Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. Remember kp also got to the drop off site quickly and leaked info. There's a lot of communication going on without direct talking I think. Messages being sent. Not sleuthing but healthy skepticism.

I have read through all of the threads, but my memory isn't great and frankly, this case moves so quickly that I haven't been able to jot many notes. It was my understanding that KP first reunited with SP at the hospital, not the drop site. If I'm mistaken, can you point me to a link? Thanks.

I often imagine what it must be like to be a LE professional.

I mean, let's say you're an accountant, to pick a profession. You're educated, you have experience, you were hired and you go to work and continue to work. Now, imagine if there were a thousand, 2 thousand, 10,000 random people who are not accountants virtually looking over your shoulder, insinuating you didn't know how to do your job, a job you trained for, a job that takes a certain amount of time to do because there are numerous steps involved and questions that have to be resolved and not all the answers are apparent. Maybe you're part of a team of accountants on a big audit, so you are doing one piece of the work but there are many pieces and others are involved.

You have a boss, there's a protocol you follow, a chain-of-command. Your job is yours and not someone else's.

Now, imagine that random people out there on the Interwebs were openly criticizing your work, even though they don't actually see what you're doing, they are trying to virtually give you 'instructions' (as if you don't have a clue what to do and are not a trained professional).

How would you feel about that? You might think people are off their rockers. I imagine you'd continue to do your job as trained, to the best of your ability and follow the processes as defined.

It must be bizarre to be in LE and experience all of that (above).

DOne.

Poll:
What is your theory on motive?

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
3. Specifically targeted and taken for ransom
4. Personally targeted by someone she knows/knows her family
5. Hate crime
6. None of the above (Share more if NOT against TOS)

Maybe they took her to trade for drugs and the dealer said no. i guess that falls under human trafficking.

Has anyone peeked at the Yolo County 911 call logs? How about any of the other counties on I-5 between Shasta County and the Mexican boarder?

Point me to this human trafficking happening daily, everywhere, firstly; secondly, this includes housewives out for a jog? As for cartels, they'd need a reason to act; what would that reason be, here?

I work missing persons cases and human trafficking is a much bigger problem than most realize. While I do not think that or cartels is what is at play here I do not personally think that either should be dismissed as laughable. Just my personal opinion.

DOne.

Poll:

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
5. Hate crime
6. None of the above (Share more if NOT against TOS)

Early on I thought random abduction or targeted abduction and I guess I'm still there. I'm going with 4 or 3. I haven't discounted anything, really, but these two seem most likely to me. IMHO

Was the video surveillance from where she was abducted or dropped off? I thought it was related to the abduction, but could be wrong. If so, I wonder how close the cameras were to Old Oregon/Sunrise. Were they from businesses down the road? I personally would have a hard time recalling specifics prior to the abduction, yes I'd be a terrible witness. But unless someone told me to look out for a specific vehicle or I suspected something suspicious, I'd be grasping at straws to make a valid ID.

I did think it was interesting he mentioned they showed SP surveillance video from the area around the time she was dropped off and she couldn't identify the SUV. I wonder how close to the drop off site they were able to get footage.

This is just so bizarre. It almost sounds like a mother/daughter kidnapping team from her description.

I keep going back to the video that they showed Sherri with SUVs from around the time she was kidnapped. None of the vehicles were the one that took her. Was LE off on the timing? Is Sherrie not good with SUVs? It seems like such a great lead opportunity. I wonder if they canvassed homes in the area with cameras before they were recorded over.

I work missing persons cases and human trafficking is a much bigger problem than most realize. While I do not think that or cartels is what is at play here I do not personally think that either should be dismissed as laughable. Just my personal opinion.
Again -- please point me to a case of human trafficking.

Thanks so much for posting the link to the transcript. I just read to make sure I didn't misunderstand what the sheriff said:

"Sherri described her assailants as two Hispanic female adults. She related that both of the subjects spoke in Spanish the majority of the time of her captivity. "

Spoke in Spanish the majority of the time.

ETA: He did not say they spoke in Spanish the entire time.

I agree about the motive of why he described her injuries. But I would also believe that he would describe the attackers as monsters as such or how he hoped they would be caught

I believe the ransom money turned into money finding who did this, not for finding SP. This lady that pulled over and found her probably gets none of this money yet she found her. Usually the money is to find the person. If they knew she was going to be released they may have worded it that way so it would not get paid. It was stated that they believed this "scared" the abductors to release her with this reward. Releasing her actually improved the chances of catching these people. And now they are talking about the money going to SP family. Well if they did not catch them yet, why wouldn't the money still be to find them. Seems like the LE are the only ones looking for them.

I do not blame SP or any of her family if this is true, I would probably do the same. I am sure they are happy to have her back.

Honestly, I'm not following most of what you're saying. :-\

Really, I would never lie to law enforcement... We are different people, thus makes the world go round...

I would if I was still in shock over my 3 weeks of being brutalized and if they threatened to come and take my babies. She must feel very vulnerable knowing her family and extended family is publicly known. I would be so frightened for my family's safety if I told the truth about who had taken me.

Once she said burka, I got it. But I was so hung up in my individual sari experience I couldn't get around it. My sleuth-o-meter is not the only perception this case is messing with...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alexsea... You just broke Websleuths today! "Hung up in your individual sari experience"Lol!!! [emoji23] ROFL!!!

I often imagine what it must be like to be a LE professional.

I mean, let's say you're an accountant, to pick a profession. You're educated, you have experience, you were hired and you go to work and continue to work. Now, imagine if there were a thousand, 2 thousand, 10,000 random people who are not accountants virtually looking over your shoulder, insinuating you didn't know how to do your job, a job you trained for, a job that takes a certain amount of time to do because there are numerous steps involved and questions that have to be resolved and not all the answers are apparent. Maybe you're part of a team of accountants on a big audit, so you are doing one piece of the work but there are many pieces and others are involved.

You have a boss, there's a protocol you follow, a chain-of-command. Your job is yours and not someone else's.

Now, imagine that random people out there on the Interwebs were openly criticizing your work, even though they don't actually see what you're doing, they are trying to virtually give you 'instructions' (as if you don't have a clue what to do and are not a trained professional).

How would you feel about that? You might think people are off their rockers. I imagine you'd continue to do your job as trained, to the best of your ability and follow the processes as defined.

It must be bizarre to be in LE and experience all of that (above).

Amen to that. My husband was a police officer in the 1990's, so pre-social media, inter webs, everyone-has-a-camera days. Even then, there was a lot of armchair quarterbacking. It didn't bother my husband, but it drove me nuts. Especially news reports. I know there are a few bad apples in the bunch (as in any profession) but I consider myself LE friendly so I rarely comment negatively unless I think it's blatantly obvious that a ball has been dropped.

I'm brainstorming. Could SP have been kidnapped for her hair?

And kept her three weeks to grow it longer?

They usually don't take hair that has been bleached.

Did you ever see Chris Rock's documentary "Good Hair?" Indian hair is very popular.

I saw that a few times but I wasn't sure if we could discuss it much so left it off.
If it's ok with mods, let's make "Hate Crime" number 5.
Feel free to choose more than one/make a hybrid.

Poll:

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
5. Hate crime
Going with the "Hybrid" theory, not #5, but a collage of 1-5... Sorry, it was the wine this time,can't always blame the fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member