CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a possible minor POI I'm thinking that's got everything pretty much locked down... It's been all quiet for a good while now.
Left Cali years ago not sure on the laws at present though. JMO
Juvenile Justice Sys / CPS ( is it still called CPS?) Makes release of information a different matter most states.
Glad Roman got home to Momma :(

It's a possible minor POI I'm thinking that's got everything pretty much locked down... It's been all quiet for a good while now.
Left Cali years ago not sure on the laws at present though. JMO
Juvenile Justice Sys / CPS ( is it still called CPS?) Makes release of information a different matter most states.
Glad Roman got home to Momma :(

I agree. I stated a couple of weeks ago that a lot of the stuff the parents were saying sounded like they were setting up Roman as being complicit in his own death by calling him 'sly' and enjoying hiding in small spaces. Couple that with twin step brothers who sound like they have severe behavioral problems. Poor kid.

Still hoping for justice for Roman. I understand the difficulties of this case, but this has to lead to a conviction in order to prevent further cases like this. Maybe just wishful thinking :(
Someone is responsible for this sweet kids death, justice would be the outcome that seems a complicated mess from day one. Was this possibly what some thought a smokescreen for investigators ? MOO if not appropriate Please delete

Excerpt from the last article I’ve seen (February 24th)

“It is thought the boy died at the house next-door to the red-brick church on the corner, the small house at 2892 Coloma St. where Roman and seven other children apparently were living when the 11-year-old was reported missing Jan. 11.

Except for a Sacramento TV station reporting this week that the FBI has become involved in the case — in an apparently limited capacity — there is no new information forthcoming from the Placerville Police Department.

Commander Kim Nida did confirm to the Mountain Democrat that local police sought FBI assistance, but only insofar as helping to question individuals “in other states.”

“The FBI was not involved at the onset” of the investigation into Roman’s death, wrote the commander in an email. “We requested their assistance with interviews.”
Still no word on boy's cause of death

ETA link and correct date

Thank you to all that are staying with this case. We must not allow deaths like this to become common or acceptable.
I agree. We just don’t have much information at all to work with here. We don’t know what LE has, whether they are close to closing this out and getting justice for a Roman or not. It’s frustrating.

I’m afraid this case has gone cold. It still astounds me it only garnered 21 pages here on WS.
Someone is accountable for this boy’s death.

JMO

I don't think it's gone cold. I think the new norm these days is that a lot goes on in the background and LE doesn't share.

I expect an arrest.

If NO FOUL PLAY was suspected, I am quite sure LE would have said that. If there was a concern to the community, LE would have said that.

Just like Gannon, I think they have their sights on someone.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member