GUILTY Ca - Shauna Haynes, 21, Found In Suitcase, San Diego, 6 April 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if this article has been posted but it gives us a little more insight into what was happening.

Austin Palser, Shauna's childhood friend said the last six months she became a different person after meeting JP.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Friend-Speaks-of-Woman-Found-in-Suitcase--375168401.html

:(News reporter went to a home in La Mesa to try to talk to a lady in tears, probably a family member, but she expressed needing privacy. This is so sad. :( Praying for her Family and Friends.

Her childhood friend saw her two weeks ago and she seemed depressed. :( This makes me wonder if she wanted out of the relationship she was forming with JP. This would lend to motive if he didn't want her to break up with him. Just speculating.

I think it's tonight there's a Candle Light Vigil for Shauna at the Chadwick. :rose: RIP SHAUNA :rose:

'Depressed': Friend Speaks of Woman Found in Suitcase
Watch VIDEO here:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Friend-Speaks-of-Woman-Found-in-Suitcase--375168401.html

A group of people showed up for Shauna's Memorial at the Chadwick. It says in the video that Shauna was working at Spaghetti Factory and living with her parents in El Cajon. Don't know if family members were there, but some of her friends attended. (Must be incredibly hard for any family member to be at the site where she was found.)

:rose:

Memorial for murder victim
Video Report
http://www.cbs8.com/story/31688190/memorial-for-murder-victim-found-in-suitcase

"A memorial service was held Sunday night for a murder victim whose body was found in a suitcase Wednesday morning behind a hotel in downtown San Diego."

People really loved Shauna Haynes. The best video I've seen so far of the Memorial at the Chadwick is not up yet, but it was from Fox5 News at 10 p.m. Lots of tears, a young man who might have been a co-worker was sobbing uncontrollably on another man's shoulder. She was so loving and kind to everyone. Her friends and people who worked with her are truly shaken by her murder.

Vigil held for victim
http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/04/10/vigil-held-for-victim-of-suitcase-murder/

and

Friends Hold Memorial
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Woman-Was-Found-in-Suitcase----375213731.html

“I just saw her about three weeks ago and she seemed fine,” Miller told NBC 7. “The happy-go-lucky loving Shauna everyone knew. A piece of me left with her. I feel like I’ve died.”

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Woman-Was-Found-in-Suitcase----375213731.html

Shauna not only impacted friends from Grossmont High School, but also coworkers at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

“Every time I was sad she would come and hold me,” Jessica Huffman, Shauna’s coworker said through tears. “For something so tragic to happen to someone we love so much and who gave us that warm feeling of family, even if she wasn’t family.”

I drove by the site of the memorial vigil this morning, over by the Chadwick. There is still a good number of candles, signs, flowers, etc. Very sad.

BBM This makes me even more curious about her adrenaline shot/heroin comment on FB.

I believe the post was regarding someone she know who may have overdosed on heroin and was given the narcan injection...MO

yeah her Adrenalin - Heroin comment has the feel of a comment about someone who almost died in her real life that she knew and she was commenting against heroin and thankful that someone's life had been saved. Or curled up watching the movie Pulp Fiction and was commenting on the plot. I have been known to do that sometimes with my favorite TV series The Walking Dead.

O/T I was watching a few weeks ago when two major characters got to see an ultrasound of their baby and I posted the status update" #TWD And so our little family grows". I had several friends congratulating me and asking when we were due. So silly, I had to then explain that I am just a TWD series geek to the max and that my own personal baby factory has been closed for production for a while. :blush:

this scenario would be voluntary manslaughter though, not first degree murder. first degree murder includes malice aforethought.

This sounds about right. JP was already in trouble with the law so if she did die of an overdose he knew his goose was cooked either way. My BIL is a retired ER DR. He said he can't count the numerous times in his career people drop their OD'd friend, acquaintance, lover, family member near the ER curb, or entrance and speed off. Some had already been deceased before they can save them. Some friends huh?

I bet LE has some CCTV footage from Chadwick of him and that's how they were able to make a fairly quick arrest.

this scenario would be voluntary manslaughter though, not first degree murder. first degree murder includes malice aforethought.

Yes I know but what I'm saying is since he was just arrested and the investigation is new and isn't completed nor ME report in normal to charge murder one at this point even if it ends up being a manslaughter or 2nd. Because of how she was found I can see how they charged murder one these charges will likely change, more charges are less charges. Case is too new until they have more evidence and reports they can lower or add more charges. By charging this even if it's not murder one KEEPS him in jail with no bond for now.

They don't even know how she died yet. NG show just had a piece on this. They can charge anything they want at this point but making charges stick is another story unless they have all the goods on this creep which I'm hoping they do.

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Booking Nbr: 16121870 Last Name: PALMER First Name: JOSHUA
Middle Name: M Sex: M Race/Ethnicity: W
Date of Birth: 10/17/1983 Age: 32 Hair: BRO
Eyes: GRN Height: 5' 10" Weight: 185 lbs.
HOUSING LOCATION
Facility: San Diego Central Jail Area/Housing Unit: 4/D
Address: 1173 Front Street City: San Diego

ARREST INFORMATION
Arrest Agency: San Diego Police Department Date Booked: 04/08/2016 Time Booked: 17:50:46
Bail Information
Not Eligible For Release, No Bail
RELEASE
Sentenced?: No
Projected Release Date:
CASE / CHARGE INFORMATION
Case # Arr Chg Code Section Code Description *CL Court Court Date Time *ROC Bail Amount
1 1 187(A) PC MURDER:FIRST DEGREE F SDF 04/12/2016 13:30 Arraign

Above from SD Sheriff's SDsheriff.net

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31680701/arrest-made-in-downtown-san-diego-suitcase-murder

Palmer is being charged with one count of murder. He is due to be arraigned on Tuesday.

Tomorrow he has an arraignment at 13:30...1:30 p.m. Wonder if his family is going to help him get a good attorney. I doubt he'll be allowed bail.

The arraignment is the first time the defendant appears in court.

At the arraignment, the judge tells the defendant:

• What the charges are,
• What his or her constitutional rights are, and
• That if he or she does not have enough money to hire a lawyer, the court will appoint a lawyer free of charge.

The defendant may then respond to the charges by entering a plea. Common pleas include guilty, not guilty, or no contest (also known as “nolo contendere”).

• Not Guilty means the defendant says he or she did not commit the crime. Sometimes, defendants enter a plea of not guilty as a strategic decision during plea bargaining or because they want to go to trial and force the prosecution to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt.
• Guilty means the defendant admits he or she committed the crime. The judge finds the defendant guilty and enters a conviction in the court record.
• No Contest means the defendant does not contest (disagree with) the charge. This plea has the same effect as a guilty plea, except the conviction generally cannot be used against the defendant in a civil lawsuit.

If the defendant is in custody at the time of arraignment, after the defendant enters a plea (responds to the charges), the judge will:

• Release the defendant on his or her “own recognizance” (which means the defendant promises to return to court on a specified date), OR
• Set bail and send the defendant back to the jail until the bail is posted, OR
• Refuse to set bail and send the defendant back to jail.

“Bail” is money or property that a defendant puts up as a promise to return for future court dates. When setting the amount of bail, the judge takes into account the seriousness of the crime, whether the defendant is a risk to the community, and whether he or she is a “flight risk” and likely to run away.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1069.htm

Yes I know but what I'm saying is since he was just arrested and the investigation is new and isn't completed nor ME report in normal to charge murder one at this point even if it ends up being a manslaughter or 2nd. Because of how she was found I can see how they charged murder one these charges will likely change, more charges are less charges. Case is too new until they have more evidence and reports they can lower or add more charges. By charging this even if it's not murder one KEEPS him in jail with no bond for now.

They don't even know how she died yet. NG show just had a piece on this. They can charge anything they want at this point but making charges stick is another story unless they have all the goods on this creep which I'm hoping they do.

I lost Nancy on my tv lineup last month. What else did she have to say and what did she cover about this case?

BBM

California man, 33, arrested for the gruesome murder of 21-year-old after...
Updated: 17:48 GMT, 9 April 2016
http://www.dailymails.xyz/news/arti...-body-stuffed-suitcase-left-garbage-bins.html

Tomorrow he has an arraignment at 13:30...1:30 p.m. Wonder if his family is going to help him get a good attorney. I doubt he'll be allowed bail.

I doubt he will be out on bond since they have her body and most likely his prints on the suitcase and possibly his DNA on her, fingernails, etc not sure if any testing could be done that quickly. Hopefully they have CCTV video from the motel which I'm guessing they do. I'm sure they've got some really good evidence to have arrested him so quickly otherwise some Defense attorney will say they rushed to judgement. JP may have admitted it but then you get some attorney saying they pressured a confession out of him during interrogations without his attorney. His family will probably get him an attorney or one steps in pro per since this will probably be a high profile case since it's gotten so much media attention.

I lost Nancy on my tv lineup last month. What else did she have to say and what did she cover about this case?

BBM

California man, 33, arrested for the gruesome murder of 21-year-old after...
Updated: 17:48 GMT, 9 April 2016
http://www.dailymails.xyz/news/arti...-body-stuffed-suitcase-left-garbage-bins.html

They didn't say too much, nothing new. The attorneys brought up the possibility she could have overdosed and he panicked because if so he could still be charged with murder.

I doubt he will be out on bond since they have her body and most likely his prints on the suitcase and possibly his DNA on her, fingernails, etc not sure if any testing could be done that quickly. Hopefully they have CCTV video from the motel which I'm guessing they do. I'm sure they've got some really good evidence to have arrested him so quickly otherwise some Defense attorney will say they rushed to judgement. JP may have admitted it but then you get some attorney saying they pressured a confession out of him during interrogations without his attorney. His family will probably get him an attorney or one steps in pro per since this will probably be a high profile case since it's gotten so much media attention.

His goose is cooked if he strangled her and there was evidence under her fingernails and maybe some bruising that happened before her death. Then, add the proof that he, in fact, put her in the suitcase and dumped her in the trash. But we all know what magic tricks a good defense attorney can do.

I want to know Cause of Death and I'm not sure we'll hear that. The evidence they have on him is called Discovery and will be revealed later. Although I agree LE probably gathered a lot of evidence, I don't think they'll bring that up too much during this first arraignment. Right? Tomorrow, the prosecution will probably argue he not be allowed Bond or Bail because he could flee and the defense will point out he didn't flee when he could have.

Plan on this taking two to three years.

His goose is cooked if he strangled her and there was evidence under her fingernails and maybe some bruising that happened before her death. Then, add the proof that he, in fact, put her in the suitcase and dumped her in the trash. But we all know what magic tricks a good defense attorney can do.

I want to know Cause of Death and I'm not sure we'll hear that. The evidence they have on him is called Discovery and will be revealed later. Although I agree LE probably gathered a lot of evidence, I don't think they'll bring that up too much during this first arraignment. Right? Tomorrow, the prosecution will probably argue he not be allowed Bond or Bail because he could flee and the defense will point out he didn't flee when he could have.

Plan on this taking two to three years.

Lol. Yep you got that right probably three plus years. Look at Daniel Wozniak in OC charged 2010 finally convicted Dec 2015.

Tomorrow will be about a five min arraignment where he will plead not guilty. They always do. I'm sure he's already spoken to counsel if not either way arraignment could be continued. If he has private counsel or a public defender tomorrow they will probably ask for bail but of course the judge hopefully would not grant with the magnitude of this case also I believe since he was on probation bail is automatically denied.

I hope this is televised. He covered his face when they arrested him. I want him to see that everyone knows he's now a monster. Even if it was an overdose what kind of evil stuffs someone that cared for him and laid with in a suitcase thrown in trash.

Posting a picture of Shauna on this thread.

SHAUNA HAYNES
Shauna Haynes.jpg

https://www.*advertiser censored*.com/x7y9rm58

My miscellaneous late night thoughts.

I read on one of the Memorial Service recaps that Shauna has parents and a sister; I don't know if she had other siblings, but she also had a lot of friends and co-workers who want Justice for Shauna. She may have shared some information indicating prior abuse and maybe they will be witnesses in the trial. It's even possible they could say JP, being so much older, was leading this young girl down a dangerous path. The thing is these trials take such a long time to happen, but I hope some of her friends stick with it and are able to testify on her behalf if it's applicable. Of course, defense may try to besmirch Shauna (like Jodi tried with Travis), but I've heard some glowing reports about Shauna. and not great things about JP. Plus he was still on probation. I know his defense might try for mental illness or self defense, but those are usually feeble attempts that don't go over. I'm not sure how close he was with his family. I do feel sorry for innocent parents that suddenly have to realize their grown adult child killed someone and will probably do prison time, but I feel more sad for Shauna's Family and Friends who have to carry the memory of a loving, vibrant girl discarded in the most nightmarish way. So many people commented on her warmth and ability to uplift people with her loving ways. Those are the real marks we can make on life and are more lastly than any tattoo.

Whew...got a bit deep and philosophical...now some reading a good book...then I hope I sleep.........:eek:fftobed:

Was ether of them staying at the hotel?

Is anyone following the case in Seattle? A woman was found dismembered in a recycling bin and found by someone who noticed the bin was heavier than it should be when he carted it from the curb. (Thank goodness Shauna wasn't found dismembered in the suitcase.)

I don't think the two cases are connected at all, but can't help but wonder if the Seattle case is a copycat?? The Seattle case thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...unsaville-Lyne-40-Seattle-8-April-2016-ARREST

Just thinking aloud...maybe over-thinking...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back