CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rebecca wrote the note why didn't she write it in the first person? IMO Either she staged it to look like a murder or it was one.

I think it fits and AS did just as he said.

JMO

He last saw her at 8 pm. She was in the main house. He retired to the guest house. You think that fits with the scenario?

Then why list the contents of the two guest rooms of the guest house. They certainly didn't do that in the mansions bedrooms. I would say LE found the contents of those rooms to be of interest.

Of course they did because they were trying to rule out AS as a suspect. And I believe they did rule him out. A person who finds the body is always a suspect in an investigation.

JMO

He last saw her at 8 pm. She was in the main house. He retired to the guest house. You think that fits with the scenario?

We know RN was in the main house. That's where the hanging took place.

JMO

Of course they did because they were trying to rule out AS as a suspect. And I believe they did rule him out. A person who finds the body is always a suspect in an investigation.

JMO

So a guest house, with one out of two beds slept in, and a clothing from a female found on the floor where the one slept in bed was, rules out AS?

We know RN was in the main house. That's where the hanging took place.

JMO

We know RN was found hanging from a balcony at the main house. We don't know where she was or what she was doing before that, just what AS says.

If Rebecca wrote the note why didn't she write it in the first person? IMO Either she staged it to look like a murder or it was one.

I've never written a suicide note so I can't answer your question. LE commented it wasn't an actual suicide not but was a message of some kind. I believe it was a message to God.

If her death was really a murder, wouldn't it be staged as a suicide rather than vaguely resembling a murder? Not a lot of effort required to take the shirt from her mouth and unbind her limbs. Leaving a message note that is more riddle than anything else seems to be a waste of time in a homicide. Makes sense if suicide. I go with suicide.

JMO

My theory is that she was addressing Dina and Jonah with the first part in reference to Maxie. She performed CPR immediately after the fall and Maxie did not die at the scene. She therefore saved him. We don't know if he finally died due to complications or a decision to take him off life-support. She was proclaiming her innocence - and she was asking Maxie to save her soul. She was there when the accident happened - that's where the truth lies - the truth will save her. If she feared anything at that point it was going to hell.

My theory is that she was addressing Dina and Jonah with the first part in reference to Maxie. She performed CPR immediately after the fall and Maxie did not die at the scene. She therefore saved him. We don't know if he finally died due to complications or a decision to take him off life-support. She was proclaiming her innocence - and she was asking Maxie to save her soul. She was there when the accident happened - that's where the truth lies - the truth will save her. If she feared anything at that point it was going to hell.

How do you know she performed CPR "immediately" on Maxie? I don't believe the autopsy report supports that at all. I think he wasn't breathing for some time before 911 was called.

JMO

We know RN was found hanging from a balcony at the main house. We don't know where she was or what she was doing before that, just what AS says.

Either he's telling the truth or not and I believe LE believes he has told the truth.

JMO

So a guest house, with one out of two beds slept in, and a clothing from a female found on the floor where the one slept in bed was, rules out AS?

I think cops ruled out AS. They wouldn't do that if they were not satisfied with his explanations. Is there any evidence he lied to them? If so, I'd like to see it.

JMO

To add to a point I made earlier. I think you'll only detect drugs you specifically test for. I don't think there is an all inclusive drug test. So it's possible that cocaine, marijuana, heroin, crack and other illegal substances were tested for that would lead to her state of mind and maybe not all of the murderous type drugs.

Also, AS telling the police he removed part of the shirt from her mouth doesn't point to his innocence as some have said, IMO. Why would he tell the police he removed part of the shirt from her mouth if he was innocent? Because they may find shirt fibers in mouth during the autopsy and wonder why he hadn't mentioned it. JMO

I've been reading this thread all night and there are so many questions and such crazy anwers from the LE/ME.I believe this woman was murdered.I also believe before the final act of throwing or making her jump off that balconey she had suffered for many hours that night.I hope there is someway this case can be re-opened. Sorry for butting in to the middle of a discussion.JMO

Just a thought...Would you take the time to neatly remove your makeup with makeup wipes if you are about to commit suicide? If not then if it were a suicide it seems it wasn't planned far in advance.

I'd think the taking off of the make-up would have preceded the shower she apparently took back inside the mansion. Why shower, put on make-up then go out to the guest house. Then remove the make-up, then back to the house for her appointment with eternity. And the shower area was still wet at the point of first examination. Rigor Mortis sets in in 4 hours, body had rigor by, what, 6:30 or 7:00 AM? Does shower water on a bathroom floor not dry within 4 hours? In any case, more likely the shower was on closer to that 2 to 3 o'clock hour, if not later.

Another point: would make-up be more liable to retain fingerprints?

Either he's telling the truth or not and I believe LE believes he has told the truth.

JMO

I think the whole point of the doubters of the suicide theory is that LE did a sloppy job. So saying LE believes he's innocent means nothing to me. It could just be another piece of sloppy police work.

It's also possible that a high ranking PD person was pressured to accept it as a suicide and not to delve to deeply into it. I don't know if that's the case but I'd like to know if JS had any role in getting the Sheriff elected. JMO

How do you know she performed CPR "immediately" on Maxie? I don't believe the autopsy report supports that at all. I think he wasn't breathing for some time before 911 was called.

JMO

I must have missed that earlier. How do you know that the 911 call was delayed and left him not breathing for some time?

I also agree on this point. I think that the actions taken by Jonah leading up to Rebecca's suicide - will paint a very negative picture of him. I think he's embarrassed by the way she bound herself and doesn't want it to be more public than it is. He's obviously a man that strives for image and control - and these events were way beyond his super powers or his PR agency. He was afraid that Dina was going to make this a public affair by going after Rebecca. He thought that he could untie his chords to Rebecca and control her. It was too much for her. LE is protecting his privacy and this is creating confusion for everyone. He thanked LE for this by including his statement on LE's website. It seems to me that he should come clean in private with Rebecca's family and tell them exactly what happened from the very beginning. They want answers and they deserve answers. If it was a suicide as I believe it was be honest about how you treated her with her family.

RN's family are using the media to hurl unfounded accusations at him and police. He would be foolish to even speak to those hurling the accusations.
Whatever he said, they'd still accuse him of dishonesty. I think he should continue to ignore them and sue them if they cross the line into defamation.

JMO

I'd think the taking off of the make-up would have preceded the shower she apparently took back inside the mansion. Why shower, put on make-up then go out to the guest house. Then remove the make-up, then back to the house for her appointment with eternity. And the shower area was still wet at the point of first examination. Rigor Mortis sets in in 4 hours, body had rigor by, what, 6:30 or 7:00 AM? Does shower water on a bathroom floor not dry within 4 hours? In any case, more likely the shower was on closer to that 2 to 3 o'clock hour, if not later.

Another point: would make-up be more liable to retain fingerprints?

One question I have is, did she shower or was she showered by someone?

The makeup pads might have fingerprints but I think DNA would be the best thing to test for.

This is quite the interesting read... http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/reprint/36/2/240.pdf

"Naked suicide can be associated with any method of suicide; however, anecdotal evidence indicates that it occurs more frequently with hanging, overdose, or drowning, but to a lesser extent in jumping deaths. With the exception of jumping, most naked suicides occur indoors."

"Anger and vengeance can be expressed by completing suicide while naked, especially when it is intended to traumatize a survivor. The shock of discovering a naked suicide inflicts an indelible, traumatic memory that can haunt a survivor for a lifetime."

"The person who completes suicide while naked may intend to add insult to a suicide survivor’s already devastating injury."

"Clothes may be partially or completely removed to facilitate the method of suicide. For example, the individual may remove or reposition clothing to expose the wound site. A shirt may be removed to make hanging easier or to be used as a noose."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissBets