Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again -- please point me to a case of human trafficking.

links:
http://abc7news.com/news/teen-human-trafficking-victim-rescued-3-arrested-during-sting/1579812/

TEEN HUMAN TRAFFICKING VICTIM RESCUED, 3 ARRESTED DURING STING

Saturday, October 29, 2016
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- Police rescued a 17-year-old human trafficking victim and arrested three people during a sting operation last week in Vacaville, police said Thursday.

During the sting, officers working with members of the FBI Safe Streets Task Force and a social worker were able to locate and rescue the teen victim, according to police.

The victim was taken into protective custody and was provided resources and services, police said.

Officers also arrested Sacramento residents Tesheya Byrd, 22, on suspicion of pandering and conspiracy and Todd Thornton, 23, on suspicion of human trafficking, pimping of a minor and pandering of a minor, police said.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/6222454-181/human-trafficking-arrest-in-rohnert

Human trafficking arrests in Rohnert Park

A man and two women from the East Bay were arrested for suspicion of trafficking minors for sex during a bust outside a Rohnert Park motel early Sunday morning, authorities said.

Two girls, age 13 and 16, also were found at the scene and were removed to safety during the course of the investigation, which began around 2 a.m. in the Budget Inn parking lot, Rohnert Park police said.

The suspects are Joanna McClenahan, 26, of Pittsburg; Marilee Romine, 19, of neighboring Antioch; and Edwin Prasad Jr., 18, of Vallejo, the Rohnert Park Public Safety Department said. All three were being held Sunday at the Sonoma County Jail, with bail of $125,000, and were scheduled to make their initial appearances in court on Tuesday.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...n-Human-Trafficking-Crackdown--391674801.html

More Than 200 Arrested in Human Trafficking Crackdown

The arrests came during a 10-month period in which a task force targeted traffickers and their customers in the San Fernando Valley.

Los Angeles Police Department officials who joined Martinez at a news conference said 11 victims were rescued, including a 14-year-old girl, and more than 200 arrests were made, ....

http://abc7.com/news/5-arrested-in-san-gabriel-based-human-trafficking-ring/1481561/

5 ARRESTED IN HUMAN TRAFFICKING RING ACROSS CENTRAL, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Tuesday, August 23, 2016
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators are calling it modern slavery.

A taskforce of local, state and federal agencies assembled by the Ventura County Sheriff's Department uncovered an elaborate network that allegedly delivered millions of dollars in wire transfers to China.

The business was human trafficking. Women from Fresno to San Diego were forced to have sex with 20 to 30 men a day.

http://www.kcra.com/article/9-people-arrested-in-norcal-human-trafficking-operation/6502619
9 people arrested in NorCal human-trafficking operation

Oct 3, 2016

I thought a truck driver had stopped but I believe the gentleman who posted was talking about the lady who called 911 and he's thinking she was the one who stopped which I know she did not. But I think the point he was making was more about why the reward more eyes offered is gone. I think IMO it is because it was used to pay the ransom.

I can tell you from seeing other cases, a couple very close-up (meaning, I got to know the people involved, including the Chief of Police at the time), LE does *not* spend time on rumors, the rumor mill, and pays little attention to all of that.

They are doing a job and their job is not to chase down rumors and try to stop them, which would be a fulltime job for dozens of people and it still wouldn't be enough. LE releases information they think the community needs to stay safe, but only information the community really needs (and not because they are curious).

Their first order of business is to protect the community, professionally work the case, and be able to hand that case off to the DA if warranted, with everything tied together or as much as they can. Rumor-mongering is hobby that many partake in and that is not the concern of cops. Now, if someone takes a rumor and decides they are going to "play FBI agent or secret CSI agent" and they directly involve themselves in a case where there is or could be obstruction, LE will certainly get involved to remove said interloper.

So yes, I think it must feel bizarre to be in the position that detectives are in with all the social media and intense interest in true crime, while they try to go about doing their jobs.

My point is, he is increasing rumors. he is fanning them with his silly and incomplete answers. When he releases a very vague description of the suspects as if that is all SP said about them it will only lead to people saying its not true. So why is he doing it? Clearly they followed up to get more and more detail. If she noticed one was older than the other then she would have a guess at their ages. That should have been included today. To leave it at what he said is worse than saying nothing.

What the hell have I missed?

In other news, I posted yesterday that i thought the Papinis had gone rogue with releasing details. I was pretty sure the sheriff didn't want that info out. But the statements the sheriff has made have acted to make people mistrust Sherri and her husband. I feel he could have made statements that supported her but were firm, in explaining that he was not going to release details in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation. Only now is he saying that. I think it directly led to Keith feeling he had to release details in order to defend his wife.

But I see posts above talking about second guessing the professionals, and I can imagine how tough their job is. And how hard they're working.

Glad to hear the FBI is still involved. This must need multiple agencies to help solve it.

There was a quick presser with not much revealed, other than a vague description of the abductors- a younger hispanic woman with thin eyebrows, and an older hispanic lady with a bit of grey hair. One had pierced ears. One had a thicker accent than the other. Other than that, no real news.

BBM

There were "5-8 hairs" - not considered entirely significant amount-wise by LE, so that added to the mystery early on. (Read that on an official LE log earlier this month, though I don't have the link, sorry!)

No "chunks" of hair with scalp attached as a neighbor had rumored, that might indicate violent ripping them from her head.

But the point is, the hair on the earbuds totally stood out to her husband, enough that he commented upon it publically. A few random hairs would go unnoticed or at least un-remarked-upon by most people.

It just strikes me that her hair was mentioned at the beginning of the case and when she was released.

Could mean nothing! But it stands out to me, whether it was 8 strands or a chunk.

jmopinion, might not match yours

Did she get to shower or change clothes during that time?

I would need to change my contacts during that time.

I would too, but taking them out would guarantee I couldn't see much.

I wonder if she regularly takes any medications?

Sheriff and LE also know the perps are following the case, so are quiet and vague as to not show their hands. If they spill too much, then the perps would know Sherri talked, which could jeopardize her and her family. LE has no reason to tell the public the whole story. MHOO

Well, even if there were a couple hundred passengers who left from airports close by in the early hours of thanksgiving day that fit the bill wouldn't it be worth looking over the names and swing if any have tires to redding, violent crime, SP etc? It's not like they would have to look at every fought in the us. There are only a small handful of airports close by that service Mexico and not very many flights to Mexico out of those airports. If you found two woman who traveled together that morning or of sac for example that had ties to redding or Yolo county with criminal records don't you think it would be worth looking at? P.S. I am a retired pilot so I'm aware of the numbers we are looking at passenger wise.
Not to be argumentative, but how the heck would you identify them?
The 20 year old with the freshly plucked eyebrows, with the nondescript earings, accompanied by her grandma with the gray streaks, and bushy eyebrows? Just Saying, this is really a conundrum...

I too believe the ransom money was paid for SP's release. When the first $50,000 reward was offered, I would guess negotiations began. A $100,000 reward/ransom is a very large amount of money even in terms of obtaining moenies illegally, whether that be through drugs, human trafficking or money laundering. Human trafficking is the #1 illegal way money is laundered in this country, despite that most people think it is through drugs. I have a feeling the money was paid and LE is working with the banks, the "anonymous" doner and even treasury to trace this money. Someone cannot just walk into a bank and withdraw that sort of cash without flags being raised, including freezing of assets if a suspecipis activity report (SAR) is raised. This is also done for suspicious wire transfers. Essentially this may be the ultimate downfall, IMO.

I am new to this group but am an anti-money laundering risk professional at a major international bank and this case immediately has me on alert. To the moderators, feel free to contact me to verify my crededenrials. Also I'm happy to further elaborate on how cash and wire transfers are traced, before and after transactions.

So now that everyone knows that they are looking for an older hispanic lady with grey hair, what's stopping her from dyeing it?

I think the point is more that if someone has suspicions about someone they already know, who may've been acting weird or gone during the last 3 weeks, who fit the description, they could call in. If that person dyed their hair today, even better.

The thing I keep wondering about is safety for the community and more specifically for Sherri Papini and her family. If she only saw their eyes then even if she met them in a grocery store, she might not recognize them. To me, that means she is very vulnerable to these people.
The sheriff nor her husband have talked about the security the family is using. Are they in hiding? Is there house surrounded by police? Should people in the Redding area lock their doors, not go jogging?
These are the things that make me feel like there's more to this story. If you don't know who abducted a citizen of your town and you don't know why, you have to assume everyone there could be in danger. Only, the police aren't acting like that.

LE knows who orchestrated this and they're not going to be out hurting anyone else. Thats why there's no urgency by bosenko or any other LE group. They're just putting the pieces together to one of the craziest stories we've ever heard.

links:
http://abc7news.com/news/teen-human-trafficking-victim-rescued-3-arrested-during-sting/1579812/

TEEN HUMAN TRAFFICKING VICTIM RESCUED, 3 ARRESTED DURING STING

Saturday, October 29, 2016
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- Police rescued a 17-year-old human trafficking victim and arrested three people during a sting operation last week in Vacaville, police said Thursday.

During the sting, officers working with members of the FBI Safe Streets Task Force and a social worker were able to locate and rescue the teen victim, according to police.

The victim was taken into protective custody and was provided resources and services, police said.

Officers also arrested Sacramento residents Tesheya Byrd, 22, on suspicion of pandering and conspiracy and Todd Thornton, 23, on suspicion of human trafficking, pimping of a minor and pandering of a minor, police said.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/6222454-181/human-trafficking-arrest-in-rohnert

Human trafficking arrests in Rohnert Park

A man and two women from the East Bay were arrested for suspicion of trafficking minors for sex during a bust outside a Rohnert Park motel early Sunday morning, authorities said.

Two girls, age 13 and 16, also were found at the scene and were removed to safety during the course of the investigation, which began around 2 a.m. in the Budget Inn parking lot, Rohnert Park police said.

The suspects are Joanna McClenahan, 26, of Pittsburg; Marilee Romine, 19, of neighboring Antioch; and Edwin Prasad Jr., 18, of Vallejo, the Rohnert Park Public Safety Department said. All three were being held Sunday at the Sonoma County Jail, with bail of $125,000, and were scheduled to make their initial appearances in court on Tuesday.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...n-Human-Trafficking-Crackdown--391674801.html

More Than 200 Arrested in Human Trafficking Crackdown

The arrests came during a 10-month period in which a task force targeted traffickers and their customers in the San Fernando Valley.

Los Angeles Police Department officials who joined Martinez at a news conference said 11 victims were rescued, including a 14-year-old girl, and more than 200 arrests were made, ....

http://abc7.com/news/5-arrested-in-san-gabriel-based-human-trafficking-ring/1481561/

5 ARRESTED IN HUMAN TRAFFICKING RING ACROSS CENTRAL, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Tuesday, August 23, 2016
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators are calling it modern slavery.

A taskforce of local, state and federal agencies assembled by the Ventura County Sheriff's Department uncovered an elaborate network that allegedly delivered millions of dollars in wire transfers to China.

The business was human trafficking. Women from Fresno to San Diego were forced to have sex with 20 to 30 men a day.

http://www.kcra.com/article/9-people-arrested-in-norcal-human-trafficking-operation/6502619
9 people arrested in NorCal human-trafficking operation

Oct 3, 2016

Thank you, while I am not certain that this case is human trafficking I'm constantly surprised by how many people have no idea it is going on around them everyday. It is worth educating yourself so that you and your loved ones are protected. This information above proves that point and it is not just big cities.

Found this on the 12th
attachment.php
Ah, I'd forgotten about this!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I need more wine for this. Back in a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My point is, he is increasing rumors. he is fanning them with his silly and incomplete answers. When he releases a very vague description of the suspects as if that is all SP said about them it will only lead to people saying its not true. So why is he doing it? Clearly they followed up to get more and more detail. If she noticed one was older than the other then she would have a guess at their ages. That should have been included today. To leave it at what he said is worse than saying nothing.
If that's happening I don't think it's his intent. I think this speaking to the press is tough business and if verbal press communication is not your forté, it's a slippery slope and it's way too easy to not phrase something the best possible way. Perhaps he should partake of a PR expert. I saw today's press conference and he really didn't say much of anything outside of reading the prepared statement and only confirming 2 things: the branding did happen (but no details of it) and they are looking for 2 hispanic females (with a few details about their appearance). The rest was boilerplate stuff for the most part and then refusing to answer media questions, which is typical.

I've been thinking today, I wonder if they have checked the airports close by for two Hispanic woman who may have flown out. Maybe the ransom was quietly paid and the two woman quickly left the country and flew home to Mexico, possibly drove. The early morning drop off makes me wonder if they did that then made their way home. With all the people traveling on tyne holiday it would be easy to blend in. If the sherif is aware that they are nowhere around here it would explain why we don't see much of a call to action on a manhunt or cautionary statements to the community. Thoughts?

Home to Mexico? For all we know they're from Redding. I also think the description is way too vague for people to be looking out at airports. Unless they're paying for tickets with 100k in cash.

JMO

What the hell have I missed?

In other news, I posted yesterday that i thought the Papinis had gone rogue with releasing details. I was pretty sure the sheriff didn't want that info out. But the statements the sheriff has made have acted to make people mistrust Sherri and her husband. I feel he could have made statements that supported her but were firm, in explaining that he was not going to release details in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation. Only now is he saying that. I think it directly led to Keith feeling he had to release details in order to defend his wife.

But I see posts above talking about second guessing the professionals, and I can imagine how tough their job is. And how hard they're working.

Glad to hear the FBI is still involved. This must need multiple agencies to help solve it.

Not sure you had a chance to catch this afternoon's presser - It provided some info about the captors although not a full description as their faces were covered while interacting with the victim

Full Text Of Nov. 30 Press Conference About Sherri Papini’s Abduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member