GUILTY CA - Shaun, 6, & Delylah Tara, 3, dead, 9 yr old tortured, Redding, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh yeah, it could definitely be a case of the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree with her. Or even just plain ol' sticking their head in the sand hoping it will go away. Whether they were scared because of gangs (the 'bad people' he was allegedly involved with) or become the next victim (of abuse). Not that any of that excuses them. Also, I probably should have said "at least some of their family tried". I just can't with all the details in this case... those poor kids... first they lose their mom and then they get abused... ugh. Are there any updates on Frankie's condition?
BBM

Good post. I haven't seen anything about Frankie's condition except that she is still in the hospital. MSM isn't even saying which hospital anymore, just northern CA or Sacramento area. First reports named UC Davis Medical School hospital in Sacto, so I would imagine she's still there, as it's the best in the Sacramento Valley. Of course, they may have moved her to another great undisclosed hospital for security purposes. I would imagine there are some "family friends" who might think that if she dies TH and GC are off the hook. Her security should be the top priority for numerous reasons, and I'm sure it is. JMO

I saw this in an article today: "Earlier this year, police served a search warrant at the home and took a male teenager into custody who was connected to a robbery investigation. McMillin said the teen previously lived at the residence and was related to Huntsman." And "Flippo said Huntsman's children, a set of 12-year-old twins, are suspected to also have suffered from abuse and neglect. That would mean that in Huntsman's tiny apartment at 501 Fremont St. lived two adults and five children, all of whom suffered from abuse." http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_29273926/monterey-county-pair-be-charged-murder-childrens-deaths

I don't know if the original fourth child mentioned was the teenage child who was removed, or one of the twins, but it seems likely all of them suffered. Poor things.

So according to the photos, they are excavating in the Salinas yard. The article says they are looking into the possibility that a fourth child has been abused. Is that child missing?

Hi all. What a sad, yet all too familiar story, of innocent children being abused, tortured and killed by their parents, step-parents, or significant others of the parents. It truly sickens me to the core, and in some ways infuriates me to the point of madness. I will never understand how everybody associated with the family, whether it be family, friends or Social Services, doesn't see what is going on in these homes.

And while I certainly believe there is no easy answer to this outrageous and horrifying problem of children suffering at the hands of those charged with loving and caring for them, I do think that the least we can do is REFORM Child Protective Services throughout the country.

It happens every single freaking time--we hear in the news of yet another child that has been brutalized, physically tortured and/or murdered, and CPS had been notified at some point before the "discovery" of a harmed child.

These people of CPS are the front line (and sometimes the only line) of defense for the smallest, most vulnerable and so very innocent people in this country, and they as an agency MUST DO A BETTER JOB PERIOD. I know this will sound harsh but I am getting to the point that I am in favor or charging these CPS "case workers" with crimes against children. But I would much prefer a TOTAL and COMPLETE reformation of the agency, and I don't care if it means more training, more money or more time--hell at this point I wouldn't give one shhit if they shut down the entire Department of CPS and started over again.

It is imperative that we as a nation demand that this agency be reformed with their goals being only to watch out for these children and ensure that they are loved, nurtured and safe.

No. No. No.
:banghead:

That's all I can say at this time, now that I've just come across this thread/crime.

Hi all. What a sad, yet all too familiar story, of innocent children being abused, tortured and killed by their parents, step-parents, or significant others of the parents. It truly sickens me to the core, and in some ways infuriates me to the point of madness. I will never understand how everybody associated with the family, whether it be family, friends or Social Services, doesn't see what is going on in these homes.

And while I certainly believe there is no easy answer to this outrageous and horrifying problem of children suffering at the hands of those charged with loving and caring for them, I do think that the least we can do is REFORM Child Protective Services throughout the country.

It happens every single freaking time--we hear in the news of yet another child that has been brutalized, physically tortured and/or murdered, and CPS had been notified at some point before the "discovery" of a harmed child.

These people of CPS are the front line (and sometimes the only line) of defense for the smallest, most vulnerable and so very innocent people in this country, and they as an agency MUST DO A BETTER JOB PERIOD. I know this will sound harsh but I am getting to the point that I am in favor or charging these CPS "case workers" with crimes against children. But I would much prefer a TOTAL and COMPLETE reformation of the agency, and I don't care if it means more training, more money or more time--hell at this point I wouldn't give one shhit if they shut down the entire Department of CPS and started over again.

It is imperative that we as a nation demand that this agency be reformed with their goals being only to watch out for these children and ensure that they are loved, nurtured and safe.

I agree with your entire post. I see a lot of problems with the "system." I think MOST people go into social work with 100% good intentions, but the system fails them too. It's easy for us to sit and criticize (and we SHOULD - kids' lives are depending on our failed system to keep them safe).

We hear over and over again, the case workers have too many cases to manage (not their fault) and the goal of every (? - not sure if this is true, but I hear it repeatedly) case is family reunification. Add the fact that they can't take kids out of every home they investigate unless it rises to a high level of neglect/abuse because of the lack of adequate foster care.

Sure, they need more training, resources. WHERE will the $ come from? It's frustrating because there is SO MUCH government waste out there (that could be directed to DFCS) but how does it change? Don't know.

I agree with your entire post. I see a lot of problems with the "system." I think MOST people go into social work with 100% good intentions, but the system fails them too ITA. It's easy for us to sit and criticize (and we SHOULD - kids' lives are depending on our failed system to keep them safe).

We hear over and over again, the case workers have too many cases to manage (not their fault) and the goal of every (? - not sure if this is true, but I hear it repeatedly) case is family reunification--Yep, hence my comment that their goals should be focused ONLY on the child not just on social science . Add the fact that they can't take kids out of every home they investigate unless it rises to a high level of neglect/abuse because of the lack of adequate foster care.

Sure, they need more training, resources. WHERE will the $ come from? It's frustrating because there is SO MUCH government waste out there (that could be directed to DFCS) but how does it change? Don't know.

Hi BrownRice, I agree and understand what you're saying but we must do something even if it means calling everyone out--these children absolutely cannot be abandoned and left unprotected any longer.

BBM--I DO, for starters we could as a citizenry demand that the $150 BILLION the US government has promised to send to the American hating Iranian Government be allocated/given to CPS/DFS instead.

Personally, I'm not in favor of focusing on "system" failures right now. It gets pretty dicey on threads when that happens...as the inevitable gun control debate does on mass shooting threads. While I certainly agree that huge system improvements can and should be made, these discussions tend to distract us from who the real villains are and what our individual responsibility could be IMO.

In this case, there are two people who tortured these children, and there are possibly a few who had either direct knowledge or suspicions that it was happening. People who are torturing children are very good at hiding their evil deeds from family, friends, neighbors, LE and Children's Services, as they clearly did in this case.

On an individual basis, maybe we can each consider ourselves "mandatory reporters" and help protect children in our sphere of influence by not turning a blind eye to unusual situations. I've never hesitated to call LE if something strikes me as odd. I'd rather look stupid than regret not calling. Now I've learned on this thread how important it is NOT to report anonymously.

If everyone looks out for kids, it would be a huge help to the authorities. For example, as private citizens, if we get acquainted with our neighbors we may know if their children are danger...take cookies over, be observant, be a safe place for children to run if necessary. I don't mean that we should spy on our neighbors, but just BE neighbors. This is something WE can do that LE and CPS cannot do, no matter how well-funded they are.

Wonderful post! While I believe that there are two people responsible for the actual torture and murder of these children, I also believe the ball was dropped by child protective services. I post regularly on the Gabriel Fernandez thread. Although his thread doesn't garner much attention here on W.S., he was a wonderful little boy who was tortured for a long time by his maternal unit (she doesn't deserve the name mother) and her boyfriend. He had been removed once and returned by CPS. MANY people contacted authorities. Family members, neighbors and mostly his teacher. He was only 8 years old yet even talked of suicide. No one from LE to CPS listened and he was brutalized and eventually killed.

I know CPS workers are understaffed and overworked, but something HAS to be done. As a society we have to demand more for these kids! Parents are not the only ones who have rights! These children deserve loving, forever homes.

Personally, I'm not in favor of focusing on "system" failures right now. It gets pretty dicey on threads when that happens...as the inevitable gun control debate does on mass shooting threads. While I certainly agree that huge system improvements can and should be made, these discussions tend to distract us from who the real villains are and what our individual responsibility could be IMO.

In this case, there are two people who tortured these children, and there are possibly a few who had either direct knowledge or suspicions that it was happening. People who are torturing children are very good at hiding their evil deeds from family, friends, neighbors, LE and Children's Services, as they clearly did in this case.

On an individual basis, maybe we can each consider ourselves "mandatory reporters" and help protect children in our sphere of influence by not turning a blind eye to unusual situations. I've never hesitated to call LE if something strikes me as odd. I'd rather look stupid than regret not calling. Now I've learned on this thread how important it is NOT to report anonymously.

If everyone looks out for kids, it would be a huge help to the authorities. For example, as private citizens, if we get acquainted with our neighbors we may know if their children are danger...take cookies over, be observant, be a safe place for children to run if necessary. I don't mean that we should spy on our neighbors, but just BE neighbors. This is something WE can do that LE and CPS cannot do, no matter how well-funded they are.

You are probably right about this not being the place to discuse it. Perhaps we should start a thread relating to children who die on CPS watch.

To those who post and follow here--Please accept my apology for getting OT. I, in no way, want to detract from the purpose of this thread, i.e., offer/provide support to and see justice is served for the brutal torture, abuse and/or killing of these 3 children.

To those who post and follow here--Please accept my apology for getting OT. I, in no way, want to detract from the purpose of this thread, i.e., offer/provide support to and see justice is served for the brutal torture, abuse and/or killing of these 3 children.

No worries! :) We love people who care passionately about children! The system is clearly broken. There's a good discussion about it starting up again on the link Ticya posted.

Tami Huntsman's estranged husband speaks out

"Gonzo Curiel came into my family's life late last year as an acquaintance of my 15-year-old son and neighbor's son. I was on a work trip in Austin and he was there when I came home. I refused for her to let him stay, as we already had three of Tami's first cousin's, our four children ages 21, 15, 12 (twins). I raised all from birth," Criswell said.

More at link...

http://m.ksbw.com/news/tami-huntsmans-estranged-husband-speaks-out/37050714

I found this as a related post on the ksbw.com story. It's from back on the 17th, so my apologies if it's already been shared. I looked and didn't see it: There is a full interview with the Monterey Co. Director of Social Services about the case:

PHOTOS: Salinas woman arrested after 2 kids found dead in locker
http://www.ksbw.com/news/full-inter...hild-abuse-case/37020806#.Vna1wdc_iQk.twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is okay with you then.
Glad it will be allowed to stay open.

I found this as a related post on the ksbw.com story. It's from back on the 17th, so my apologies if it's already been shared. I looked and didn't see it: There is a full interview with the Monterey Co. Director of Social Services about the case:

PHOTOS: Salinas woman arrested after 2 kids found dead in locker
http://www.ksbw.com/news/full-inter...hild-abuse-case/37020806#.Vna1wdc_iQk.twitter

My apologies, here is the actual direct link to the embedded video:

[video=youtu;BCqSCcvqOWU]http://youtu.be/BCqSCcvqOWU[/video]

#JusticeForTheTaraChildren

Tami Huntsman's estranged husband speaks out

"Gonzo Curiel came into my family's life late last year as an acquaintance of my 15-year-old son and neighbor's son. I was on a work trip in Austin and he was there when I came home. I refused for her to let him stay, as we already had three of Tami's first cousin's, our four children ages 21, 15, 12 (twins). I raised all from birth," Criswell said.

More at link...

http://m.ksbw.com/news/tami-huntsmans-estranged-husband-speaks-out/37050714

I have to say, I hope Criswell has to jump through a lot of hoops to retrieve his twins, if ever. Is that asking too much?
JMO

Seems like TH would have gotten some money from the state for the Tara children. How would that work?

Above where the ex-husband speaks, article says as many as 10 people were living in the one bedroom apartment.

Looked up weight averages, average for a 9-year-old girl is around 60 pounds, average for a 5-year-old girl is 40 pounds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back