Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a broken nose, spitting up blood, burns, a rash, extensive bruising in various stages of resolution, and a weight loss of 13-18 lbs. She's checked out at the hospital and not admitted so apparently when they did her lab work, everything must have checked out sufficiently and she did not require IV fluids to hydrate her, no need for any electrolytes, no need for any glucose, no need to culture and/or treat the rash or wounds. All the lab work up (and probably x-rays) showed she was good to go. That's just dog gone amazing considering all that trauma and the drastic weight loss.

maybe she was just moved from one hospital to another!

"Originally Posted by oblios
I haven't posted on this case yet but I suspect there may be a link to illegal grow operations. A couple articles mentioned she sometimes worked in Humboldt but didn't say where. Someone noticed her there and took a fancy to her, or she did something dumb like stealing money or product and this is payback."

This is an interesting theory! I hadn't heard about the Humboldt connection, but this whole thing reeks of payback for something.

Does anyone know what Sherri did for work? Even if she wasn't working at the time of her abduction, what did she do before kids?

No, I'd be interested to know that. In a press conference her sister was asked if Sherri is employed and the sister said she didn't have an answer to that question.

Giving an exclusive interview to 20/20 not even a week after she is found, while there are still more questions than answers? I think KP's relationship to LE has become adversarial

I think Sheriff Bosenko categorizing SP's injuries as being comparable to a sprained ankle lit the fuse. <modsnip>

"Originally Posted by oblios
I haven't posted on this case yet but I suspect there may be a link to illegal grow operations. A couple articles mentioned she sometimes worked in Humboldt but didn't say where. Someone noticed her there and took a fancy to her, or she did something dumb like stealing money or product and this is payback."

This is an interesting theory! I hadn't heard about the Humboldt connection, but this whole thing reeks of payback for something.

Does anyone know what Sherri did for work? Even if she wasn't working at the time of her abduction, what did she do before kids?

There is a blog post dated 11/7/16 about two Humboldt County women who do search and rescue there. One of them gave unverified information about Sherri's occupation a few years ago. Since it's probably against TOS to quote or link, you can google "kymkemp" "Aurora Studebaker" and "Diana Totten" and you should find the article.

So we have a broken nose, spitting up blood, burns, a rash, extensive bruising in various stages of resolution, and a weight loss of 13-18 lbs. She's checked out at the hospital and not admitted so apparently when they did her lab work, everything must have checked out sufficiently and she did not require IV fluids to hydrate her, no need for any electrolytes, no need for any glucose, no need to culture and/or treat the rash or wounds. All the lab work up (and probably x-rays) showed she was good to go. That's just dog gone amazing considering all that trauma and the drastic weight loss.

Or she checked herself out, which she has every right to do. Are you suggesting her injuries were not as grave as KP made them sound?

I would assume he wrote it himself because:

1. It has the ring of an irate, emotionally involved husband
2. He didn't give credit for it to anyone but himself (presented it as 'his' statement).
3. Not sure how to say this politely...but this was written by NO professional writer...no way, no how...

Also, the wedding blog mentioned that KP presented SP with a box of letters that she had written to him in eighth grade. I get the sense that he's sentimental, in touch with his emotions, and knows how to string a sentence together. (As an editor/writer, I'll agree that it's not stellar writing, but it is fairly well done.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I say saying in my post. He hires a negotiator without consulting LE, offers ransom, and then gives out information LE doesn't. Pretty sure they don't see eye to eye.

KP did not hire the negotiator. The anonymous donor did. The only information which KP has given which was not previously released by LE that I'm aware of is the branding, which the Sheriff, while criticizing KP for doing so, went and expanded upon himself revealing even more about it.

Just curious of the injuries were mostly from the push from the car.

The branding, of course, would be an injury from sometime during the three weeks, and the weight loss as well.

And the hair cutting? Could be from the three weeks and/or at the hospital.

It's clear SP has gone through an ordeal, but the timeline is still unclear. I suppose it might be for awhile.

jmopinion

While I have had my doubts about this case, I do like to play devil's advocate to see how the other half lives. So here goes.

What if Sherri went straight from the public hospital to a private rehab facility, or some other private setting with doctor/nursing care brought in to tend to her? We really don't know where she's been. Even LE said their interview with her was at an undisclosed location.

If her story is accurate, a public hospital was not where she needed to spend much time. Could be suffering PTSD, so all the hustle and bustle would not be good. I'd want as calm and serene a setting as possible. Plus there's the security risk of being in a public hospital, both from media and from the abductors.

As for Keith, I have no problem with him getting his story out there. LE certainly wasn't doing it for him. I think there is more good than bad that comes out of telling his family's side, as long as he keeps certain things under wraps. It always amazes me that spouses who speak get vilified, but then the same thing happens when we don't hear from them.

I would assume he wrote it himself because:

1. It has the ring of an irate, emotionally involved husband
2. He didn't give credit for it to anyone but himself (presented it as 'his' statement).
3. IMO, this was written by NO professional writer...

None of which excludes someone, possibly a family member, from assisting in its preparation and adding prose that does not sound like KP.

To be fair, hospital staff my have hydrated her with IV fluids and possibly added electrolytes to the IV fluid if indicated. They also most likely treated and cultured any wounds that SP had. She was also likely fed when they felt she was stable so unless she has an underlying condition that affects her blood sugar, her glucose level should have been normal. It can take up to 3 days to get results back from standard cultures. She will be notified if antibiotics are needed. It's also possible they sent her home on antibiotics for her injuries.

If it were me, I would want nothing more than to go home.

I keep hearing:
KP's statement is too flowery! Why do you assume he wrote it himself?

KP's statement jeopardizes the investigation! Confirming the CHP heavily battered report and adding the one detail of the branding changes very little. Sheriff Bosenko even has elaborated on the branding instead of "can not confirm or deny due to ongoing investigation" Keith discussing how SP flagged down motorists has no more value to the investigation than what she had for breakfast yesterday.

No mention of seeking vengeance from KP! Why would KP want to publicly state that when he has a family possibly in further danger from the kidnappers and/or their associates. As far as I know SP has complied completely with LE interrogation requests and the Sheriff has stated he has no reason not to believe her comments. What more can SP or KP do to bring the perps to justice?

This case is one big red flag! Perhaps so but only if you discount the statements made by SP,KP, and LE, which many of you are doing. SP was abducted while jogging. Her husband did not murder or kidnap her as many of you earlier speculated. She was held for over 3 weeks and was tortured and who knows what else. She was finally released, likely because of all the media attention and the reward being offered by family and CG/anonymous donor.

Inconveniently for many, and despite their desire for political correctness, Sherri's abductors were apparently hispanic. The most likely motive for abduction remains either sex trafficking or possibly but less likely sexual gratification of the two female hispanic perpetrators. I've seen no actual evidence that this was a hate crime. I've seen no evidence that either SP or KP were involved in any extramarital affairs. I've seen no evidence of family wrong-doing that would elicit SP's abduction and punishment.

To add to your post- KP took a lie detector test and passed. I'm sure there were several questions asked about Sherri's disappearance, including if he had ANY involvement in it, whether he knows who did it, whether he set it up, whether it was a hoax- the list goes on and on. They don't just ask the spouse if they killed their wife. They give a very thorough test.

What does it even mean Tcash?

I googled it and can't see much but what looks like an indonesian electronic money service

It also looks to be the currency ina game called Dragon Nest

That's what I say saying in my post. He hires a negotiator without consulting LE, offers ransom, and then gives out information LE doesn't. Pretty sure they don't see eye to eye.
I've been taking a closer look at their pinterest boards and I think the reason for this can be found there. Especially his. I'm not sure if my opinion violates tos or not, so I'll just leave it at that.

&#10084;

Hi february29 and atothem,

The one you (atothem) are referencing ("...pretty scenery, white and blue striped tank top") is in large what the local tv station KRCR TV Channel 7 was using initially. IMO it was the very first one they came across to get out that she was missing. I don't feel there was any ill intent.

The "missing person" flyers that were printed out by the hundreds and LARGE billboards placed around, made by a local (Redding, CA) print shop was a more recent photo - IMO. These were put up all around the area -- put up with "T" posts (the large ones), on bill boards, and for windows...was not "that" picture (pretty scenery one) -- it was one with her hair up...in a bun-like hair-do, little to no make-up, close up of her smiling, and it looked like she was in a "running" top -- pink. I thought, when I first saw the flyers, that this is more what Sherri looked like the day she went missing. Such as this picture (link following).

https://www.google.com/search?q=Fin...hXBCSwKHTr7Af0Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=yqmyOFsD29P5QM:

And as the case grew, bigger and bigger, others chose which picture(s) they wanted to put out there. This was, IMO, in order to make her story personal to the public (and it very well worked -- thank GOODNESS). So very happy that Sherri has been found.

Absolutely...IMO.
You say you "thought" that looks more like Sherri, do you know her?

Im still very curious about the Will you be home for lunch text!
When Keith described the events of the day of Sherri's disappearance, he expressed alarm about several things. The text message was not one of them. Unless he says more about it, I tend to think the text was not out of the ordinary.

maybe she was just moved from one hospital to another!

The statement said treated and released---not treated at a local hospital and transferred. Maybe she was transferred-----nothing else that's been released has seemed to be true so what the heck.

One theory I have is that Sherri may have insisted that she be released against medical advice. Maybe she just wanted to go home! It's also possible that her insurance would not cover admittance unless absolutely necessary.

We only know about her medical condition and injuries via KP. Medical personnel cannot make details known because of HIPAA laws. KP can say whatever he wants and official sources can't refute or confirm because of privacy laws.

I think Sheriff Bosenko categorizing SP's injuries as being comparable to a sprained ankle lit the fuse. <modsnip>

<modsnip> For what it's worth, my understanding of the "sprained ankle" comment was not that it was a comparison of injuries, but an explanation of why SP was not admitted to the hospital. As with a sprained ankle, no surgery is required, just treatment and home for bed rest with meds and instructions. JMO

Abduction, beatings, cutting of hair and branding/tattooing are common in sex trafficking cases. So yes there is evidence supporting that theory unlike many other theories being espoused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist