Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent points, all. I interpreted "hear her voice" to preclude them having seen her, but not necessarily a fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not in the list I found. This was just the first 5 that popped up. There are hundreds of cases. And I saw a CNN documentary and there were middle aged women that had been forced into the trafficking route. I don't think any were jogging, but one had been out at a club, and was roofied, and taken that night.

I am not saying that she was definitely taken by traffickers. Just saying that many of the things she endured, are signs of what happens to victims of trafficking. Being held hostage, being battered, being branded, being isolated and sometimes being kidnapped....so it is hard to ignore the similarities.

IMO she was taken for human trafficking. I do acknowledge she's older than the targeted age, BUT she does NOT look her age, she's in great shape physically, she's petite, and she's blonde. If I saw her, with her hair, her body jogging I was guess her age in her early twenties, and a sex trafficker may have also. And that age IS the targeted age for sex trafficking. IMO.

I agree. I think we all realize that human trafficking is a huge problem. The victims are usually teens who are controlled and many held captive, etc. I have never heard of an adult woman jogger being held as part of a sex trafficking ring. I've heard of adult women being abducted and being held captive as a sex slave for one or two psychotic people.

Exactly. I;m right with you. But I understand why people are suggesting it. nothing else much makes sense. Although no mention of a man being involved makes trafficking even less likely. But maybe these are a couple of desperate people who tried to do something that they don't know how to do, or which failed.

Regardless, unless they were working in cahoots with a psycho, if these two women were the real ones who cooked up and carried out this abduction, these women will likely have extensive criminal records, and drug issues. All the torture and chaining and branding and holding for 3 weeks reminds me of tales of crazy criminals just high out of their minds on meth, torturing some associate or poor slob they picked up, sometimes or no reason. What was that one case here in California? i think the criminal was jesse James Hollywood and it involved a teenager being tortured and killed by him and his crew, for really no reason. Found it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Nicholas_Markowitz

Of course we have no reason why these women would be connected to Sherri. But I;m willing to believe almost anything at this point.

So what I mean is, LE is likely looking at thousands of female, Latina criminals in NorCal to see what they can dig up and who Sherri might ID.

I can't keep up. Has anyone made a poll yet on what the motive could be?
Here is what I am gathering are the most common suggestions:

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
3. Specifically targeted and taken for ransom
4. Personally targeted by someone she knows/knows her family

Anything I'm missing?

4 is closest to what I think now, I don't think it was random, and I don't think Sherri or Keith necessarily knew who it was, but think someone in extended family knows why and probably who, I'm going with money owed and this was either a way to receive what someone was owed or a warning. It may even have occurred at their house and it was meant to be MIL taken, weren't we told they owned the house

I wonder if they had any visible tattoos? Nail polish? Did they smoke?

Thank you. I have worked cases in the Redding area and am very aware of the very large presence of Mexican people who populate the area. It is probably why when I hear "hispanic woman" and "spoke mostly in spanish" I don't put much energy into thinking of any other area but Mexico. I guess it is possible though but IMO its highly unlikely.

Mexican connection based on description and proximity is spot on. Don't go anywhere :)

I am not talking about people looking out for them at airports. I am talking about officers (who likely have a bit more info than we do) looking over purchased ticket logs. Being a retired pilot aware of how LE utilizes airline information and someone who assists in missing persons cases it is worth a look. Just my two cents though. I've been wrong before I'll be wrong again.

You asked for thoughts and I was simply sharing mine.

And I'm still not sure they would be going to Mexico.

I don't think you should hide in a corner. I think your point is well-taken. I also think the caution that not all Hispanics/Latinos are Mexican is a very good one for all of us to remember.
I agree 100%...

Mexican connection based on description and proximity is spot on. Don't go anywhere :)
'

And, if I recall correctly, way in the beginning Sherri's family also asked specifically for people with connections in Mexico (and Canada, I think) to spread her Missing poster and keep their eyes open... it had a very specific ring to it, as if they thought she'd been taken there. I'm not describing it well.

Here's some more CG that might ring through our heads for a while. I won't put the link here, but google "project taken vimeo short" - there you will see a video made by CG promoting his business. Please watch. It's a young, blond, kidnapped woman in a dungeon sort of place. Handcuffs. He is the savior, if she will just do what he says. I don't know. There are just so many weird coincidences.

I could see SP being used. Thinking it is all real. I don't know.
Oh yes... I have seen that one...
Very strange case is it not?
2016, does not dissapoint...

I don't think you should hide in a corner. I think your point is well-taken. I also think the caution that not all Hispanics/Latinos are Mexican is a very good one for all of us to remember.

Absolutely true. I lived on the west coast and assumed Mexican ancestry to Latinos. now I live near DC where most Latinos are Salvadoran. Not the same, and a major wake up call to my ignorance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand why the family is so outspoken and visible to the public. I would be so terrified for myself and children, I would be in a Hotel and plotting how to move out of my home, out of the neighborhood, and probably out of the state!

Here's some more CG that might ring through our heads for a while. I won't put the link here, but google "project taken vimeo short" - there you will see a video made by CG promoting his business. Please watch. It's a young, blond, kidnapped woman in a dungeon sort of place. Handcuffs. He is the savior, if she will just do what he says. I don't know. There are just so many weird coincidences.

I could see SP being used. Thinking it is all real. I don't know.

I watched that a while ago. It gave me the heebie jeebies

No, but considering the case is in California, it's more likely that these women are of Mexican descent than Cuban, Dominican, Puerto Rican, etc.
86% of Hispanics in California are Mexican per this data from 2014. Not to assume anything, but it seems likely.
2999252dd34cf5c8bb97fe7699018702.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

You asked for thoughts and I was simply sharing mine.

And I'm still not sure they would be going to Mexico.

I'm sorry if you thought I was knocking your thoughts or ideas. I was not. I respect everyone's thoughts here. I was just trying to clarify what I meant. I thought we were talking about two different things. Checking who had travelled that morning and people being on the lookout at airports. So, I was just trying to clarify. My apologies!

I am not into kidnapping/abducting/holding ppl hostage, but if I was-based on the shows I've watched and books I've read (documentaries, not fiction), I don't think I would have them around me while I had conversations with others, said names or anything specific they could later use, let them see me, etc...if I had a slight thought of "releasing" them. I guess unless there was enough fear in them where I felt trusted them to be around me. Obviously I cannot think like the captures , but I would take a leap and say they may not have even been in the same location/room/building/whatever as her the whole 3 weeks, since we do not know that information. Maybe they picked her up, put her somewhere, visited her for whatever reasons, and then now she's back (cliffnotes version). Just one scenario as there could be many.

*As I wrote that, I thought back to the "shows/movies" I watched as a kid. You know the "scary movies" that were about crazy people that weren't true. Now I feel whenever I watch shows or read books, I have to think to myself that there are people out there really storing people in containers, abducting them off the streets, people disappearing, etc. Bah! And to think how many more are probably doing it right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member