Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I've never had conversations with those PI's. And for the record I think I stated that I leaned toward ST for the motive, not that I am convinced that is the only possible motive. I haven't ruled out other scenarios although I find some unlikely.

Can you share some of your other theories?

rsbm

IMO other than the victims, including SP and KP, but also their family members and Lake16, (MO but also WS TOS :) ) everyone sleuthable should be scrutinized. It's what we do.

Thanks. That's how I feel. Certainly the victims are OWED at least that much.

Just throwing this out there... so far, it seems there have only been two angles to her abduction that have been discussed: that the kidnapping was pre-meditated and SP was targeted, or that these were kidnappers who happened to see SP and decided she'd make a good kidnapping victim.

But here's a third: while jogging, SP was accidentally hit by a vehicle. The drivers were too afraid to report this or bring SP to a hospital, but picked her up (disoriented or unconscious) and decided to treat her themselves. They always planned to release her, so kept their faces covered up.

This is pretty far fetched, but you never know what theories will come out of thinking outside the box...

I've often thought of that, in other kidnappings, but in this case she's been recovered and has apparently not mentioned being hit by a car and then abducted. And beating someone and chaining and starving her aren't really very effective ways to heal her from being hit.

While I'm not sure if CG was involved or is just an opportunist, his involvement timeline and work history is very odd.

on another site, someone has worked hard to verify his resume and credentials (provided by the gambles themselves)..It appears he has, at the very least, fluffed his resume to appear that he has more experience than what he truly has. His resume timeline is off in some instances where he says he was doing this at the time, but then when you dig deeper..he was doing something else at the same time. A plaque he posted as an award for SERE training has been pointed out as being fake by numerous people with military experience. The claim is that the award is homemade and that no way could CG have been a sere trainer as he wasn't in the military long enough and did not have nearly the credentials he needed to even enter training.

Someone found a google sites of papinis that show she was a friend of Jen gambles. If I am not mistaken, Jen gamble had been some sort of a life coach and I wondered if Papini was a client of hers or something. CG and jg both seem into mindset and becoming better and pushing yourself..CG offers survival trainings and sp had lots of survival things posted on her Pinterest.

I also stumbled upon a post that said Jen and CG own a 200 acre ranch in Shasta County..they sell survival gear, offer hunting expeditions and survival expeditions. They also own cattle and brand cattle..just kind of an odd coincidence with sp being branded. G7outdoors and G7ranch on Instagram if you want to look them up.

im curious as to how they went from being dirt poor and living in an rv to owning a 200 acre ranch

there was also that police report saying a family friend was holding a woman against her will in a storage container. I also thought it odd that he stated sp found the "key" to staying alive after she was returned.

it's all just very odd.,.you never heard of CG until sp went missing..and then he gets involved in the sp case and she's returned. There are more missing women in the area and requests for CG to become involved but haven't heard a peep out of him.

Listen, I don't mean to accuse someone if they are innocent. But no one can deny that there are too many weird coincidences with this. At the very least CG was just in the right place at the right and took advantage of the,opportunity to promote himself and his business.

If that's
all true, then the branding thing alone should set off everybody's alarms.

Imagine if he did turn out to be the perp? How would his defenders feel? If he doesn't turn out to be the perp, no harm done. We are just doing what this website is designed for - to "sleuth".

His facebook page has someone asking him why he hasn't made videos asking for Stacey Smart's return. No reply. In fact, his FB page seems to have gone silent after 12/2, when there was a flurry of activity.

Just throwing this out there... so far, it seems there have only been two angles to her abduction that have been discussed: that the kidnapping was pre-meditated and SP was targeted, or that these were kidnappers who happened to see SP and decided she'd make a good kidnapping victim.

But here's a third: while jogging, SP was accidentally hit by a vehicle. The drivers were too afraid to report this or bring SP to a hospital, but picked her up (disoriented or unconscious) and decided to treat her themselves. They always planned to release her, so kept their faces covered up.

This is pretty far fetched, but you never know what theories will come out of thinking outside the box...

KP told 20/20 that guns were involved. Not sure how that would mesh with your theory. Also, he talks about her bruises and bumps "from, you know, being hit and kicked and whatever else." Why would they take her after injuring her to let her heal up, only to cause more injury? Not to mention the branding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was brought up in one of godot's early polls. I can't remember the results but I know people thought it was possible and iirc there were examples given.

I only know of the infamous case of the woman who hit someone and drove back to her own garage.

Lake16, do you know if Sherri is left-handed or right-handed? Thanks!

I've been thinking about this but I just can't recall. Usually I notice when friends are left handed.

In pinterest photos some one linked I got the impression she had a concealed weapon permit, and in the Halloween photo she is wearing a holster that looks like it could be for that..right handed.

Notnecessarily.

He could have HIRED those two latinas, for starters. Second of all, he could have kidnapped her, locked her away, and stayed with her himself. remember; he admits he was away for most of that same period of time. Many people have kidnapped people and kept them hidden - all on their own.

Back to South Carolina....

Compelled to comment RE: the word "minor".

In the ER, we do not want to de-value someone who is in distress by telling them (or when talking to other staff) their injuries are "minor" or downplaying them. ] (snipped for brevity)

I think "minor" is pretty common as a descriptor for most everyone outside the ER though. Are people actually offended to find out the injury to be treated is minor? I would be ecstatic.

"Sherri Papini was taken to a hospital to be treated for minor injuries and reunited with her husband, after her alleged captors let her go Thursday, about 100 miles from her home." BEM
https://www.google.com/amp/newyork....eged-kidnapping/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us

I just spent quite a while noodling around the internet on CG's website, and um. I'm not sure how much we can discuss him, although I see innumerable references to him, but his website looks like a complete store front meant to make you think he is more than he is. There's virtually no participation, except for himself apparently talking about himself in the 3rd person. I also don't understand why anyone in the general public would take part in an "immersive" program for how to deal with kidnappers, and how to escape restraints. For military, I get it. Missionaries in violent countries, ok. But college students? REALLY? It is so exceedingly rare to be kidnapped and have to escape restraints - who in their right mind would take a long "immersive" course in how to escape?

Another note, is it possible that Sherri wasn't using her phone and earbuds when she was abducted? That is, they were in her hand or pocket, the earbuds wrapped around the phone the way you would have it in your hand or pocket, and when she was grabbed the phone fell out of her hand or pocket?

This is an interesting thought and could warrant investigating. But several threads back we discussed the clamps and reality is, there probably isn't a homeowner here that doesn't have them. I counted 6 in my laundry room alone (chain is in the garage). No judging, please.

Question for Lake16
I know SP's mom and dad are big boat people...I noticed a pic on mom's FB of a boat motor on a trailer in some sort of storage unit. I also noticed a hose clamp on a hose attached to the engine. Factor in that 1/4" chain is used to pull boats and I have to wonder if there might be someone who works on boats....someone that may have seen SP with her parents out boating or w/e.

I thought tow truck driver or plumber, but boat mechanics would have both items, chain & hose clamps, handy at all times.

Any women working on boats would sure narrow it down.

(Edited to add) "48% of Boat Mechanic are male in California, and 52% of the Boat Mechanic are female in California" - Salarygenius.com

Okay but you have to agree- if CG is responsible for SP's abduction, he's got to be the one of the dumbest criminals in the world. IMO he's going to be thoroughly looked at by LE. If he did it there is no way he'd get away with it. He put himself right in the middle.

Oh,absolutely.

Criminals often ARE stupid. If they were intelligent, they wouldn't need to commit crimes; they'd find legitimate ways to make money and support themselves.

Trust me. I don't think this is a TV show. Nor do I think it's a movie.
It's my opinion he has nothing to do with taking a young mother to gain publicity for "saving" her.
He's going to risk his liberty, his wife and kids, his home, ranch, livelihood and everything he has to do a crime? He's going to not only hire people to do it, he's bought them chains and a vehicle and approved beatings, broken noses, branding and starvation?
The "hero" scenario seems more like a movie of the week to me than an abduction of a jogger by strangers for whatever purpose they had in mind.
JMO

Yep.

Why is it less credible that he would do that than any other criminal? SOMEONE took her, right? We know that she did not wander off and imagine this? Of course not. So why is it more credible that someone else risked everything but not him?

This was brought up in one of godot's early polls. I can't remember the results but I know people thought it was possible and iirc there were examples given.

I only know of the infamous case of the woman who hit someone and drove back to her own garage.

Did anyone call the hospitals nearby to check if Sherri was there that evening?

In pinterest photos some one linked I got the impression she had a concealed weapon permit, and in the Halloween photo she is wearing a holster that looks like it could be for that..right handed.

Was it a selfie or did someone else take the pic? I ask because selfies are mirror images; what appears to be a holster on the right would actually be a holster on the left.

Is her hand with wedding ring visible in the picture? If so, and the holster is on the opposite side, it would be on her right side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone call the hospitals nearby to check if Sherri was there that evening?
They would not provide that info to anybody except LE. It is protected by HIPAA law.

It's good to think out of the box but there is the branding, how would that fit into this theory?

I don't think he's dumb.

But I don't think he's responsible. I think there's a good chance he was being taken advantage of while believing he was the one getting away with something. Kind of like people who fall for Nigerian email scams.

I also think he's overconfident enough to think he could get away with it (whatever the particular it might be).

OMG.

Hmmm. Now you've left me with a lot to really think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper