Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is . I did read where it’s protocol , but I don’t buy it . Especially their biological children ... I can’t see them being placed with the state. When there is so much other family ... it seems strange .
Moo
Apparently most of the extended family live very far away. I think it's typical in cases like this that the children would be placed in foster care rather than with family members. It's also hard to find someone who can accommodate four children. Normally they try to keep siblings together, but it's not always possible. Imo

It should be noted that the two brothers are the youngest of four adopted siblings and share two older siblings who are the biological children of their adoptive parents. That is six children in total who are our primary focus.

The boys and their sibling joined our family legally last year when the parental rights of their birth mother were taken away by the State of California and the birth fathers collectively gave up their parental rights.
FIND OUR MISSING BOYS — ORRIN AND ORSON WEST (OFFICIAL WEST FAMILY STATEMENT)
*im confused. The first paragraph implies two other siblings. Second paragraph implies one sibling.
Is this from the extended family ? If they said 4 adopted children it makes me think that is accurate ?

It should be noted that the two brothers are the youngest of four adopted siblings and share two older siblings who are the biological children of their adoptive parents. That is six children in total who are our primary focus.

The boys and their sibling joined our family legally last year when the parental rights of their birth mother were taken away by the State of California and the birth fathers collectively gave up their parental rights.
FIND OUR MISSING BOYS — ORRIN AND ORSON WEST (OFFICIAL WEST FAMILY STATEMENT)
*im confused. The first paragraph implies two other siblings. Second paragraph implies one sibling.
Is this from the extended family ? If they said 4 adopted children it makes me think that is accurate ?
Apparently most of the extended family live very far away. I think it's typical in cases like this that the children would be placed in foster care rather than with family members. It's also hard to find someone who can accommodate four children. Normally they try to keep siblings together, but it's not always possible. Imo
I just hope they don’t get them back until we can find out exactly what happened to these little boys.

*This statement worries me: So, that’s why we try to use the tools at hand to try to determine the best outcomes for kids. I pray the best for those children.” Is praying one of the tools at hand? Praying is important but it’s odd to mention that almost in the same breath. Perhaps, they need to reevaluate tools according to outcomes data.

“It’s unfortunate when any child is injured or hurt in our community or any other community, but we’re not able to predict the future of what anyone is going to do,” Jana Slagle Spokesperson, Kern County Department of Human Services (DHS) said. “So, that’s why we try to use the tools at hand to try to determine the best outcomes for kids. I pray the best for those children.”

[URL]http://165.107.17.52/pdfs/reports/97103.pdf

https://www.kcdhs.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=654[/URL]

https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/MH/Documents/15-Kern_CtyAggRep-ADA.pdf

https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/MH/Documents/15-20180621-Kern-ADA-OCWC.pdf

The MHSOAC defines parents/caregivers of children and youth to include biological parents, foster parents, and grandparents. The collaborative partners of the proposed project have expand that definition. “Parents and caregivers” include biological parents, grandparents, siblings, other extended family members (related and non-related kin), foster and adoptive parents, neighbors, mentors, legal representatives, court appointed special advocates, parenting youth involved in the mental health system, and other permanent natural supports to youth. Each of these types of caregivers has unique ex- periences and needs which will be described below. The combination of partners in the collaborative represent all members of this broadened definition of caregivers.

Biological Parents:
This is the most easily defined caregiver subgroup. The standard dictionary definition for biological parent is “a parent who has conceived (biological mother) or sired (bio- logical father) rather than adopted a child and whose genes are therefore transmitted to the child.”

Kinship Caregivers:
Kinship care refers to the care of children by relatives or close family friends. Relatives are often the preferred caregiver for children who cannot live with their birth parents, because it maintains the children’s connections with their biological families.

Grandparents:
Grandparents are kinship caregivers who face additional challenges when they take their grandchildren in to care, such as financial and health concerns, and conflicted relationships with their own children.

Foster Parents:
Foster care is a system in which a child or youth has been taken into the care of a government entity such as the child welfare system. These children and youth are often cared for in private homes of a certified caregiver, referred to as a “foster parent,” or in California, as a “resource parent.”

Guardianship Parents:
Legal guardianship is a court order that says someone who is not the child’s parent is in charge of taking care of the child. Guardianship suspends the parental rights of the parents; it does not terminate the parental rights. Guardianship can also be terminated at any time through the court.

Adoptive Parents:
The word adoptive is an adjective meaning “one who has adopted.” An adoptive parent would be one who has adopted a child who was not born from him/her/them. At the time of the adoption, the child becomes legally his/her/theirs, just as if it were born from him/her/them.

Legal Representatives:
Nearly one hundred times a day, a child in California is placed in foster care. These children then become involved in very complicated and difficult to understand system, including the court system. These children are connected to an attorney, their legal representative, whose goal it is to improve their life. Legal representatives do this by determining the best supports and services specific to their needs, and representing their voice, advocating for their needs in and out of the courts.

Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA):
CASAs are community members who are trained and then appointed by a judge to advocate, on a one-to-one basis, for a youth who has been removed from home due to abuse, neglect and/or abandonment. CASAs develop a bond with each youth and make sure each children-serving systems and other supports know the youth’s perspec- tive and needs.
https://parentscaregivers4wellness....2018-State-of-the-Community-Annual-Report.pdf

*This statement worries me: So, that’s why we try to use the tools at hand to try to determine the best outcomes for kids. I pray the best for those children.” Is praying one of the tools at hand? Praying is important but it’s odd to mention that almost in the same breath. Perhaps, they need to reevaluate tools according to outcomes data.

“It’s unfortunate when any child is injured or hurt in our community or any other community, but we’re not able to predict the future of what anyone is going to do,” Jana Slagle Spokesperson, Kern County Department of Human Services (DHS) said. “So, that’s why we try to use the tools at hand to try to determine the best outcomes for kids. I pray the best for those children.”
I think she was just adding that she prays for the kids, not that prayer has anything to do with the resources used to help the parents and kids.

Each child should have their own attorney, caseworker and an advocate who all work together to determine their best interests.

Resources for the parents might include evaluations, recommendations for services such as mental health or addiction treatment, parenting classes, financial help, and whatever else they think they might need.

In this case the parents biggest problem appears to be their missing children. However, there is no way to know what the other children have said or what else CPS may have discovered. There could be many factors involved that we don't know about.

Imo

You know it worries me too. Prayer is amazing, and I pray but let’s be realistic . Children need more than prayer to be protected from predators .

Lets be realistic here again, these children have been harmed or they would of been found in my opinion. The adoptive parents have not been honest and that’s been pretty much proven IMO by video released. Why would they need to lie ? So many people have thought how could that happen to 2 kids ? Because it’s simple , they were brothers a package , if one was harmed they both had to go.

I don’t know what has happened , but I do think this, it ALL falls back on JW and TW because they were responsible for these little lives.

moo

This whole situation is eye opening . Again the only victims are these boys IMO, but I just can not help feeling for the biological mom. Hands down she loves those boys, and maybe the state should of focused more on the tools she needed to get her kids back . They just take these rights away too soon I think. Keep the children with the biological family at all costs unless there is noted abuse and neglect . I don’t think this woman was abusive , I think she needed help.

moo

FEB 9, 2021
Siblings of Orrin and Orson West in foster care; judge to determine adoptive parents’ custody | KGET 17
[...]

“In child protective services, protective custody means they’re place in a foster home,” said Jana Slagle, a spokesperson from the Department of Human Services in Kern County. “They’re removed from their family with the allegation of abuse or neglect, and placed in a foster home.” Her department deals with cases of parental neglect which ultimately end up in juvenile court.

This is especially interesting in light of Chief Walker's earlier statement back in December that removing the remaining children is standard procedure:

"The Wests have four other children who were taken into protective custody as part of standard procedure, Walker said. “Until we determine one way or another what happened to the (missing) children, the other four children are taken out of the home,” Walker said." Cal City police chief on missing boys: 'I do suspect foul play'

I've seen it happen in many missing kids cases where the remaining kids are removed from the home during the course of the investigation - legit standard procedure, but it appears in the West's case, the spokesperson for DHS Kern County is alleging abuse or neglect. Interesting that no actual criminal charges though, just the allegation. So far.

I sure wish they'd find those boys. :(

This is especially interesting in light of Chief Walker's earlier statement back in December that removing the remaining children is standard procedure:

"The Wests have four other children who were taken into protective custody as part of standard procedure, Walker said. “Until we determine one way or another what happened to the (missing) children, the other four children are taken out of the home,” Walker said." Cal City police chief on missing boys: 'I do suspect foul play'

I've seen it happen in many missing kids cases where the remaining kids are removed from the home during the course of the investigation - legit standard procedure, but it appears in the West's case, the spokesperson for DHS Kern County is alleging abuse or neglect. Interesting that no actual criminal charges though, just the allegation. So far.

I sure wish they'd find those boys. :(
It's just heartbreaking!

This article also states that they have two "adopted" children. I don't think I've seen any yet that report them as having two foster children.

I'm wondering what the Wests Case Plan is. I'm thinking their case may be a little different than the typical CPS case. It may be depend on whether or not Orrin and Orson are found and what happened to them. Imo
See 15:40 in this video. The Chief says, "The way I understand it, and the way I've been briefed on it is that there was two biological children, two foster children, and uh, Orrin and Orson were actually adopted."

I am not confident that this is correct and I hope we see clarification because it is a sticking point that is fueling a lot of the SM circus. MOO

See 15:40 in this video. The Chief says, "The way I understand it, and the way I've been briefed on it is that there was two biological children, two foster children, and uh, Orrin and Orson were actually adopted."

I am not confident that this is correct and I hope we see clarification because it is a sticking point that is fueling a lot of the SM circus. MOO

Yes, when he said that I was surprised because for the first month or so it was reported that all the boys were adopted. The only other error was in the first few days when some sources reported that JW and TW were the foster parents for Orson and Orrin, but that was corrected quickly.

I would think that most reporters got their information from LE or from another official instead of just assuming they were adopted. I'm thinking the local media would have the most accurate information and they are still describing the other siblings as "adopted."

Also the extended family indicated that the other two siblings were adopted around the same time as Orrin and Orson. Imo

You know it worries me too. Prayer is amazing, and I pray but let’s be realistic . Children need more than prayer to be protected from predators .

Lets be realistic here again, these children have been harmed or they would of been found in my opinion. The adoptive parents have not been honest and that’s been pretty much proven IMO by video released. Why would they need to lie ? So many people have thought how could that happen to 2 kids ? Because it’s simple , they were brothers a package , if one was harmed they both had to go.

I don’t know what has happened , but I do think this, it ALL falls back on JW and TW because they were responsible for these little lives.

moo
SMH. She pull$ in over $100k per year, and that's the B$ She's shoveling, but she can't talk about any corruption, or hinky things going on under her watch,in her own department. Supposedly to protect children involved ;)

This is such a huge problem , they need to really really get this straight . I just watched the interview again, it really IMO sounds like the other 4 were taken away Bc there was definitely abuse/ neglect suspected and the grandmother saw the boys but it was not on Dec 19th Bc the chief wouldn’t disclose it. That’s the impression I got .

He also makes it pretty clear he does NOT think the boys were kidnapped from the back yard. Or kidnapped period. “ no ones come forward at all”
moo

Last edited:
View attachment 283563
This photo just grips my heart. These little ones look so forlorn, wary.
I just want to hold them and rock them and make it all better.
This case just makes me so very sad.

Where are you little ones?

Amateur opinion and speculation

No happy faces at all in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics