Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a female with long-ish hair who runs (not nearly enough) with earbuds in, the presence of 3-8 hairs on the earbuds is strange to me. First of all, if running, her hair would most likely be in a ponytail or bun. Long hair like hers, you can't really run with it down. Also, most earbuds are attached in front of your body, so how would the hair get on them? Even my cordless earbuds, which attach behind my head, would be very unlikely to have more than one possible (not very likely at all) hair on them after I was running.

That doesn't mean she does.

You know, the mom angle is interesting. I remember reading in her wedding diaries a lot about how amazing her mother-in-law is, but I don't recall her own mom coming up much. At the time I chalked it up to her wanting to "please" her new mother-in-law, so gushing about her would help, but now Idk what to make of mom not seeing her yet.

The one interview I saw with the mom and dad at their workplace. She seemed very angry, with good reason. But perhaps she is quick to anger, and maybe Sherri doesn't want to deal with that right now.

It makes me sad that her mother hasn't seen her, when there was a very real possibility that she may never have seen her again. I suppose there are some mothers and daughters who would be fine with that. But it makes me sad.

Keith has said several times they are a "private family". I don't know all the dynamics in their family, but sometimes families don't gather when there's a crisis.

One thing that comes across loud and clear - Sherri is very focused on always being "pretty". Always. Her pictures are staged, and she has a full face of makeup on. her hair is perfect, her expression perfect. There was one picture that was slightly silly - she was holding a child and her mouth was gaping in kind of a silly way - but that's it. When I think of other women, they'll post pictures like them kayaking, biking, etc., where they certainly don't look "pretty", but I don't see any of her like that. I've never in my life heard of a bride and groom dressing in their wedding garb AGAIN, the day after the wedding, for a long photo shoot. Never. But this is her thing. She wants to see herself as perfect looking, and she's willing to put some real effort into it.

So at this point she would certainly actually look frightening, which is something she's never probably ever felt before. That her looks were horrifying.

And on that note, she's keeping to herself.

IMHO.

Indeed, I'm quite familiar with I5 - grew up in WA and lived in CA several times :) Even traveled it at all hours of the night and day during moves & visits to friends and family. WAY less traffic at 4-5 in the morning than at any other time of day. Meaning, way less pings to cross ref with the towers near her abduction site.

There is a lot of "big rig" traffic through that corridor of I-5.

Just got myself up to date and now there's a presser coming... I'll need some matchsticks for my eyes at this rate; they can't keep up!

For sanity sake, I hope we get more information. Although I have more faith than others that LE are doing their jobs and doing them well. I think any disappointment in the release of information from KP was just that - as they said, they've got through other testing times during the investigation. I don't think KP did anything to hinder the investigation willingly.

Let's hope the presser gives us more to go on with some full facts.

I found it interesting that the investigators said they were looking at other cases across the country for similarities. If they knew it was personal, I don't see any reason they'd need to do that. Combined with the branding being labeled a message, the former FBI agent they interviewed mentioning the branding might be a way to make her one of them, and mentioned it potentially being a group that has "extremist thinking" - I almost wonder if it could be some kind of cult, or extremist political group.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-mom-sherri-papini-message-burned-skin-sick/story?id=43869060

What about her own wishes? Cause even a parent willing to disregard Sherri's wishes at this point would be a pretty terrible person IMO.

IIRC, in her press conference her sister was asked if she had seen her, she answered.

"Reporter: Have you seen her, and if so, could you describe the reunion, what that was like?
Sheila: I’ve seen her and it was a very joyous reunion and we were just very very excited to see one another."

I'm sorry I'm not able to bring link from article, can someone help me out.

JMHO .... I suspect her parents have seen/been with her.

Who said she wasn't raped? The sheriff said he wasn't going to comment on that. That answer alone raises suspicions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to figure out what "fully raped" is.................either a victim is raped or a victim isn't . There's no partial......

Indeed, I'm quite familiar with I5 - grew up in WA and lived in CA several times :) Even traveled it at all hours of the night and day during moves & visits to friends and family. WAY less traffic at 4-5 in the morning than at any other time of day. Meaning, way less pings to cross ref with the towers near her abduction site.
One thing to keep in mind is that SP was found during the busiest travel period of the year. The traffic everywhere at all hours would have been above normal just because of all the extra travellers on the roads. That said, the Thanksgiving travel period is also one of the times of the year where there is also an increased presence of law enforcement on and along the highways.

Can someone please post a link showing that SP has not seen her parents? The only reference I was able to find was sent via text from her dad to People and could even be excerpts taken from a larger conversation. Surely they do know more than the media does, which IMO shows not everything is as it appears in this statement. But even if they haven't seen her yet, for whatever reasons, they are also victims and it's not my place to judge what others do in situations I can't even begin to imagine.

The father of Sherri Papini, the California mom who mysteriously vanished for three weeks before being found along a rural road on Thanksgiving Day, spoke out about the case to PEOPLE via text message.

“My wife and I are so thankful to have Sherri back,” Richard Graeff writes. “We have talked to Sherri a few times. Didn’t get into details on the case, just wanted to hear her voice. We don’t know anything more than you do. She needs time to heal. Thank you.”

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papinis-father-speaks-out-she-needs-time-to-heal/

Very word salady.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes! I can't believe Word Salad has not been mentioned in this case yet. Post of the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few interesting points about the investigation related to out of state activity and warrants from Sac Bee this morning:

Before Papini was found, investigators said they had spoken with her friends and acquaintances, as well as “people Sherri has had past relationships with” in their efforts to find her. Investigators said they went out of state tracking leads. Detectives have submitted close to 20 search warrants – some of which are sealed – and said they’re examining cellphone records, bank accounts, email and social media profiles.
Investigators have declined to discuss what prompted them to file the search warrants or why detectives have traveled out of state. Bosenko said Wednesday that detectives traveled to Michigan as part of their investigation when she was still missing, but he said that so far none of those earlier leads appear linked to her abduction.
“We haven’t found any relevance relating to her abduction into things from her past or the search of electronic data,” Bosenko said. “We haven’t found anything at this point.”

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117934978.html

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117934978.html#storylink=cpy

What/who the heck is in Michigan?

I agree -- there would be fewer pings at that time compared to later in the day, certainly! -- but still many, many of them to sort through. Traffic on I-5 is never what one would call light; it is constant.

Respectfully, I'm also very familiar with I-5 and have lived within 10 minutes of it all my life (currently, I live a mile away from it in a small city in Northern WA). My husband and I have pretty much worn our own groove in it over the years on road trips and I've been through (and stayed in) Redding a number of times. :)

And actually, very likely more pings that particular day - even at 4-5 am - than almost any other normal Thursday 4ish am day.

After all, it was early Thanksgiving morning.

That means people who were needing to drive a longer distance to get somewhere but had to leave after work Wednesday and/or who couldn't leave till after work Wednesday but didn't want to get caught up in the notorious Thanksgiving Wednesday mess so leave early on Thanksgiving Day, would have added some additional transit traffic that isn't par for the course normally that time of day on a random Thursday.

It'd also mean the probability of sifting through far more than usual pings that aren't 'routine' travelers through the area even just all of Wednesday and Thursday (say had they had SP in the area and just been waiting for a time to drop her when they weren't likely to be spotted or something)

Pings from any other day of the week at the 4-5 time frame, and any other Thursday, specifically, during that time, you're likely to see a fair number of consistent ones that are locals who regularly drive that route, etc., decreasing the odds they're relevant if you cross check and see that person's pings multiple days in a row during the time window, etc.

With that being a holiday for most anyone, the number of expected local/regular pings during an 'expected' hour for them are likely to NOT be present (b/c they're home sleeping or already left for the holiday - NOT going to work etc) while the ones that ARE there are likely to be higher in number than the random 'transit' pings of people just traveling through than they already are.

(If what I'm trying to say makes sense)

Major holiday = really out of the ordinary (in users and volume) cell ping list to sort through that particular day is my cliff notes of what I mean :)

Well we don't KNOW that. We also didn't know that they buds appeared to be PLACED atop the phone. We really don't know much of anything.

It was released today that the phone and earbuds were placed.

So what is LE going to announce at this presser? Thoughts?
Either nothing new...or a bombshell.
Hopefully though I would like a better description of the kidnappers.

Maybe, she has been through so much and is in a mental crisis right now. Maybe she doesn't want anyone to see her the way she is. I know for sure that if that was me, I wouldn't want my children or parents to see me in that state. I would want to wait till I am mentally and physically prepared for them and myself. I really don't think that commenting on the reasons some family members haven't seen her yet is relevant at all.

I am leaning towards this being random. Maybe someone saw her at a gas station, the gym, any errand we all make, and fixated on her. Maybe they followed her home and lay in wait for the perfect chance to snatch her. It would take just a few days to learn her daily routine. Maybe they realized she does this run at a certain time of day on the same route and waited at the most secluded spot of that route. I am also thinking it was trafficking. I think that many people think that the monsters that do these things are living in these slums doing drugs all day and so comb they these supposed slums for prey. When in reality they live regular lives as us- doing food shopping, going to gym- work in regular jobs. Wonder if they recently were having work done or landscaping done on their home or if a neighbor was having some kind of work done. People who have these types of jobs can very easily gain knowledge of all living in the neighborhoods routines.

Maybe not so much, though, for County Road 17, where she was actually dropped off?

Right. But we don't know whether from the end of CR 17 pings off the same tower as I-5 traffic passing through that area.

Either nothing new...or a bombshell.
Hopefully though I would like a better description of the kidnappers.

He said he was hoping to be able to release a composite soon. That would be wonderful.

"appeared to be placed". the transcript is in caps, I didn't cap the words...sorry this is long I didn't want to edit...

http://media.snappytv.com/captions/928000/488p488/2016-11-30T12-31-53.033Z--164.067.mp4.srt

AFTER SHE WAS ABDUCTED, HER

00:02:02,000 --> 00:02:04,432
PHONE WAS DISCOVERED ABOUT A
MILE AWAY FROM HER HOME.
00:02:04,566 --> 00:02:07,499
BUT WHEN IT WAS FOUND, IT SEEMED
CAREFULLY PLACED ON THE GROUND,
00:02:07,633 --> 00:02:12,165
NOT LOST IN A STRUGGLE.
>> IT APPEARED THAT IT HAD BEEN
00:02:12,299 --> 00:02:16,932
SET IN SOME GRASS WITH THE
SCREEN FACING UP, AND THEN THE
00:02:17,066 --> 00:02:24,532
EAR BUDS TO THE PHONE WERE
LOOSELY COILED AND APPEARED TO
00:02:24,666 --> 00:02:27,732
BE PLACED ON THE SCREEN.
IT DID SOMEWHAT APPEAR TO BE
00:02:27,866 --> 00:02:29,799
THAT IT WAS PLACED THERE
PURPOSELY.

Can someone please post a link showing that SP has not seen her parents? The only reference I was able to find was sent via text from her dad to People and could even be excerpts taken from a larger conversation. Surely they do know more than the media does, which IMO shows not everything is as it appears in this statement. But even if they haven't seen her yet, for whatever reasons, they are also victims and it's not my place to judge what others do in situations I can't even begin to imagine.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papinis-father-speaks-out-she-needs-time-to-heal/

Excellent points, all. I interpreted "hear her voice" to preclude them having seen her, but not necessarily a fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member