temper.

So the rumor around town was that OJ was covering for Jason and hoping to be found not guilty, but was not going to turn his son is.

It also would make sense that the killing was so severe and violent, because he probably had attraction to her, and yet hated her because of his moms pain.

I have always had this possibility in the back of my mind.

eta: he had assaulted his gf 2 months before this and was diagnosed with ' RAGE DISORDER. '

And click on the look and look at his picture. :eek:

"Despite these alleged findings, Jason Simpson's DNA and fingerprints were never compared to those found at the crime scene. He was never interviewed by police, either, the Post reports. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...death--went-trial-cover-up.html#ixzz1quzmDhz1

This is what I've heard and I don't think it's out of the question. A lot of other people believed this before his book.

I think the guy is a nut. It's a theory but he's pretending he has "proof". His proof is a hunting knife he claims he found, when and where is not clear, although he states he went through his garbage and an abandoned storage locker of Jason's:
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...death--went-trial-cover-up.html#ixzz1qv6EwJCv

He also claims that forensic experts have determined the knife is the murder weapon. Really?

Why would anyone stow a weapon they used to murder someone in their own trash or leave it in a storage locker they later abandon? Makes no sense as both can be traced to the murderer.

His other "evidence" consists of the lack of evidence: Jason was not interviewed and his hair was not tested, etc.

I think it is irresponsible of this investigator to cast blame on yet another person, especially without solid proof.

BBM

I've seen shows where murderers have left bodies in oil drums in their storage spaces.

This theory does not explain the Bruno Magli shoes evidence, nor the cuts on OJ's hands. Just because the knife was found in the son's locker doesn't mean OJ didn't put it there or give it to his son. I'm not believing it!:snooty::snooty::snooty:

The PI believes that OJ showed up at the scene very near the end. That would explain the BM's and trying to take the knife away might explain the cuts. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back