Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here....

So I was in Joshua Tree over July 4th weekend by myself (A little zen/get over a heartbreak) jaunt to an Air BB I had previously stayed at in February

I was absolutely stunned at how desolate and alone it was in the area. I was there 3 days and saw no one. I also got the eeebie jeebies at night there due to the isolation and an odd encounter I had coming into the town that Friday night....

I say this to ILLUSTRATE how truly alone this couple was on that trail.

Lastly, as a Manager who has plenty of 20 somethings in her portfolio, I can say that doing hallucinogenic drugs at Joshua Tree IS very much a thing. So I wouldn’t read into it too much that they Might have these.

Loveylovesthurston

:welcome6:​

:greetings:

Thank you for posting!

:daisy:

Thank you, AffirmationChick.

I was able to find JO's Facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/KeyblademasterJo

RN is one of his FB friends. He also has another friend, Javy..., who appears to be in the Navy and makes a couple references to Japan in the few posts I was able to access.
Is possibly stationed in Japan. This might be Javier who was with JO in the Joshua Tree area two weeks prior to JO and RN's trip.

Great find yukoncornelius! This is the first time I've seen his fb page posted in the thread. His fb name might help us find other social media profiles for JO as well.

RN is one of his FB friends. He also has another friend, Javy..., who appears to be in the Navy and makes a couple references to Japan in the few posts I was able to access.
Is possibly stationed in Japan. This might be Javier who was with JO in the Joshua Tree area two weeks prior to JO and RN's trip.

I believe drugs being involved here much more after seeing this. Thank you for digging it up!

Hi Vail,

I was wondering if you could explain why you feel drugs could be involved moreso now that you've seen his Facebook page? I reviewed both of their Facebook pages and I'm wondering if I've missing something.
Thank you in advance.

I believe drugs being involved here much more after seeing this. Thank you for digging it up!

JO definitely was into mushrooms. His Likes on Facebook indicate this (likes "Magic Mushrooms" for instance.) His liked movies include DMT: The Spirit Molecule which "investigates dimethyltryptamine (DMT), an endogenous psychoactive compound, which exists in humans and numerous species of plants and animals."

On his Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/keyblade-master/comments), he comments "ayeee, i prefer jiu jitsu ��, added to my mountain playlist ����" and "������❄I am expecting the mountains to split in half when I bump this on my hiking trip." These comments were made 8 and 10 months ago, respectively. (Edit: the little mushroom icons do not copy/paste; that's what some of those ? mark icons were on Soundcloud).

Not clear if RN was also into mushrooms. She had a twitter post in early July that references pot and was following a lot of "stoner" topics. https://twitter.com/rach0de/media?lang=en.

She did attend an electronic dance music concert in May of last year (LED) and back on New Year's Eve 2015. Hallucinogens are often associated with this genre of music.

If they went hiking while tripping that could have greatly impaired their judgement and ability to find the trail if they had wandered off it. Maybe it's as simple as that.

However, I still am surprised these two went on this excursion together, especially for her birthday. They weren't dating yet they are going to spend a couple nights together? Maybe I'm just a prude-hah!

To me, JO seemed like a loner from his social media. I didn't see any photos of him with friends. The only photos of him with others that I found were from vape industry trade shows he was attending.

JO's Facebook likes are mostly related to anime, cosplay, Asian girls and Kingdom Hearts, almost to an excessive degree IMO. We also know that he purchased a .44 last year per his Soundcloud comments: "fuego, how fitting i just bought a 44 Blackhawk 1981����" and "funny i just got a .44 the other day, fire bro these lyrics all remind me of exactly how i feel".

I would think RN would be quite the catch for JO. She was attractive (he liked Asians per his FB) and they may have had shared interests. If they had dated in the past, but were now just friends, what if he now wanted to be more than friends and she was not into it?

And what role, if any, does Javier play in this with the trip JO and Javier made to the Joshua Tree area two weeks prior to JO and RN's disappearance?

Hi Vail,

I was wondering if you could explain why you feel drugs could be involved moreso now that you've seen his Facebook page? I reviewed both of their Facebook pages and I'm wondering if I've missing something.
Thank you in advance.

yukoncornelius sums it up nicely but in addition to those indicators, he is also smoking blunts openly in several photos.

yukoncornelius sums it up nicely but in addition to those indicators, he is also smoking blunts openly in several photos.

That is vaping, not pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JO definitely was into mushrooms. His Likes on Facebook indicate this (likes "Magic Mushrooms" for instance.) His liked movies include DMT: The Spirit Molecule which "investigates dimethyltryptamine (DMT), an endogenous psychoactive compound, which exists in humans and numerous species of plants and animals."

Respectfully, I can't believe this is related to the disappearance. While hallucinogens were found in their belongings, they were just that, found in their belongings. They may have not moved beyond that.

On his Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/keyblade-master/comments), he comments "ayeee, i prefer jiu jitsu ��, added to my mountain playlist ����" and "������❄I am expecting the mountains to split in half when I bump this on my hiking trip." These comments were made 8 and 10 months ago, respectively. (Edit: the little mushroom icons do not copy/paste; that's what some of those ? mark icons were on Soundcloud).

The mushroom thing (I saw 1)I can't take that seriously either as most of the lingo young people use today in social media (that permeates through the comments) for the layman is really difficult to comprehend and can really mean different things in how its interpreted. Also the "when I bump this" I'm sure refers to the song he commented on, not the drug.

JO's Facebook likes are mostly related to anime, cosplay, Asian girls and Kingdom Hearts, almost to an excessive degree IMO. We also know that he purchased a .44 last year per his Soundcloud comments: "fuego, how fitting i just bought a 44 Blackhawk 1981����" and "funny i just got a .44 the other day, fire bro these lyrics all remind me of exactly how i feel".

And this means what? Because he purchased a gun means nothing. He was in security and maybe a gun enthusiast. JO to me does not come off as the violent type.

Respectfully, I can't believe this is related to the disappearance. While hallucinogens were found in their belongings, they were just that, found in their belongings. They may have not moved beyond that.

The mushroom thing (I saw 1)I can't take that seriously either as most of the lingo young people use today in social media (that permeates through the comments) for the layman is really difficult to comprehend and can really mean different things in how its interpreted. Also the "when I bump this" I'm sure refers to the song he commented on, not the drug.

And this means what? Because he purchased a gun means nothing. He was in security and maybe a gun enthusiast. JO to me does not come off as the violent type.

And there originally may have been more hallucinogens than what was found.

There were two mushroom emoji's and one comment where JO uses the term mushrooms: "@yung-garbage: yes ahha like with mushrooms?, your music is awesome xD"

The attached shows one of his comments with the 'shroom emoji. SoundCloudCommentJO.jpg

Yes, "bump this" refers to listening to the song, but with the 'shroom emoji followed by "I am expecting the mountains to split in half when I bump this on my hiking trip.", he may be referencing the hallucinogenic experience he is expecting when combining 'shrooms and that particular song.

IMO it is likely JO and RN were under the influence of hallucinogens when hiking on Thursday morning, July 27th, and this impaired their ability to navigate the trails.

While I do feel (from little we have from JO's social media) that he exhibited unusual behavior as shown in photos and a video where he is masked and wielding a sword, even that may be linked to the Kingdom Hearts game he was into. At this time I do not wish to delve deeper into additional speculation regarding JO and RN. Hopefully their bodies will be recovered soon and the families can have closure.

I constantly think of Rachel and Joseph. I just want them to be found. Please let today be the day.

Very true,purchasing a weapon does not indicate violence in and of itself. But.... the totality seems worrying:

- bills himself as macho "survivalist".
-buys a hard core / over kill type weapon
- may well have a recreational interest in drugs
- has a strong interest in cartoon women, perhaps not a lot of experience with real women.

Could yield a scenario of "Of course I am not violent- so long as my chosen real woman never tells me "no"

Javy being in the Navy makes the trip out to 29 Palms a lot less suspicious. Perhaps Javy wanted to scout the local scenery near the base. I know they do Navy training exercises on the Marine Base sometimes.

I just can't get past why Rachel's family hasn't come forward at all, or help search for her. They must know something as to why they aren't actively looking for her. Was she estranged from them?

Possibly. It seems like there are not many places to stop in Joshua Tree. If they had breakfast or got gas there should be evidence of that. Video. Witnesses. Maybe debit card transactions. We have never heard about any of those things. I suppose it's possible LE has that info and didn't release it, just like they never told about a witness claiming to see them outside the park. I find it strange that the video of her car arriving at the park is not being released. And I'm stumped at why the US Marshals Service would get involved. US Marshals track fugitives. They also operate the witness protection program.:thinking:

It could possibly take 45 minutes from the Abnb to the park entrance...There was construction going on Hwy 62 at the time and there's usually a line to get into the park.

It could possibly take 45 minutes from the Abnb to the park entrance...There was construction going on Hwy 62 at the time and there's usually a line to get into the park.

IIRC her car was caught on camera entering around 7 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't get past why Rachel's family hasn't come forward at all, or help search for her. They must know something as to why they aren't actively looking for her. Was she estranged from them?
That very question has been on my mind for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member