Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 thoughts. First, was her hubby maybe the suspicious type? Not suggesting he had any reason to be, please dont misunderstand me. But if he came home... no wife, kids not picked up from day care... is he the type that would immediately jump to the conclusion she was somewhere she was not supposed to be? Did he use the phone app thinking he would 'catch' her at something? Maybe assumed her message about lunch was to make sure he was not going to be around?
Of course when he located the phone- clearly that was not the case.
It would explain why he had the app, and why he went looking for her.

2nd thought... IF I found my daughters cell phone by the side of the road... my first thought would not be "abduction" ... it would be 'was she hit by a car?? Is she in the hospital?" THAT is what I would call the police and ask. Did he even ask if anyone had been struck by a car at that location?

3rd thought ( Ok, so it was more than 2 thoughts) Did he pick up the phone? It would be perfectly logical to. If his first reaction on seeing the phone there was thinking she was kidnapped from that spot... so he better not touch the phone... that is a bit of a leap for me. If it were my daughter... I saw a phone... I would pick it up. I would make sure it was hers. I would probably do something totally dumb like check her messages... but would my first reaction be " dont touch it!"... no. I assume it was checked for prints? If a perp threw it... there would have to be prints...

Wow!! Thankful for an update from LE. So curious to know what email messages might reveal through search warrants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to drag this down a rabbit trail, but I can't imagine keeping my password a secret from my husband - there's nothing on my phone that I'd care at all if he saw. Most of it's boring, anyway. I have a friend who fell and sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury and if he couldn't get into her phone, calendar, and phone contacts, her dear friends wouldn't have known what happened to her for quite awhile.

Really? I can't imagine anyone other than myself knowing my passwords, it works for us. There is no reason for anyone to "get into my phone" or my cloud. When the net was new, people shared accounts. I would have no reason to know my spouses passwords as well. We like our privacy I guess?
My point in a round about way was how often did he track her iPhone to check her location. And; why did he contaminate the scene? Was his DNA found where the clumps of hair were? I'd like to know. I can't believe there isn't more current news about her.

So...LE is stating that Sherri Papini is an "at risk" missing person...thoughts? Health?

Deputies: Husband of missing woman not a person of interest
Cw3JP_8UQAAtMne.jpg

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sing-woman-not-a-person-of-interest/149640428

I have 2 thoughts. First, was her hubby maybe the suspicious type? Not suggesting he had any reason to be, please dont misunderstand me. But if he came home... no wife, kids not picked up from day care... is he the type that would immediately jump to the conclusion she was somewhere she was not supposed to be? Did he use the phone app thinking he would 'catch' her at something? Maybe assumed her message about lunch was to make sure he was not going to be around?

2nd thought... IF I found my daughters cell phone by the side of the road... my first thought would not be "abduction" ... it would be 'was she hit by a car?? Is she in the hospital?" THAT is what I would call the police and ask. Did he even ask if anyone had been struck by a car at that location?

3rd thought ( Ok, so it was more than 2 thoughts) Did he pick up the phone? It would be perfectly logical to. If his first reaction on seeing the phone there was thinking she was kidnapped from that spot... so he better not touch the phone... that is a bit of a leap for me. If it were my daughter... I saw a phone... I would pick it up. I would make sure it was hers. I would probably do something totally dumb like check her messages... but would my first reaction be " dont touch it!"... no. I assume it was checked for prints? If a perp threw it... there would have to be prints...
First of all people play with find my phone all the time. Its not that big of deal. You log on and use the function. If i was a little confused by my spouse's absence, and i could not reach her, that would be my next step. I see nothing wrong with that. I am sure he was like all of us, half panicked and half feeling silly expecting a rational explanation. When he saw the phone tossed on the side of the road he thought abduction, you said you would think car accident. Nobody would think, oh look, she must have dropped it. I don't know exactly what i would think when a beautiful petite lady has gone missing and her phone was found on the side of the road. If she had been hit by a car and taken to hospital he probably would have been called hours before. I think his reaction is more normal than your predicted reaction. And in your case it has not happened so with all due respect, how do you know what you would really think or say?

Not if the perp or person was wearing gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a thought about the find my iPhone feature. #1) I can use it to find MY IPHONE, NOT my partners. #2) Why does anyone believe that he
was able to track her IPhone using His feature? This does not compute. #3)Did he often track his wife's phone in this supposed manner? It just doesn't work this way, sorry.

If they have their icloud account linked he can use that feature to find her phone. I've used it on my daughter's phone to find mine when I have misplaced it.

I guess that is my point, thanks! I wouldn't share my phone or cloud passwords with my partner. I don't know many that do. I don't know why you would actually.

I put my brother on Family Sharing, and now I can see where his iPad is. It was an unexpected side effect; we never shared passwords. I'm sure we could turn that off, but I can also imagine a couple not minding it. If I were prone to misplacing my phone, I might even find it a desirable feature.

In trying to rule in/out the husband, I seemed to be focusing in on when he found her phone. Knowing that he immediately thought abduction, I am trying to gauge what one would do upon discovering the phone on the street with the intense belief that she was abducted from that very spot. My first instinct would be to call 911 from that exact spot and insist that the police come to that location so I could show them the phone and earbuds are laying there on the ground to convince them that something bad had happened and to take me seriously. There is no way that I am leaving that area for any reason without knowing for sure that she was nowhere in the immediate vicinity. I would frantically search up and down that location, I would knock on doors to see if anyone saw something, I would call people out to come help me look. I would be yelling her name in case she was injured nearby. The bottom line is if I believe my wife has been abducted and I find her belongings laying on the street, I am all over that area like a dog on a bone until I am 100% sure she is not there. You would literally have to drag me away. Wouldn't you be the same way? The combination of the belief there was an abductuon and the discovery of her items on the street would trigger the sense of panic and obsession with that location, IMHO. His behavior in this critical timeframe should tell a lot of his potential involvement or non-involvement. So, do we know 1) Did he call the police from that location or did he go home or somewhere else to call? Did he insist that the police come out to the location to see the phone on the ground? Did he ask them to come out and help him look? Did he knock on neighbors doors? Did he scour the area himself looking for her or other items of her's? Did he call and ask family/friends to come help look? Did they have to drag him away from that area kicking and screaming. I recognize that exactly what one would do in this situation would vary from one person to another; however, leaving that area without a thorough search would seem to me to be highly unusual for an innocent person. Does anyone know what actions KP took upon discovering the phone/earbuds? Personally, I am leaning towards him not being involved, but I recognize I am going against the odds.

I have been looking at this still shot of the news coverage from KRCR 7 news and I do not believe this is a runners belt. It looks like a black bag/object with hot pink identifying tape around it. A) You can see the grass growing between the tape and the black object. B) There is a tied knot in the tape on the right hand side. C) It appears the tape is being tethered down by the small stick in the front. Presumably so it did not blow away.
attachment.php
Her sister said she was training for the 'superrun' , it's probably part of the outfit she had made for herself.

Either that, or it's from a child's Halloween costume, and has nothing to do with this case.

Sherri's husband is in IT and so is mine. That doesn't necessarily mean our husbands behave similarly but- because he is used to devices as tools, he would absolutely use "find my iphone" almost right away. As for the password- He sets everything up and sometimes I need to ask HIM what the password for my icloud is, so none of that is weird to me at all.

Comments are off limits, as they are considered rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice