Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first the Marshals being called in raised my hackles a bit too. But this morning I remembered that Joshua Tree is a National Park, so it makes more sense to me why they might be involved in the investigation. When a crime occurs on National Park land, if it goes to prosecution it's to federal court.

Maybe authorities suspect that Rachel was abducted and is being trafficked. I suppose it's a real possibility. There's also the fact that Rachel and Joseph used to be romantically involved and at the time they disappeared were just friends. They went to JT for her birthday yet it was just the two of them. For people that young, birthdays are a pretty big deal and aren't typically spent celebrating with one person. But little is known about RN and who she is/was as a person. JMO. This story unravels in peculiar directions with every new report that comes out.

BBM IMO there's nothing odd about that part of the story. Lots of people, myself included, will speak of doing things for their birthday that don't happen on their actual date of birth.

Yes, it's very curious that there's no word from her family.

Also, only 5% of college students report using hallucinogenic drugs in the past year. Even doubling for lying, please stop trying to normalize this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM Could you please provide a link for that statistic? TIA :seeya:

Yes, it's very curious that there's no word from her family.

Also, only 5% of college students report using hallucinogenic drugs in the past year. Even doubling for lying, please stop trying to normalize this.

I completely agree. I don't know where they get the idea that more than half of college students are abusing hallucinogens, or even non-hallucinogens for that matter.

I'm still stuck on the on the number of being 4 and the account of the witness to being 4 people. Assuming he did actually see JO and RN. It's interesting that he spotted them with another "couple", which I would conclude would be another man and woman. Maybe these four people met at the park on a pre-planned hike together and then left in the other couple's car with a plan to return. Then something occurred. Perhaps they all took a trip deeper into the park. It would have been better to outside the park though as you are charged to enter per vehicle and not by the person.

The witness claimed that both couples were at the house for 6 days. Eyewitness accounts are extremely unreliable though. JO and Javier were probably not at the BnB for more than one night. Then there is the BS story of checking out restaurants. There seems to be a lot of funny business around all of this.

BBM Could you please provide a link for that statistic? TIA :seeya:

Sure.

http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/22...of-marijuana-on-the-rise-some-drugs-declining

Hallucinogen use among college students has remained at about 5 percent since 2007, following an earlier period of decline.

Also: http://www.monitoringthefuture.org//pubs/monographs/mtf-vol2_2016.pdf#page146. It's the more recent survey. Even lifetime is less than 15% for people around their age.

At first the Marshals being called in raised my hackles a bit too. But this morning I remembered that Joshua Tree is a National Park, so it makes more sense to me why they might be involved in the investigation. When a crime occurs on National Park land, if it goes to prosecution it's to federal court.

You make good sense except for the bold. What crime would the Marshals be investigating? It's not a crime to get lost in a park. :thinking:

You make good sense except for the bold. What crime would the Marshals be investigating? It's not a crime to get lost in a park. :thinking:

Maybe the drugs were determined as "intent to distribute".

They also sent 4 agents to investigate, there's that pesky number again lol.

Maybe the drugs were determined as "intent to distribute".

They also sent 4 agents to investigate, there's that pesky number again lol.

Maybe. But the drugs were not found in the park. So I'm still not sure how we can conclude federal agents were called due to a "crime" in a federal park. If there is a crime here, LE is keeping it close to their vests. The more I try to make it all make sense the less it does. :dunno:

Have we even heard from any of her friends? I can't remember. Someone claiming to be a former coworker of hers posted here but then never got verified and never came back to tell us more.

IIRC wasn't RN's FB full of photos of her with the same 5 or so girlfriends always together, even vacationing. She seemed very social. I, too, am surprised by the crickets.

And if there is a crime, would it really be the Marshals? Shouldn't it be more FBI, DEA, or Park Police?

I just noticed the location of the rental they stayed at and I am shocked at how close the location is to north view. I agree that the timeline of them entering the park involves at least one stop.

The drugs were nothing, just personal amounts for their personal use. These substances are very common out here (JT) and Orange County. Many people out here have mescaline cacti growing in their yard. Most people I know occasionally do psychedelics.

I just noticed the location of the rental they stayed at and I am shocked at how close the location is to north view. I agree that the timeline of them entering the park involves at least one stop.

The drugs were nothing, just personal amounts for their personal use. These substances are very common out here (JT) and Orange County. Many people out here have mescaline cacti growing in their yard. Most people I know occasionally do psychedelics.

North view? You mean the trail?

Hard to say, but at this point I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a mistake to focus solely on a scenario where they simply got lost. I'm usually all for Occam's Razor but if the facts as they've been reported are accurate, then I can't rule out that some sort of foul play was involved in their disappearance.

Hard to say, but at this point I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a mistake to focus solely on a scenario where they simply got lost. I'm usually all for Occam's Razor but if the facts as they've been reported are accurate, then I can't rule out that some sort of foul play was involved in their disappearance.

It certainly makes you wonder, huh? These new facts throw a different complexion on it. I had never really considered anything outside of the park, always inside but now, with the Marshalls involvement, the drugs at the BnB, this possible sighting, along with Joseph's prior visit with Javier, the little hints from Joseph's dad......it's beginning to look like anything but a simple hike for these two and getting lost.

And I think it's totally weird that Rachel's family has been so silent. They are not pleading for her return, not going to JTNP to look for her, nothing. Just weird IMO.

It certainly makes you wonder, huh? These new facts throw a different complexion on it. I had never really considered anything outside of the park, always inside but now, with the Marshalls involvement, the drugs at the BnB, this possible sighting, along with Joseph's prior visit with Javier, the little hints from Joseph's dad......it's beginning to look like anything but a simple hike for these two and getting lost.

I've been saying for weeks that we shouldn't discount the possibility that they are not in the park.

Maybe authorities suspect that Rachel was abducted and is being trafficked. I suppose it's a real possibility.

At least she is of an age, and is attractive enough, that makes it credible.

There's a tendancy on WS for some to see sex trafficking in almost every disappearance of a female, including those of overweight 40 year olds, while in reality the ideal target, from the trafficker's point of view, is a teenager, especially a young/under age one:

1. She would have a much longer economic lifespan as an "asset"; and
2. Less sexually experienced, less confident as a person, so "cleaner" and more easily "broken".

Does Rachel use Instagram? I found an account on there that looks like could be her and it's been active posting pics from hotel in California. The profile is @thatschic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Does Rachel use Instagram? I found an account on there that looks like could be her and it's been active posting pics from hotel in California. The profile is @thatschic

Doesn't look like the same Rachel to me.

That person has been brought up in the thread before and I'm pretty sure we determined it's not her (same RN has a blog where it is obviously not the MP).

Here are some accounts that are the correct Rachel's:
https://mobile.twitter.com/rach0de
http://www.thepicta.com/user/rachel_roars/34594228

And I think it's totally weird that Rachel's family has been so silent. They are not pleading for her return, not going to JTNP to look for her, nothing. Just weird IMO.

It does make you wonder if they know what happened and where she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee