Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a broken nose, spitting up blood, burns, a rash, extensive bruising in various stages of resolution, and a weight loss of 13-18 lbs. She's checked out at the hospital and not admitted so apparently when they did her lab work, everything must have checked out sufficiently and she did not require IV fluids to hydrate her, no need for any electrolytes, no need for any glucose, no need to culture and/or treat the rash or wounds. All the lab work up (and probably x-rays) showed she was good to go. That's just dog gone amazing considering all that trauma and the drastic weight loss.

I am not sure where I stand on this case but I do have thoughts about what you posted.

Sherri's wounds were physical and emotion/psychological. If after being seen by medical personnel and it was determined there was no other treatments needed-- setting her nose, washing her wounds, shots of antibiotics,-- the doctors may have given her a choice, by all accounts the first choice she had in weeks, what she wanted to do. Did she want to be admitted or released? I am sure they had a bed for her if she needed one. It was the holiday and getting home and a sense of normalcy might have been way more appealing than being in the hospital where almost any treatment beyond emergency issues would not have been carried out--casting a broken limb, stitches, you know-things that need to be cared for on that day in that time. A broken nose is often not set the same day anymore but rather they wait for less swelling and a plastic surgeon. The other wounds, including the branding, have not emergent issues unless there is infection. I would guess that the most important factor that day after knowing she was not in need of immediate care was the psychological care she needed. She may have gone to another facility but I doubt it. She had follow-up appointments on Monday with, I assume, her doctor.

My biggest hope for this woman is that she get mental health care to stave off PTSD and depression. No matter how this happened, she has been through a helluva lot.

The more I read, the more confused I become.

A polygraph test for SP? That seems like an adversarial way to treat a victim.

The article also says the phone was found alongside "Mountain Gate Trail" which is an actual trail, yes? So she was snatched away from a road?

KP said she jogs that trail as a regular routine to the mailboxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely do not understand the problem with the phrase "signature" long hair. That is exactly the way I would describe it. It takes a fair bit of work to maintain such long hair, and it's in every picture. It's clearly remarkable. I'm just baffled as to why people would have a problem with that phrase, frankly.

And the most available photos of her were initially her wedding photos from 2009. It's entirely natural that they would get a lot of exposure. There are also quite a number of photos of her with her kids, which are obviously recent. Again, I'm baffled as to why people think this is significant.

And while I'm at it, the woman who zoomed by her at 70 miles per hour. Who cares what she said? It's irrelevant. Unreliable witness. Multiple LE were there. There's no way they don't know how long her hair was.

My take on the "signature long hair" is that most likely, in the circle of people KP & SP hang out with, she's probably known as the "gal with great hair." Women tend to have specific things they identify about other women, like that they are a "fashionable dresser" or have "great shoes". A good friend of mine tends to dress and accessorize in animal prints and that's a fashion trend I would associate to her. So, anyway, I don't find it off and I think that's kind of where KP was going with that phrase.

Curious, I'd love to see a show of hands of all those who had to actually DO LIFE today and seriously do not have the time or the sanity left, to actually read every single post in the last thread and the new thread, before you just skipped to "last page".

I know I'm not the only one. Right? :thinking:

I'm so embarrassed to say that I read every single post. I got up, got my kids off to school, showered quickly, went to a job interview [emoji51], came home ordered pizza [emoji23], and then spent the evening catching up. My poor children [emoji53]

:wave: yep. I try to hit every few pages or so in case something happened in the middle..but yeah... First, middle and last... Just like high school book reports.

Does WS provide Cliff Notes versions of the threads? Worked in High School.😚

Those aren't sketches. Just a graphic for a news article.

I'm surprised, by the way, that more isn't being made here of the fact that the descriptions are highly unlikely. Every feature of the two perps is opposite? C'mon.

Have to wonder if the description of the perps isn't going to change.

This story would make so much more sense if the perp was a lone male.

BBM

I know. Just a bit of levity with just a smidgen of sarcasm. [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The more I read, the more confused I become.

A polygraph test for SP? That seems like an adversarial way to treat a victim.

The article also says the phone was found alongside "Mountain Gate Trail" which is an actual trail, yes? So she was snatched away from a road?

Quick google search finds crime victims are sometimes subjected to polygraphs. Especially in sexual assault cases.

Curious, I'd love to see a show of hands of all those who had to actually DO LIFE today and seriously do not have the time or the sanity left, to actually read every single post in the last thread and the new thread, before you just skipped to "last page".
I know I'm not the only one. Right? :thinking:

*raising hand, but not claiming sanity*

(I always start at "last page" and skim backwards 3-4 pages. Then "last page" all over again, and skim 3-4 pgs backwards. Rinse; repeat. I gave up reading ALL the pages after the Missy Bevers threads.)

My take on the "signature long hair" is that most likely, in the circle of people KP & SP hang out with, she's probably known as the "gal with great hair." Women tend to have specific things they identify about other women, like that they are a "fashionable dresser" or have "great shoes". A good friend of mine tends to dress and accessorize in animal prints and that's a fashion trend I would associate to her. So, anyway, I don't find it off and I think that's kind of where KP was going with that phrase.

Good guess. I was picturing the same thing.

I cannot tell... but the 'source' may refer to the photos. Source on the other pics says 'supplied'

Yes, I've noticed that wording on non-captioned photos on that website. It has to do with the photo source.

I agree. A girl I went to school with had hair just like hers. It's how I always remember her, people referred to her, and she still has it quite long. She would wear it down and I would say it's kind of was her "signature" look. It is immediately what I thought of when I saw that phrase/quote and I haven't talked to the woman in 10+ years.

Quick google search finds crime victims are sometimes subjected to polygraphs. Especially in sexual assault cases.

Which may be one reason sexual assault victims can be so hesitant to report. Sigh. That makes me sad. I get it on some level, I guess, but still. I've said it many times, but after going through an official rape kit and investigation, I would be terrified to report it if it happened again.

I agree about the polygraph for SP. The more I research this case the more of a victim she becomes in my eyes. If they really did give her a polygraph, no wonder KP and LE don't seem to be cooperating. That is VERY concerning. I'm hoping that's just a case of bad reporting and there's no truth to it.

If she did take a polygraph test I'm hoping it's because she offered to. Maybe she wanted to show them that she was telling the truth. There's been so much speculation about her story that if I were her, I'd want to take one too. Though it could be a mistake by the reporter.

I agree. A girl I went to school with had hair just like hers. It's how I always remember her, people referred to her, and she still has it quite long. She would wear it down and I would say it's kind of was her "signature" look. It is immediately what I thought of when I saw that phrase/quote and I haven't talked to the woman in 10+ years.

I am well known via my hair. I suppose it might be described as "signature" by someone if they were talking about it... it would be weird to me if my husband said that though.

However, I'm starting to think that KP is being coached with specific intent. I think he may turn out to be a victim here too.

*Edit - I think it's interesting how many women even in this thread have said their hair is signature in a way. Makes it less weird that it was described that way, in a sense. SP's hair is definitely unmistakable. I'm wondering if maybe KP mentioned it that way because msm or people on sm referred to it that way during her disappearance.

If she did take a polygraph test I'm hoping it's because she offered to. Maybe she wanted to show them that she was telling the truth. There's been so much speculation about her story that if I were her, I'd want to take one too. Though it could be a mistake by the reporter.

I was thinking this as well. Good call

Since LE is unhappy with info that Keith has let slip out I am wondering why they are not keeping in close touch with him, and explaining what needs to be said and what is not to be revealed. It has been my experience with LE that they sometimes need a person to mediate for them with the victims. I'm sure not all are this way. Ex: I found my brother dead of an overdose, called the 911, police, first responders and the coroner's death inspector came. Any questions I asked was answered "sorry mam, we can't divulge that information at this time." They wouldn't even confirm he was dead. It became quite frustrating to say the least. I also was searching for a lost relative who we assumed had died and was never identified. We needed to get DNA done to submit to NAMUS to see if it matched any Jane Doe's. When I went to the police dept. to file the missing person's report the officer I spoke to didn't even know what NAMUS was. I should think that they would be aware of a nationwide organization.........I don't wish to disrespect our officers but I do believe not all are aware of how to deal with victims and they may need a go-between in order to keep their lines of communication flowing.

Oh, my goodness! I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Not a rhetorical question...I only asked because I was trying to relate that true fact to 'facts we know about this case' (eg. was the flyer maybe in SP's mailbox that afternoon, the mailbox being quite close to where her iPhone was found apparently placed in the grass).

Sad that her case has received so little attention. :(

Yes it is I just am so bothered by the coincidence. While I do not know if Sherri Papini's neighborhood had the Stacy Smart flyer posted, I would think "Project Taken" would have known about her disappearance prior to the flyer being posted on 11/2. I am looking for common denominators but probably finding red herrings!

11/2 Sherri Papini is reported missing
11/19 Cameron Gamble ("Inernational Ransom Consultant") posts Facebook video offering 50k reverse ransom offered by an anonymous donor and it is expiring on 11/23 5am. (by this time they have had her for 17 days and had no way of knowing there would be a reward offered)

11/23 Cameron Gamble releases another video stating the deadline has passed, he says the anon donor has left the area but the money and the reverse ransom is now open to all and is $100k
(by this time they have had her for 21 days and have not responded to a 50k reward)

11/24 SP is found on I-5 at 430a
(I wonder what made them let her go after the 1st deadline passed? How could the abductors have known the reward would be increased? If they did not accept 50k, it does not make sense to have let he go for 100k and the sheriff insists there was no money exchanged).

I just do not think the reward is why she was let go.

I hope that doesn't mean victims where forced to take a worthless polygraph.

Yes it is I just am so bothered by the coincidence. While I do not know if Sherri Papini's neighborhood had the Stacy Smart flyer posted, I would think "Project Taken" would have known about her disappearance prior to the flyer being posted on 11/2. I am looking for common denominators but probably finding red herrings!

11/2 Sherri Papini is reported missing
11/19 Cameron Gamble ("Inernational Ransom Consultant") posts Facebook video offering 50k reverse ransom offered by an anonymous donor and it is expiring on 11/23 5am. (by this time they have had her for 17 days and had no way of knowing there would be a reward offered)

11/23 Cameron Gamble releases another video stating the deadline has passed, he says the anon donor has left the area but the money and the reverse ransom is now open to all and is $100k
(by this time they have had her for 21 days and have not responded to a 50k reward)

11/24 SP is found on I-5 at 430a
(I wonder what made them let her go after the 1st deadline passed? How could the abductors have known the reward would be increased? If they did not accept 50k, it does not make sense to have let he go for 100k and the sheriff insists there was no money exchanged).

I just do not think the reward is why she was let go.

Did you see the video in the thread that was posted last night? It had CG in it and a woman that used to babysit Sherri's kids. She claims that she's the one that brought the whole thing together. She goes to church with CG and knows that Project Taken is his ministry.
Here's the link- http://m.onenewspage.com.au/video/2...-Gamble-Speaks-About-Sherri-Papini-Return.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member