Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for starters, I would like to see LE lay out specific steps the local community needs to do for protection. Instead, he does the opposite which is to say that they need not do anything beyond normal safety precautions. Excuse me, but this is a potentially very dangerous situation and EXTRA SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ARE VERY CRITICAL!!! The media should stop hyperfocusing on KP and SP's injuries and instead focus on the perps (even if limited info is available). Despite limited info, it would be critical to keep the alert status up, not on KP and SP.

It will be interesting to see if Keith expresses any concern for public safety in his interview tonight. If it could happen to Sherri, it could happen to anyone.

The reporter in that segment began talking about SP's reported injuries. He started to warn the audience (that there might be graphic content) and then said "never mind, we won't be showing pictures".

Did they *have* pictures, or was he simply so used to making that comment in similar cases that he started to make the warning automatically?
I wondered that as well.

There are not many basements in California. I haven't ever seen one here actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same thought. They are pretty rare in that area near the river. More common is what they call a "delta basement" really a sort of half story basement designed in the 19th century to help home owners weather flooding without damage. They are most common in the Sac area. Like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=del...+district+vintage+house&imgrc=6mmGMPH4B9ubeM:

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

The media is the "they" I was referring to.

Meanwhile they give little to no coverage of the many other mothers who bad things happen to, who go missing or are murdered, simply based on what they look like or how much money they have.

Yes indeed, the world is vastly unfair. Pretty women and handsome men are definitely treated differently by not only the media, but by many who encounter them in their day-to-day lives. A very pretty blonde woman who is a mom and beloved and missing and is described in glowing terms is media catnip.

I swear I'm convinced at this point that if KP confessed to being behind the whole thing, there would people that were think he was lying about that too, and then tear apart his confession to prove it. I mean, I totally GET we all have questions and that things genuinely do not add up, but I have never seen SO many people nit-pick every stinking word of a victim.

Now, as the investigation proceeds and IF it turns out things are not exactly the way they've been portrayed, I'll be lining up to hear exactly why so many assumed the way they did. But for NOW, KP is in fact still supposed to be considered a victim here, on this victim-friendly forum that we all appreciate so much.

moo.

You have such a nice way of saying what I am thinking. Thank you for that!

I hope we find out more about the previous 21 days and not just the night she was dropped off. There are many specific details about that but not much about where she was kept, her captors, did the SUV already have a chain system when she was abducted, etc. Was she trafficked? Children are scared. People need answers.

la_cavalière;12974324 said:
I live in a city neighborhood of Sacramento, about 20 miles from where Sherri was dropped off. We have a quarter basement in our 1929 Tudor, and many of our neighbors have full basements. Quite a few pre-WWII homes have basements here.

Thank you! Good to know!

Curious what everyone's take is on two women driving around with masks on...or bananas that cover their eyes. The Sheriff never verified the "bag", and he was asked directly.

Just curious how she was never able to see more than eyebrows and hair at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Oh no! Y'all opened the thread when I'm hosting a Christmas Party at my home!!! You know I'm a die hard when I peek in just to check....it's a sickness! I'll try to catch up here later. ;)

Real life happens, scan posts on every other page, lol. It works.

I hope this thread stays open for awhile. I know there are differing opinions but this is the most messed up and confusing case I've ever followed. JMO

I'm going to back up to Day 1. KP didn't take the kids to daycare. So can we assume she did? Meaning she drove. But the Sheriff never described her car or asked anyone if they had seen it. Its always bugged me.

Could she have had a driving altercation with these women, been followed home? The Sheriff said she wasn't seen on any video. Not even dropping the kids off and coming home? Could they have had Trump stickers on the car or at the house? Or were words exchanged? Or they just didn't like the way she looked?

I think she was abducted, by strangers. I think it appears not to add up because this was so stupidly random that there are no logical explanations.

At some point they realized they had to kill her or let her die or let her go. I think they took a chance that they could let her go, 150 miles away and not get caught.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Oh no! Y'all opened the thread when I'm hosting a Christmas Party at my home!!! You know I'm a die hard when I peek in just to check....it's a sickness! I'll try to catch up here later. ;)

Have fun tonight! :santahat::martini:

In many of the threads on this case, including this one as recently as tonight, posters debate whether this is a real crime with real victims or a victimless hoax.

I think, just my opinion, it is a hoax with real victims.

Here is my list of victims:

1. A young father and husband who fell under--and remains under, as he parades through the media limelight--the sway of a charismatic and histrionic manipulator and showman.

2. A young mother and wife who either [a] fell under the sway of the same cult-like leader, or was the victim of a scheme to which her husband was a party, even as he himself was a victim. Either way, [a] or , she sustained horrifying physical and emotional injuries.

3. Their children.

4. Shasta Cty LE, whose investigations have been sabotaged and whose time and resources have been wasted.

5. Legitimate anti-trafficking and anti-violence-against-women organizations, who will find it harder to raise funds in the future.

6. Future real victims of real kidnappings, whose stories might be met with disbelief.

I hope we find out more about the previous 21 days and not just the night she was dropped off. There are many specific details about that but not much about where she was kept, her captors, did the SUV already have a chain system when she was abducted, etc. Was she trafficked? Children are scared. People need answers.

I agree, however I would really hope that LE would have that info before 20/20 revealing it. Just my opinion.

Is it me or does most of what is talked about in relation to SP is 'looks" related? She is a beautiful woman, no doubt. But, beauty is not clear skin, and long locks. There are many women who bear scars and marks that have an outer beauty that matches their inner beauty. Flaws and scars are not less than, they just are. I wish the focus would shift. I hope if she is permanently scarred in some way that all who know her and love her can get beyond the focus of her physicality. The news and everyone should get some perspective here--she is alive, she can be a great mother and partner, her signature looks are not the sum total of her.

I say this from some experience. I had an accident that caused me some facial disfigurement and the need for a series of plastic surgeries. I look good now-- but not the way I did before. It was a humbling but, ultimately, a good thing. The focus on her hair and the bruises and the scabs and, and, and.... is not the way to help her heal and continue to love herself. I wish her peace and healing.

Sorry for the rant.

I'm very sorry for what you went through with your accident. With all respect, can you imagine if after your accident the world-wide media and thousands of people who had not seen you post-accident were doubting how serious your injuries were and claiming you must have done it to yourself on purpose for attention or some other unknown motive. And people were calling your relatives and asking if those rumors about you were true or not...What would your loved ones do? IMO, there is nothing wrong with the way KP defended his wife by describing her real injuries. He was answering critiques who said she had only minor injuries and LE who had used an analogy of a sprained ankle when talking about her release from the ER. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978