Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was discussed at great length and so many people got it wrong that I'll use bold:

A previous wedding only counts against you if it was a catholic wedding. You are allowed one and only one marriage before God.
If your previous marriage was not before God, then you are good to go.

edit: removed all caps, 'cause that was kinda rude :)
Thank you! Makes total sense now. I was confused about that.

I wonder how much the donor will pledge towards the family. I'm assuming the $50k in the is separate and not included. This is just a private donation they might get, right?

Could this anonymous donor be her first husband?
I have A feeling he may have money.
Just a thought.
I think this donor is close to her.
Jmo
Anything is possible but I don't believe that to be the case regarding the ex. Who we can't sleuth. JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The ransom money offered for the safe release of Sherri Papini went unclaimed, so now the anonymous donor may use some of those funds to help the Redding-area mom and her family recover after she was found Thanksgiving morning, according to the man who coordinated the effort.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article117588963.html#storylink=cpy
Does anyone think we are going to start seeing copycat's after this disclosure?
I am not stating an opinion about the money, but it sounds like she will get some and I can see other people thinking that they could too!

I just think this donor knows Sherri and her family.
Not sleuthing anyone but someone came thru for her and imo it's someone close to her or her family.

I check back about once a day to see if there is any new developments on the suspects.... Hopefully her and her family are able to feel safe at this time, I put myself in her shoes and I would be so afraid ....I hope she is able to get counseling and recover....IMHO

When KP was told his wife had been found and was with CHP, he beat the sheriffs to their location and then kept the information of her being found to himself for a few hours whilst close friends and possible other family members read a poem written by KP that they had been given access to in his absence, despite not having spoken to him and assuming the emotion had become too much for him to be there they then released balloons to symbolise the search for SP, before they found out immediately after that she had been located.
I'm pages behind but wanted to comment on this.

I still think KP knew she was coming home that day. Beat the sheriffs there? Told the kids Mommy would be home for Thanksgiving?

Did anyone pay attention to the over those last couple of days? Did it increase a lot after the balloon release? Maybe he was paying a ransom and didn't have enough to cover it, so let the balloon release go ahead to raise more funds.

IMO, there are only 2 proven major facts in this case. She went missing Nov 2; and she was found Thanksgiving day. Sure there are numerous other minor proven facts (found chained; battered; etc). But everything else is speculation at this point. It is not proven she was abducted (she was listed as a missing person) nor is it proven she left willingly. Nobody but SP knows where she was the last 3 weeks and maybe she doesn't even know. I'm sure that the Shasta County sheriff is holding back significant amounts of information from the press because of how well social media got the word out her disappearance and that this is a highly publicized on-going investigation. I am surprised that no new additional information has come out of that office since Thanksgiving day, but maybe there's nothing new they can share.

I'm not sure if she will or not.

I do know that if she doesn't do a network interview some members of the public will say she's hiding the truth. If she does do a network interview some will ask how much money was she paid for it.

At the appropriate time, an interview with a local news station would be best in my opinion. JMO

IMHO...I think that an interview with national media has already occurred.

Whatever was the case LE had to be aware of the possibilities, and should not have allowed KP to speak to this person until she had been questioned. And yes, I hope that took place and she was Mirandized before a formal set-down at the hospital or, afterwards, at the sheriff's office.

This person meaning Sherri? They would have zero reason or power to keep them from speaking to one another at a time like that. And she would not be mirandized. She is not a crime suspect. They would simply not do so. There is no reason to.

I don't believe that the Ballon release is very relevent. Often times when a missing person is recovered things are kept quiet even from immediate family simply because there is a lot to work out in those first hours. It's likely they didn't clear the scene immediately and by the time they did and got to the hospital and asked questions it's not really that much time. It is likely he had not alerted the family for any other reason than it was likely all a whirlwind and he simply did not have time or desire to break away from his wife to make those calls until shortly after the balloon release. He may have called just before or during and may have gotten voicemail too. Unless I am missing something this is nothing out of the ordinary IMO.

Better safe than sorry. I understand that, pending an ongoing investigation, she is NOT a suspect.

I don't know about the Mirandizing part but my second call (after my husband) would be to a lawyer.

Agreed, no reason to mirandize her unless they were taking her into custody or detaining her for committing a crime.

Fair enough, but when the children's pictures have been plastered on thousands of missing posters, newspaper articles and television screens, I'm not sure a cute picture of the kids in chef outfits by their play kitchen did any additional harm.
Again, what missing posters are you talking about?

Better safe than sorry. I understand that, pending an ongoing investigation, she is NOT a suspect.

No.There is no "safe" in mirandizing a crime victim. Even if they started to think she might have fabricated something, they would have no legal reason to give her a Miranda warning and anything she said could be used in a court of law. Plus, you only have to do that when someone is in custody and reasonably understands they are not free to leave.

I don't believe that the Ballon release is very relevent. Often times when a missing person is recovered things are kept quiet even from immediate family simply because there is a lot to work out in those first hours. It's likely they didn't clear the scene immediately and by the time they did and got to the hospital and asked questions it's not really that much time. It is likely he had not alerted the family for any other reason than it was likely all a whirlwind and he simply did not have time or desire to break away from his wife to make those calls until shortly after the balloon release. He may have called just before or during and may have gotten voicemail too. Unless I am missing something this is nothing out of the ordinary IMO.

I don't think it's relevant as far the calls made and etc.

However, I am fascinated at the timing of it though. Just imagine, had SP been dropped off another 150 more miles down the road, depending on how long it took for someone to call the police after seeing her, she could have seen the balloons going into the air. The timing would have been...wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member