Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame LE haven't released a police sketch of the perps yet. They said they would try to do ones of the "eye area". They could show SP eyebrow charts so she could pick out the shape and thickness of the women's eyebrows, at least.

Of course, the perps have probably been to the eyebrow shop by now for new eyebrows :( Maybe LE could ask people to report if their neighbors have suddenly, suspiciously changed their eyebrows...

Eyebrow-shapes-chart.jpeg

It's a shame LE haven't released a police sketch of the perps yet. They said they would try to do ones of the "eye area". They could show SP eyebrow charts so she could pick out the shape and thickness of the women's eyebrows, at least.

Of course, the perps have probably been to the eyebrow shop by now for new eyebrows :( Maybe LE could ask people to report if their neighbors have suddenly, suspiciously changed their eyebrows...

View attachment 106041

and hairstyle

That clarifies things for me, thank you so much Lake

I've updated the Case Map

And I made and added this little diagram. Note that I have marked where SP was located, I hope that is correct, it is the only streetlight that is on the NE side of the junction.

vr3f3a.jpg

attachment.php
After reading my post from last night, I got my left from my right mixed up. I believe this map accurately displays where she was dropped off. She would have had to walk east over the freeway overpass to get to the church, which in the dark would have just been a building to SP. The SUV could have driven east to I5 (then north or south), or could have driven west on co rd 17 to I505 has an escaped route.

Sneak Peek: A Rash of Attacks Against Joggers
Originally aired on 12/13/2016
Dr. Oz presents the stories of three women – Sherri Papini, Vanessa Marcotte, and Karina Vetrano – who were all attacked after going for a run outdoors. Then, TV journalist Nancy Grace weighs in on the three cases.
GUESTS: Nancy Grace , Phil Vetrano , Chris Hansen

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/tru...bductions-snatched-run?video_id=5245011450001

Oh boy!

OK, thanks, but have you looked at the streetview of that area? The nearest houses on that road are about a half mile on the other side of a heavily wooded area. The houses look very nice, and they are near to the road. Are you telling me that SP ignored those houses to walked a half mile down a dark road through a wooded area?

Question 2. If she was released on Road 17, why does the news video show so much investigation going on the Interstate, near the southbound exit ramp?

Question 3. If she walked north on Interstate 5, why did the Sheriff's Department despatch repeat multiple times that she was on northbound I-5 just south of Yolo? I understand that the dispatch can make mistakes, but the information was never corrected, and the officers seemed to have no problem finding the scene "south of Yolo".

Finding Sherri Papini - Yolo County Sheriff's dispatch

Question 4. So SP had a general idea where she was at? i.e, south of Redding? How did she know that? Was she able to see out of the car?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you could somehow verify the accuracy of the information and clear up some of the discrepancies, we might be able to figure out what direction the car was traveling when SP was pushed out. That might help pinpoint areas to look for suspects.

I don't know how to post the screen image on here, but to answer your #4, here's a google map link. The "junkyard" is on the left. View is looking east.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.735528,-121.8211172,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1src-MRk1AXaxghf6aGSYVAA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

After reading my post from last night, I got my left from my right mixed up. I believe this map accurately displays where she was dropped off. She would have had to walk east over the freeway overpass to get to the church, which in the dark would have just been a building to SP. The SUV could have driven east to I5 (then north or south), or could have driven west on co rd 17 to I505 has an escaped route.
Are you a lefty? I'm just wondering because I always do that! I write with my right hand... NO I DON'T! I write with my left hand... I give directions by landmarks now, I always get it wrong any other way.

I just wanted to say your maps are awesome, skipaboo!

QUESTION for Admin:

Is it possible to have a separate thread for those who are serious about helping Lake?

That clarifies things for me, thank you so much Lake

I've updated the Case Map

And I made and added this little diagram. Note that I have marked where SP was located, I hope that is correct, it is the only streetlight that is on the NE side of the junction.

vr3f3a.jpg

attachment.php

View attachment 106041
I'm sorry how can u go out looking .for kidnappers when all u have is hair and eyebrows? Unless it was Albert Einstein
They are out of luck.

OK, thanks, but have you looked at the streetview of that area? The nearest houses on that road are about a half mile on the other side of a heavily wooded area. The houses look very nice, and they are near to the road. Are you telling me that SP ignored those houses to walked a half mile down a dark road through a wooded area?

Question 2. If she was released on Road 17, why does the news video show so much investigation going on the Interstate, near the southbound exit ramp?

Question 3. If she walked north on Interstate 5, why did the Sheriff's Department despatch repeat multiple times that she was on northbound I-5 just south of Yolo? I understand that the dispatch can make mistakes, but the information was never corrected, and the officers seemed to have no problem finding the scene "south of Yolo".

Question 4. So SP had a general idea where she was at? i.e, south of Redding? How did she know that? Was she able to see out of the car?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you could somehow verify the accuracy of the information and clear up some of the discrepancies, we might be able to figure out what direction the car was traveling when SP was pushed out. That might help pinpoint areas to look for suspects.

The homes were dark and she was scared. She saw and heard vehicles on the freeway and headed towards them. She said she stopped on the middle of the overpass to try to figure out which way to go. She saw the church and tried to get into it with no luck. I do not know why video did not show her there according to LE. Perhaps the cameras are on motion sensors and somehow she didn't trigger them or there was a malfunction on the camera. Exiting the church she very well may have seen the "Redding" sign at the on ramp entrance. She has travelled I5 a lot , I5 north of Reddng is very different than I5 south of Redding due to the topography and vegetation. If someone told me they were on I5 and saw an orchard nearby like the one she would have passed near the drilling company I would immediately tell them they were South of Redding somewhere.

She also may be totally mistaken due to her condition at that time.

I think the case map that has been created here is quite informative. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...ll=40.70211429904189,-122.28278875350952&z=14

While reading the Police report, page 2 really catches my attention. http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

"Reporting Person is a family friend of MP. States he received information tonight that didn't want to be involved with LEO contact. Received info that listed male is holding female against her will in a storage container/shed."

The more I discount some theories over others I keep coming back to the known's. We know there is a PR (linked above) the specifically mentions storage containers/shed. To the immediate south of where SP was found, is M Trucking Co. take a moment and zoom in on the seemingly countless containers on the property.

On the main page of WS, directly below the SP case is the Todd Kohlhepp case. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?601-Todd-Kohlhepp TK held and tortured his victim in a semi trailer on his property. After reading the police report, observing a location (trucking co.) that in general would support the police report, I begin to consider the possibility of a copycat/repeat criminal of some type. As if we didn't have enough theories. :gaah:

Here is a list of areas surrounding where Sherri was taken. Thank you Lake16
In California I think areas to check might be:
Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

And also Medford, Oregon.

Tricia

Did I miss Lake saying SP was taken to these places?

Assuming she walked the route shown, she would have passed this sign. No great mystery as to how she knew which way was home.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sherri_sign.jpg
    sherri_sign.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 400

Re: question 2, towards the end of the audio link you posted, a request was made to "come meet me over here at 17 and" (a road I could not understand).

So, if this was a random crime of opportunity, do people think that these women were driving around the area hoping for a woman alone?
Nobody else was ever approached AFAIK.
Do you believe they drove the area more than once looking for a victim or got lucky on their first drive through?

I don't believe it was random. I think it's possible she was chosen as a live target on which to practice torture and hostage-taking techniques.

I've noticed Lake has replied to many questions with "can't answer due to ongoing investigation". Maybe this was already answered but I was curious how Lake knows what details are and aren't okay to share publicly. Is Lake using his/her best judgement or did a detective meet with the Papini's friends and family go over what details could be made public?

:eek:verreaction:I thought the thread from last night was still closed and I missed that there was a new one. I'll never catch up. :gaah:

Subscribing anyway. :facepalm:

:eek:verreaction:I thought the thread from last night was still closed and I missed that there was a new one. I'll never catch up. :gaah:

Subscribing anyway. :facepalm:

You might catch up rather quickly if you just read Lakes replies!! I think it worked for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990