Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that everyone knows that they are looking for an older hispanic lady with grey hair, what's stopping her from dyeing it?

I often imagine what it must be like to be a LE professional.

I mean, let's say you're an accountant, to pick a profession. You're educated, you have experience, you were hired and you go to work and continue to work. Now, imagine if there were a thousand, 2 thousand, 10,000 random people who are not accountants virtually looking over your shoulder, insinuating you didn't know how to do your job, a job you trained for, a job that takes a certain amount of time to do because there are numerous steps involved and questions that have to be resolved and not all the answers are apparent. Maybe you're part of a team of accountants on a big audit, so you are doing one piece of the work but there are many pieces and others are involved.

You have a boss, there's a protocol you follow, a chain-of-command. Your job is yours and not someone else's.

Now, imagine that random people out there on the Interwebs were openly criticizing your work, even though they don't actually see what you're doing, they are trying to virtually give you 'instructions' (as if you don't have a clue what to do and are not a trained professional).

How would you feel about that? You might think people are off their rockers. I imagine you'd continue to do your job as trained, to the best of your ability and follow the processes as defined.

It must be bizarre to be in LE and experience all of that (above).

IF the person standing over the accountants shoulder is his client he better at least pay attention. We have seen so many cases that without the actions of the victims, their families, the media and the public the case would never have been solved. So we need to hold our public officials accountable, and if they can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I am more concerned that the sheriff has not helped stop the rumors. He is inartful at best, and maybe is liking the cameras just a little too much. Why doesn't he just let his detectives come out and speak? Tell us how we can help. Tell us to mind our own business. What he has said, or what he has not said, leaves so much room for speculation. He is fanning the flames of rumor and innuendo. No wonder KP spoke out. It seems he does not even get that. He leaves the impression SP knows so little about her captors thats its not even credible. I do not believe that but that is what he has done. So when she said one was older and one was younger, which is redundant, did his investigators ask her about how old they were? And if they didn't post job openings. And if they did, what did she say? and why did we not hear that or at least from the sheriff, she gave us an age range but we will not release it. So which is it? THe sheriff is doing no favors being so obtuse. I don't know if it is intentional or just lack of thoroughness. A reporter asked if she had been moved around or kept in one place. he said good question I am not going to answer. the reporter asked did they know the answer but he moved on to the next question. Should he have at least said, we know but we are not releasing that yet. He has made the family's ordeal worse...but hey he has finally made good morning america.

I keep going back to the video that they showed Sherri with SUVs from around the time she was kidnapped. None of the vehicles were the one that took her. Was LE off on the timing? Is Sherrie not good with SUVs? It seems like such a great lead opportunity. I wonder if they canvassed homes in the area with cameras before they were recorded over.

I would assume they did, would hope they did. It's pretty much standard operating procedure in my community. We have a database that citizens can register on when they buy a surveillance system. That way if a crime occurs we know who has cameras where. It has lead to many cases of theft and vandalism being solved and quickly.

Maybe they took her to trade for drugs and the dealer said no. i guess that falls under human trafficking.

Drugs could fall under either trafficking or gangs/cartel I suppose--or even ransom if the abductors wanted the ransom money to fund a drug operation. Take your pick!

Do we know if SP knows Spanish? During the press conference they reported they mostly spoke Spanish. SP might not know why they did this if she couldn't understand what they were saying.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to understand Spanish to figure out when someone is being called by their first name...
The two women had to speak to each other, right??

And kept her three weeks to grow it longer?

They usually don't take hair that has been bleached.

Did you ever see Chris Rock's documentary "Good Hair?" Indian hair is very popular.

Has it been bleached?

I often imagine what it must be like to be a LE professional.

I mean, let's say you're an accountant, to pick a profession. You're educated, you have experience, you were hired and you go to work and continue to work. Now, imagine if there were a thousand, 2 thousand, 10,000 random people who are not accountants virtually looking over your shoulder, insinuating you didn't know how to do your job, a job you trained for, a job that takes a certain amount of time to do because there are numerous steps involved and questions that have to be resolved and not all the answers are apparent. Maybe you're part of a team of accountants on a big audit, so you are doing one piece of the work but there are many pieces and others are involved.

You have a boss, there's a protocol you follow, a chain-of-command. Your job is yours and not someone else's.

Now, imagine that random people out there on the Interwebs were openly criticizing your work, even though they don't actually see what you're doing, they are trying to virtually give you 'instructions' (as if you don't have a clue what to do and are not a trained professional).

How would you feel about that? You might think people are off their rockers. I imagine you'd continue to do your job as trained, to the best of your ability and follow the processes as defined.

It must be bizarre to be in LE and experience all of that (above).

I'll share an experience I have. I work PT at a place with a lot of security guards. I work very close to them. They deal with people all the time giving them grief, telling them what they should do, doubting their direction....and the guards basically ignore the comments and continue doing their job.

I imagine LEO are the same, even more so. They are not swayed off their game by chitter-chatter.

That's my opinion anyway. I'm sure they get frustrated with the public and press, but I also think they are tough as nails.

jmo

Just bringing it over because I think it means something...though I think I am alone in thinking so.

When SP was missing, her husband mentioned the ear buds he found had her hair on them. I think there was a significant amount of hair and that it was the first message the perps were sending.

The ear buds and phone, we have since learned, were placed, not tossed. They were meant to be found and the hair was intentionally left with them. Imo.

Why? I don't know, but I do think the ear buds with hair were meant to tell the family something.

Jmo

BBM

There were "3-8 hairs" - not considered entirely significant amount-wise by LE, so that added to the mystery early on. (Read that on an official LE log earlier this month, though I don't have the link, sorry!)

No "chunks" of hair with scalp attached as a neighbor had rumored, that might indicate violent ripping them from her head.

Alexsea... You just broke Websleuths today! "Hung up in your individual sari experience"Lol!!! [emoji23] ROFL!!!

Anything I can do to help...says the newbie, while banging her head on a wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found this on the 12th
attachment.php

Attachments

• Crime Report 11-12-16.GIF
    Crime Report 11-12-16.GIF
    61 KB · Views: 483
Honestly, I'm not following most of what you're saying. :-\

I think in a nutshell he is saying why didn't the person who stopped get the reward and that the reward that was offered for finding the people responsible for kidnapping SP now seems to be off the table and going to the family instead. I'm wondering if this might be the biggest indicator that the ransom was indeed quietly paid.

The thing I keep wondering about is safety for the community and more specifically for Sherri Papini and her family. If she only saw their eyes then even if she met them in a grocery store, she might not recognize them. To me, that means she is very vulnerable to these people.
The sheriff nor her husband have talked about the security the family is using. Are they in hiding? Is there house surrounded by police? Should people in the Redding area lock their doors, not go jogging?
These are the things that make me feel like there's more to this story. If you don't know who abducted a citizen of your town and you don't know why, you have to assume everyone there could be in danger. Only, the police aren't acting like that.
Good Post...

You don't have to understand Spanish to figure out when someone is being called by their first name...
The two women had to speak to each other, right??

We can hope they slipped up and Sherri reported the name(s) to LE. At this point, though, we don't know. We also don't know if the women said much in the presence of Sherri. Or, when she was held captive, if she had regular (or irregular) contact with one (or more than one) captor.

IF the person standing over the accountants shoulder is his client he better at least pay attention. We have seen so many cases that without the actions of the victims, their families, the media and the public the case would never have been solved. So we need to hold our public officials accountable, and if they can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I am more concerned that the sheriff has not helped stop the rumors. He is inartful at best, and maybe is liking the cameras just a little too much. Why doesn't he just let his detectives come out and speak? Tell is how we can help. Tell us to mind our own business. What he has said, or what he has not said, leaves so much room for speculation. He is fanning the flames of rumor and innuendo. No wonder KP spoke out. It seems he does not even get that. He leaves the impression SP knows so little about her captors thats its not even credible. I do not believe that but that is what he has done. So when she said one was older and one was younger, which is redundant, did his investigators ask her about how old they were? And if they didn't post job openings. And if they did, what did she say? and why did we not hear that or at least from the sheriff, she gave us an age range but we will not release it. So which is it? THe sheriff is doing no favors being so obtuse. I don't know if it is intentional or just lack of thoroughness. A reporter asked if she had been moved around or kept in one place. he said good question I am not going to answer. the reporter asked did they know the answer but he moved on to the next question. Should he have at least said, we know but we are not releasing that yet. He has made the family's ordeal worse...but hey he has finally made good morning america.

I can tell you from seeing other cases, a couple very close-up (meaning, I got to know the people involved, including the Chief of Police at the time), LE does *not* spend time on rumors, the rumor mill, and pays little attention to all of that.

They are doing a job and their job is not to chase down rumors and try to stop them, which would be a fulltime job for dozens of people and it still wouldn't be enough. LE releases information they think the community needs to stay safe, but only information the community really needs (and not because they are curious).

Their first order of business is to protect the community, professionally work the case, and be able to hand that case off to the DA if warranted, with everything tied together or as much as they can. Rumor-mongering is hobby that many partake in and that is not the concern of cops. Now, if someone takes a rumor and decides they are going to "play FBI agent or secret CSI agent" and they directly involve themselves in a case where there is or could be obstruction, LE will certainly get involved to remove said interloper.

So yes, I think it must feel bizarre to be in the position that detectives are in with all the social media and intense interest in true crime, while they try to go about doing their jobs. I don't think the Sheriff in this case is the best communicator or the clearest communicator (probably why many LE dept have public information officers to handle those things), but I still find I have empathy for what must be a difficult job that is just plain weird at times.

Excellent points, all. I interpreted "hear her voice" to preclude them having seen her, but not necessarily a fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow... The internet never forgets or forgives... Seems like I say this weekly to my children...

Did you happen to notice that her sister refused to comment on if a ransom had been paid???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hanksgiving-promised-children-d-holidays.html

WOW........

YET she answered ALL the other questions. And she was released from captivity literally within hours of the ransom deadline.

Coincidence? Or Payoff? In your opinion of course!

I think in a nutshell he is saying why didn't the person who stopped get the reward and that the reward that was offered for finding the people responsible for kidnapping SP now seems to be off the table and going to the family instead. I'm wondering if this might be the biggest indicator that the ransom was indeed quietly paid.

Maybe I missed something. Did a motorist stop to assist Sherri? Or do you mean the woman who drove past and later called 911?

So now that everyone knows that they are looking for an older hispanic lady with grey hair, what's stopping her from dyeing it?

What the hell have I missed?

In other news, I posted yesterday that i thought the Papinis had gone rogue with releasing details. I was pretty sure the sheriff didn't want that info out. But the statements the sheriff has made have acted to make people mistrust Sherri and her husband. I feel he could have made statements that supported her but were firm, in explaining that he was not going to release details in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation. Only now is he saying that. I think it directly led to Keith feeling he had to release details in order to defend his wife.

But I see posts above talking about second guessing the professionals, and I can imagine how tough their job is. And how hard they're working.

Glad to hear the FBI is still involved. This must need multiple agencies to help solve it.

I saw that a few times but I wasn't sure if we could discuss it much so left it off.
If it's ok with mods, let's make "Hate Crime" number 5.
Feel free to choose more than one/make a hybrid.

Poll:
What is your theory on motive?

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
3. Specifically targeted and taken for ransom
4. Personally targeted by someone she knows/knows her family
5. Hate crime

#4, but #3 might have played a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online