GUILTY CA - Shaun, 6, & Delylah Tara, 3, dead, 9 yr old tortured, Redding, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Monterey County: Getting over shock, neighbors asking who's responsible for children's deaths

Neighbors still tear up when they think about the little kids, happy and carefree, Shaun describing wild adventures on Mars or one of his favorite cartoons, Sponge Bob. Delylah was still too little to be out playing, so she would just come out for small amounts of time.

"They were so beautiful," said a neighbor who only identified herself as Jennifer. "The kids would play out all the time, with the skateboard and the bikes. They had the door open all the time."
All that stopped after Huntsman asked for a restraining order against her husband, neighbors said. That was Jan. 7, also about the time she took up with Curiel, neighbors said. Her ex-husband stopped coming, and the children were rarely seen again.

"I thought they had moved away," said Maria Bautista. "We had no idea. This is so sad. I cried when I found out."

More at link...

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...unty-getting-over-shock-neighbors-asking-whos

Murder charges filed in Salinas-based child abuse case
http://www.montereycountyweekly.com...cle_773e181c-a81d-11e5-8f3c-a736928c58d7.html

According to Monterey County court records, the abuse of the three children began on Dec. 13, 2014 and was ongoing until the children died from the “ongoing physical abuse.” The murders are said to have occurred on Nov. 27, according to court records.

Criminal Complaint
http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/criminal-complaint/pdf_845bec4c-a839-11e5-b4b6-4b595cf32adf.html

Frankie turns 10 next Tuesday.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article50969395.html

The criminal complaint spells out what prosecutors believe the couple did to the surviving girl, saying they refused to provide proper clothing, shelter, food or medical care and that they repeatedly restrained her, hit her, broke numerous bones and kicked her.

Didn't provide shelter? What exactly does this mean? Was she kept outside the house? Wouldn't neighbors have seen this much earlier?

Didn't provide shelter? What exactly does this mean? Was she kept outside the house? Wouldn't neighbors have seen this much earlier?

The 9 yo was found in the SUV, probably living in it.

Huntsman and Curiel were arrested there a week after renting the storage locker when Plumas County sheriff’s officials got a tip about possible child abuse at the apartment. A deputy who responded saw the 9-year-old in a Toyota SUV parked outside and saw “obvious child abuse,” Flippo said, and the investigation began.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article50334940.html#storylink=cpy

I suspect that they never told the person they were staying with about the 9 year old. They may have just left her there in the SUV. Would have to go and check the photo of it again but I think the windows were tinted which would make her hard to see by the casual passerby. Especially with her injuries being so severe and her being down on the floorboard. Even if her severe physical injuries did not prevent her from it she may have not attempted to get anyone's notice, fearing further abuse.

:cow: She may even have been close to death when found which would explain why seasoned officers who see disturbing things often were so upset by this case.

From an article from last week. Also includes more on her restraining order with ex-husband.
http://www.montereycountyweekly.com...cle_aa516cec-a37f-11e5-b941-df17c001fc6b.html

One of Huntsman’s East Salinas neighbors, who declined to be named fearing retaliation from the suspects’ friends, says that on several occasions she could hear Curiel striking Huntsman and a child in the house.

“We would hear the abuse most nights. It was bad,” says the neighbor. “I called police a few times, but they came only once.”

So GC moved in with TH when he was 16? Does he have parents or a family? I've read alot about TH's family speaking out, but nothing on GC. Where did he come from? How did he come to be there? How did have so much (it seems to me) power over a grown woman?

And also, noone found it odd so many people were living in a one bedroom apartment? Thats usually a big huge no-no with CPS. It's also usually a huge no-no with apartment management. You're usually allowed so many people per bedroom. Just a few of many questions that I haven't seen addressed yet.

The 9 yo was found in the SUV, probably living in it.

I know. But I did not think she had been living in the car for a long time, just been put in there after being beaten up on Thanksgiving, or neighbors would have seen something earlier, I would have thought.

So GC moved in with TH when he was 16? Does he have parents or a family? I've read alot about TH's family speaking out, but nothing on GC. Where did he come from? How did he come to be there? How did have so much (it seems to me) power over a grown woman?

And also, noone found it odd so many people were living in a one bedroom apartment? Thats usually a big huge no-no with CPS. It's also usually a huge no-no with apartment management. You're usually allowed so many people per bedroom. Just a few of many questions that I haven't seen addressed yet.

bbm - maybe he was providing drugs?

RSBM.
Good questions. I had assumed it was the older woman having power over him and he was most likely an enabler, but now I see the story is playing out much differently. Drugs my be the answer here, since TH raised all those other kids and, at least as far as we know for now, there wasn't a history of CPS involvement. Things do appear to have drastically gone down hill once GC came on the scene. I just found it hard to imagine a teenager, her son's friend and only one year older could control a 49yr old like that, but yeah, with drugs, anything is possible. jmo

omg. JUST MY OPINION>>> I have lived in CA since 1962, and I wasn't a baby then. Grew up in the Bay Area (Silicon Valley, north of Salinas), then moved to the Central Valley (east of Salinas.) Just had an adult son (active military) who recently lived in Salinas for a couple of years (with young kids.) This is only me, but, in my opinion, the drug culture has taken over. I also have seen a very omnipresent Gang culture take over. Both where I live now, and in Salinas. Salinas was my old stomping ground as a teen, and is now where my nieces and nephews have landed to raise their young families (although in better neighborhoods with their own new homes.) Drugs and gangs are at the bottom of this cesspool of evil. What 16/17 year old thinks he can control a mother with kids unless he thinks he is some sort of a big shot in his tiny-twisted world? In my gut, he is at the bottom of this. JMO!!

Salinas used to be beautiful, and full of life! Rocky Coastlines, marine life, cool morning fog, artichoke fields, ag land. Simple life, and a wonderful place to visit and breathe fresh air!

I am NOT knocking Salinas .......just some of the "culture" that has moved in there....I don't know what else to call it. I just personally cringe when there are people with face tattoo's as cashiers at the grocery stores.

ok - now everyone from Salinas can attack me.....:(

Or the Mods.

omg. JUST MY OPINION>>> I have lived in CA since 1962, and I wasn't a baby then. Grew up in the Bay Area (Silicon Valley, north of Salinas), then moved to the Central Valley (east of Salinas.) Just had an adult son (active military) who recently lived in Salinas for a couple of years (with young kids.) This is only me, but, in my opinion, the drug culture has taken over. I also have seen a very omnipresent Gang culture take over. Both where I live now, and in Salinas. Salinas was my old stomping ground as a teen, and is now where my nieces and nephews have landed to raise their young families (although in better neighborhoods with their own new homes.) Drugs and gangs are at the bottom of this cesspool of evil. What 16/17 year old thinks he can control a mother with kids unless he thinks he is some sort of a big shot in his tiny-twisted world? In my gut, he is at the bottom of this. JMO!!

Salinas used to be beautiful, and full of life! Rocky Coastlines, marine life, cool morning fog, artichoke fields, ag land. Simple life, and a wonderful place to visit and breathe fresh air!

I am NOT knocking Salinas .......just some of the "culture" that has moved in there....I don't know what else to call it. I just personally cringe when there are people with face tattoo's as cashiers at the grocery stores.

Or the Mods.

Amen to the bolded part. And, why would the mods or anyone else attack you? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, UN-pc or not.

:cow:

RSBM.
Good questions. I had assumed it was the older woman having power over him and he was most likely an enabler, but now I see the story is playing out much differently. Drugs my be the answer here, since TH raised all those other kids and, at least as far as we know for now, there wasn't a history of CPS involvement. Things do appear to have drastically gone down hill once GC came on the scene. I just found it hard to imagine a teenager, her son's friend and only one year older could control a 49yr old like that, but yeah, with drugs, anything is possible. jmo

Hearing that a neighbor heard GC beating TH and one of the children gives me pause too. I haven't looked for the link, but I do believe there was CPS involvement with her oldest children some years ago that was dropped. I will try to find it. However, the tipping point this time seems to be GC entering their lives while her husband was gone. I have to wonder if it was a combination of drugs (meth+sex) and gang ties that gave him power. Not that I think she is a poor innocent abused woman in this horror story, but the dynamics between them isn't what I expected either. Just a correction of your typo...she's 39, not 49. :)

ETA: This link mentions previous child abuse charges in Santa Cruz county. So this current case is not her first rodeo with drugs or child endangerment.

Court records show Huntsman also spent time in Santa Cruz County. In 1997 and 1998, she was accused of felony child endangerment and charged with other drug-related crimes. She was convicted only of the drug violations, court records show.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-redding-huntsman-children-abuse-20151216-story.html

well, east Salinas is ghetto, and Salinas as a whole is mostly migrant workers and is pricey. large families in small quarters isn't uncommon.

the area I live in is even more pricey (san jose) and CPS doesn't really get involved in cases where the only problem is too many ppl in a unit. I know a perfectly nice family of 5 who rent a one bedroom house. the three young sons share the room and the parents sleep in the living room on a fold out futon, and in the daytime they put their blankets away and put the futon back in couch position. this unit rents for 2200 a month.

GC's family is probably migrant.

no attacks, this is all true actually.

Salinas is also home to nuestra familia prison gang.

Or the Mods.

Did autopsy reports come out and I miss them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back