Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people thinking - was she held closer to her home in Redding or closer to the drop-off location?

Yes, this is speculation as we have so few clues. I'm just curious what people are thinking.

jmo

I'm thinking she was held closer to the drop off location. I imagine they'd want to get her out of the vehicle and hidden as soon as they can. IMO they wouldn't risk driving around in circles.

I wonder how far SP was driven when she was first "taken"? Was it only a few minutes? How about later; was she ever driven anywhere during the 22 days? Was she driven far on that last day she was released?

Has SP ever said anything about car trips?

What at if we mapped every possible road for that 2 1/2 hours, including side roads?

Well its kind of ballsy to drive for 2.5 hours with a tied up woman right there in view of a cop (if ever pulled over).

So I think she was held closer to where she was found.

But we don't know how long they drove before letting her out.

Plus we don't know if they drove the back roads or highway before dropping her off either.

We know that the kidnappers did drive a long distance, even if it was risky, because Sherri was found 150 miles from were she was abducted.

I've searched and searched for this but can't find it. Does anyone know who administered KP's polygraph? tia!!!

So was it initially made public? If not, why not? Many of the subsequent follow-up reports are still on the logs.

It surprises me that action was taken on his report so quickly, tbh....unless things are different there, police usually wait 24 hours before taking a missing (adult) person report...unless imminent danger is apparent. JMO

No tornado shelters here (we get an occasional funnel cloud) but you may be onto something with the survival bunker.

Yeah..my neighbors in Sonoma told me about the preppers around Redding. Apparently they'd been running illegal pot operations (around Redding), for decades. There are a lot of places to hide in the Redding area....

There certainly were a number of tips called in (noted on the logs) of her being held locally. In hindsight, can't help but wonder all the dead end tips that had to be investigated. The family seemed pretty convinced she was no longer in the area and LE caught some heat (even here, IIRC) for not following up on each and every lead. Not sure where I'm going, but would LE have had evidence to support her being outside of Redding? JMO

Well its kind of ballsy to drive for 2.5 hours with a tied up woman right there in view of a cop (if ever pulled over).

So I think she was held closer to where she was found.

But we don't know how long they drove before letting her out.

Plus we don't know if they drove the back roads or highway before dropping her off either.

We know that the kidnappers did drive a long distance, even if it was risky, because Sherri was found 150 miles from were she was abducted.

Driving a long time doesn't necessarily mean driving a long distance. They could have just driven around aimlessly to throw off her sense of direction.

But if they were driving at hwy speed most of the time, we're talking about upwards of 300 miles of driving. Leads me to think about the fueling situation. You have to figure these people had to fuel up right before they grabbed her or right when they got to their destination, She would know if they did it mid trip which I doubt they would risk.

I've searched and searched for this but can't find it. Does anyone know who administered KP's polygraph? tia!!!

I'm not too worried about who administered the polygraph because I don't find them to be reliable. I do give some weight to Keith for voluntarily taking one. It's risky to do that. Innocent people can look guilty if things go sideways.

I think that LE verified Keith's alibi and I don't see any kind of realistic motive for him to be behind this. Add all of this together and he's innocent of any wrongdoing in my opinion.

There are a few bad reviews here and there, yes.

Notably, on this page:
https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding/UserViewVendorTeam?wid=5f82c4a13add9728

I don't find any of the negative reviews to be unreasonable, IMO. The two lowest rated businesses are part of national chains so I don't think her less than glowing review would have the same impact as, say, a negative review of a mom and pop operation (if even then). I personally don't think her reviews have anything to do with her abduction, JMHO.

Driving a long time doesn't necessarily mean driving a long distance. They could have just driven around aimlessly to throw off her sense of direction.

But if they were driving at hwy speed most of the time, we're talking about upwards of 300 miles of driving. Leads me to think about the fueling situation. You have to figure these people had to fuel up right before they grabbed her or right when they got to their destination, She would know if they did it mid trip which I doubt they would risk.

My post doesn't mention time, only the known distance between were Sherri was taken and were she was found.

it has probably already been discussed (what hasnt at this point?) but hose clamps are a very odd, and poor, choice for a wrist restraint.

the chain around the waist is odd too imo.

it could be an indication of poor planning, or even no planning. or that the person who chose the restraint did so for the appearance rather than the practicality.

one scenario would lead you to think those items were used because there were on hand, another could mean they were recently purchased.

think the police have searched hardware/home depot store records for purchases made that included those two items?

I don't find any of the negative reviews to be unreasonable, IMO. The two lowest rated businesses are part of national chains so I don't think her less than glowing review would have the same impact as, say, a negative review of a mom and pop operation (if even then). I personally don't think her reviews have anything to do with her abduction, JMHO.

Not to mention, why would someone get a bad review that many years ago and wait until now to do something about it? Talk about a dish of revenge served cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh damn, I do too. I forgot.

I have bunches in various sizes. They're handy. I even use them to hang the Christmas lights to the porch railing. Snip them off after Christmas, wrap up the lights, all done. Fwiw, I've got lots of stuff stored in my truck. Bungie chords, straps, tools, etc...

it has probably already been discussed (what hasnt at this point?) but hose clamps are a very odd, and poor, choice for a wrist restraint.

the chain around the waist is odd too imo.

it could be an indication of poor planning, or even no planning. or that the person who chose the restraint did so for the appearance rather than the practicality.

one scenario would lead you to think those items were used because there were on hand, another could mean they were recently purchased.

think the police have searched hardware/home depot store records for purchases made that included those two items?

What makes the hose clamps a poor restraint?

I never thought about them being used in this way until this case. After giving it some thought and having used hose clamps to do more than connecting hoses to something I can see that they would be a suitable restraint device. JMO

Was it a selfie or did someone else take the pic? I ask because selfies are mirror images; what appears to be a holster on the right would actually be a holster on the left.

Is her hand with wedding ring visible in the picture? If so, and the holster is on the opposite side, it would be on her right side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going off memory. But after googling "papini halloween photo", ring on left, the holster is backwards but on the right side. If it is an inside the pants clip on, it would be right hand. Other photos she carries a bag over her right shoulder and a watch on her right. Dont know.... but interested in the significance/theory behind the question.

I was responding to the fellow web sleuthed who thought that CG was innocent because he stood to lose everything, But the quote did not post with my response. Sorry.

To preserve my sanity I will consider CG uninvolved unless something solid is revealed.

But not because he stood to lose everything. Consider the current Dan Markel case. The Adelsons were wealthy, educated, "pillar of the community" types. Even if they get away with it, everyone knows that they were involved.

I do not know the statistics, but I hear about more murders than kidnappings. Anyone who commits a murder stands to lose everything. Plenty of murderers have children and own property. There have been cases discussed on web sleuths about ministers who have committed murder. Can we agree that murder is worse than kidnapping?

I cannot see that losing everything deters people from crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper