Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I knew you, and saw these things, it would bother me and I would want to correct the record. :rose:

ETA: missgulfsouth

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7chic...about-wifes-kidnapping/1634557/?client=safari
This says her nose was broke when they pushed her out of the vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone said earlier that this could have caused the bleeding too. I'm wondering about the conflicting info about her hair. Maybe the kidnappers chopped it off but left some long strands and it was shaved at the hospital because of injuries? That would explain the chopped off and shaved comments KP keeps making.

Hi february29 and atothem,

The one you (atothem) are referencing ("...pretty scenery, white and blue striped tank top") is in large what the local tv station KRCR TV Channel 7 was using initially. IMO it was the very first one they came across to get out that she was missing. I don't feel there was any ill intent.

The "missing person" flyers that were printed out by the hundreds and LARGE billboards placed around, made by a local (Redding, CA) print shop was a more recent photo - IMO. These were put up all around the area -- put up with "T" posts (the large ones), on bill boards, and for windows...was not "that" picture (pretty scenery one) -- it was one with her hair up...in a bun-like hair-do, little to no make-up, close up of her smiling, and it looked like she was in a "running" top -- pink. I thought, when I first saw the flyers, that this is more what Sherri looked like the day she went missing. Such as this picture (link following).

https://www.google.com/search?q=Fin...hXBCSwKHTr7Af0Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=yqmyOFsD29P5QM:

And as the case grew, bigger and bigger, others chose which picture(s) they wanted to put out there. This was, IMO, in order to make her story personal to the public (and it very well worked -- thank GOODNESS). So very happy that Sherri has been found.

Absolutely...IMO.

I keep hearing:
KP's statement is too flowery! Why do you assume he wrote it himself?

KP's statement jeopardizes the investigation! Confirming the CHP heavily battered report and adding the one detail of the branding changes very little. Sheriff Bosenko even has elaborated on the branding instead of "can not confirm or deny due to ongoing investigation" Keith discussing how SP flagged down motorists has no more value to the investigation than what she had for breakfast yesterday.

No mention of seeking vengeance from KP! Why would KP want to publicly state that when he has a family possibly in further danger from the kidnappers and/or their associates. As far as I know SP has complied completely with LE interrogation requests and the Sheriff has stated he has no reason not to believe her comments. What more can SP or KP do to bring the perps to justice?

This case is one big red flag! Perhaps so but only if you discount the statements made by SP,KP, and LE, which many of you are doing. SP was abducted while jogging. Her husband did not murder or kidnap her as many of you earlier speculated. She was held for over 3 weeks and was tortured and who knows what else. She was finally released, likely because of all the media attention and the reward being offered by family and CG/anonymous donor.

Inconveniently for many, and despite their desire for political correctness, Sherri's abductors were apparently hispanic. The most likely motive for abduction remains either sex trafficking or possibly but less likely sexual gratification of the two female hispanic perpetrators. I've seen no actual evidence that this was a hate crime. I've seen no evidence that either SP or KP were involved in any extramarital affairs. I've seen no evidence of family wrong-doing that would elicit SP's abduction and punishment.

He also expressed "extreme happiness" and "relief" upon first seeing her. As a man and a human I also would feel sick at seeing my wife abused like that

Not even if she was alive and you thought she had been dead? Abused but alive would make me initially thrilled in a way, the face of the alternative. And he did describe being horrified by what he saw.

For anyone having that weird formatting thing where the space bar doesn't work, I hit the double A at the top left hand corner of the icons in the reply bar, before posting, and it fixes that.

I thought I was the only one!

Not a rhetorical question...I only asked because I was trying to relate that true fact to 'facts we know about this case' (eg. was the flyer maybe in SP's mailbox that afternoon, the mailbox being quite close to where her iPhone was found apparently placed in the grass).

Sad that her case has received so little attention. :(
It is very sad that her case is not recieving more attention...

For anyone having that weird formatting thing where the space bar doesn't work, I hit the double A at the top left hand corner of the icons in the reply bar, before posting, and it fixes that.

I thought I was the only one!

Yay! Thank you! I was going crazy!!

Not even if she was alive and you thought she had been dead? Abused but alive would make me initially thrilled in a way, the face of the alternative. And he did describe being horrified by what he saw.

Agree. He was both happy and horrified IMO. As a man you feel you are the protector of your wife and kids. JMO but he was elated she was home and alive but sick about the abuse he was seeing and had not been there to protect her from

Im still very curious about the Will you be home for lunch text!

5 with a side of 3
and
A, is the closet for motivating factors although I would defer to an H: None of the Above, against TOS.

Yes, I think we're on the same page...and I also voted for that "H." (Hoping with 2 votes, now, it'll maybe get added to the poll?)

"Originally Posted by oblios
I haven't posted on this case yet but I suspect there may be a link to illegal grow operations. A couple articles mentioned she sometimes worked in Humboldt but didn't say where. Someone noticed her there and took a fancy to her, or she did something dumb like stealing money or product and this is payback."

This is an interesting theory! I hadn't heard about the Humboldt connection, but this whole thing reeks of payback for something.

Does anyone know what Sherri did for work? Even if she wasn't working at the time of her abduction, what did she do before kids?

Inconveniently for many, and despite their desire for political correctness, Sherri's abductors were apparently hispanic. The most likely motive for abduction remains either sex trafficking or possibly but less likely sexual gratification of the two female hispanic perpetrators. I've seen no actual evidence that this was a hate crime. I've seen no evidence that either SP or KP were involved in any extramarital affairs. I've seen no evidence of family wrong-doing that would elicit SP's abduction and punishment.

[/I]

I hear you saying that you have seen no evidence this is a hate crime or that either spouse was having an affair outside of the marriage. Have you seen evidence that this was trafficking or sexual gratification?

Picking a theory and then making whatever facts we have stick... that's not how investigation works.

It was several pages ago and I can't find it....but someone asked about if there was any reward offered for the apprehension of SP's assailants.

This is the only one I can find---$10,000 from the organization Secret Witness of Shasta County.
https://scsecretwitness.com/category/current-rewards/

I have not seen anything about any other rewards offered since she was recovered, and nothing about the money or the "ransom" money being redirected to an award for tips leading to the assailants. If someone else has, I would love to see a link. Thanks

Maybe that is why she was coughing blood.
Aww, how awful

So we have a broken nose, spitting up blood, burns, a rash, extensive bruising in various stages of resolution, and a weight loss of 13-18 lbs. She's checked out at the hospital and not admitted so apparently when they did her lab work, everything must have checked out sufficiently and she did not require IV fluids to hydrate her, no need for any electrolytes, no need for any glucose, no need to culture and/or treat the rash or wounds. All the lab work up (and probably x-rays) showed she was good to go. That's just dog gone amazing considering all that trauma and the drastic weight loss.

I don't understand pushing your thoughts and beliefs onto others.
No one knows what happened if they did there would be an arrest. Nothing in this case is black and white

Yes she was kidnapped. Yes she was battered and branded.
We don't why or by who.
Some crazy man could have seen her buying a candy bar 2 weeks ago ... we just don't know.
So please stop making others feel bad because they don't agree with you

I keep hearing:
KP's statement is too flowery! Why do you assume he wrote it himself?
<snipped for reference>

I would assume he wrote it himself because:

1. It has the ring of an irate, emotionally involved husband
2. He didn't give credit for it to anyone but himself (presented it as 'his' statement)
3. IMO, this was written by NO professional writer...

Giving an exclusive interview to 20/20 not even a week after she is found, while there are still more questions than answers? I think KP's relationship to LE has become adversarial

That's what I say saying in my post. He hires a negotiator without consulting LE, offers ransom, and then gives out information LE doesn't. Pretty sure they don't see eye to eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member