Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko noted Monday that his agency had not phrased it that way.
"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

I am surprised with walk, not run or "jog."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/12/12/broken-system-means-millions-of-rural-americans-exposed-to-poisoned-or-untested-water/94071732/

Thank you, but that doesn't say anything about what the video shows or doesn't show.

Can someone please tell me the significance of the tan or beige SUV in the call logs?

Also, KP states on 20/20 that he called 911...but they didn't log it....any ideas?

One may dial 911 and hang up? Or is KP referring to the time he called 911 in 2009?

Also, when Sherri states she "never lived with a 'man' before," she is most probably stating that DD was not a "man," but a mere boy. Only a real "man," you know the story . . .

Why would he have to confirm to the public what he already said? I know he mentioned Sherri going to the church. That wasn't my question. My question was, has the sheriff mentioned specifically that the video at the church did not show anything? My guess is the sheriff sees no reason to publicly state anything about the evidence they found or the evidence they may not have found. He doesn't seem to want to share too much about what LE knows. JMO.

Has the sheriff mentioned the junk yard or any other building? I posted the link to the article about the church video last night - it is up to the reader to judge validity. I choose to believe, for whatever reason, someone was mistaken about the church.

KP said that she tried to get into the church, so wouldn't there have to be something on the cameras? So it was either a different building or it's just another detail LE is withholding.

LE said they did not see her on the church cameras.

Asking an awful lot from someone possibly suffering pdst, dont know if she was drugged. Go through what is said she did to have, be dropped off at who knows where. In shock. In panic. She lost alot of weight and what a traumatic experience. We dont know what all she went through. I can only imagine her state of mind and wish her and her family much success recovering. Which, could be a life time.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

She could likely hear cars and trucks passing by, imo

But it was stated that she saw cars. That would be impossible from that location. I don't believe that was the location she was at, and I don't think the investigators believe it was either, or they would have blocked off the road and set up a crime scene.

Sorry if this has already been posted but Nancy Grace is on the Dr. Oz show talking about the case right now.

Just watched it, so thanks.

For those who are curious, Nancy Grace appeared on the Dr. Oz show and covered the Sherri Papini case, along with two other cases where a woman was abducted while jogging. No new info. Nancy did spend some time excoriating the online haters. Rightfully so, frankly.

She ended it by saying another woman went missing from the "very same spot" years ago. Fail.

One may dial 911 and hang up? Or is KP referring to the time he called 911 in 2009?

Also, when Sherri states she "never lived with a 'man' before," she is most probably stating that DD was not a "man," but a mere boy. Only a real "man," you know the story . . .

He said he dialed 911 when he discovered SP missing....it is on 20/20 interview.

Not sure what you are referring to about Sherri living with a man...not something I have said here, that I recall.

OK, but that still ignores the fact that there was heavy presence of LEOs on I-5. The news pictures of Road 17 don't show any LE presence at all. Wouldn't you think they would have blocked off the road and set up a crime scene if they believed she was released at that location?
IMO, at that time, that LE did not specifically know the exact location of her release and concentrated their presence to the area she was seen by the passing I5 motorist.

Dr Oz, Nancy Grace talking about Sherri and other missing joggers right now (wxyz channel 7 for me)

Lake16 said, "She saw and heard vehicles on the freeway and headed towards them." Here is the post. Assuming that is true, and I have to reason to doubt Lake16's word, it's not the same area. Because no way could she have seen vehicles on the other side of the hill.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?324201-CA-Sherri-Papini-34-Redding-2-November-2016-20&p=12999846#post12999846

I think she could have seen and heard vehicles on I5 from this point, looking across the drilling yard. I think she would see truck lights, lights on large vehicles. This spot is only about 200 yards towards I5, from where she was dropped off.

junkview.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@38.7355799,-121.8248589,3a,75y,87.38h,81.37t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swceGfw8smUx81DzLt6kM9w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

OK, but that still ignores the fact that there was heavy presence of LEOs on I-5. The news pictures of Road 17 don't show any LE presence at all. Wouldn't you think they would have blocked off the road and set up a crime scene if they believed she was released at that location?

I think they might have set up a crime scene where SP was found, summoned medical assist and gotten as much info as they could out of her before she was taken to the hospital. We don't know how much SP told responding officers at the recovery site. But, I'm confident LE has since searched the entire area physically along with reviewing surveillance. JMO.

UNSUB???

What on earth is an unsub?

OT

I have the same issue and am wondering if someone can answer a question about smart phones and poor cell tower reception.

I dont live near a major city and so I typically have very poor reception on towers.

I recently got a smart phone for the first time and I can get one or two bars reception if I go to the back room, stand on the bed, face the wall, and touch the TV antenea with my other arm. LOL

Seriously though I was reading the manual and how the phones can use the wireless router through the internet for certain features and am wondering if the cell phones do any calling or receiving through the router's internet connection when there is bad cell tower reception?

Not sure what phone you have but I can do this now with my iPhone:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.imore.com/how-enable-wi-fi-calling-iphone?client=safari

It's specifically for what your issue is. Not sure about other phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by kanzz
Did she say that SP could "see" vehicles or that she could "hear" them? I've searched through notes and just can't find anything.. but I thought I remembered Lake16 saying that SP could hear traffic on I5. Not challenging, just asking.

ETA: found Lake16's post saying SP saw and heard. But of course, she would have been able to do both by the time she got to the overpass.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post12999846
Lake16 said, "She saw and heard vehicles on the freeway and headed towards them." Here is the post. Assuming that is true, and I have to reason to doubt Lake16's word, it's not the same area. Because no way could she have seen vehicles on the other side of the hill.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-20&p=12999846#post12999846

Looks as though you and I linked the same post. :wink:

RE: hearing &/or seeing traffic from a half mile away:

I live a half mile from a two-lane highway. There is also a small hill / rise between my place and the highway. If I'm outside, I can hear the traffic (mostly big rigs, motorcycles, etc.), especially at night. Out in the country where there isn't so much light pollution, it is much easier to see lights of traffic from a long way away. They broadcast all around, not just in front of them onto the highway. She might not have immediately seen the lights, but she would have soon after she started walking in the direction of the highway sounds.

Thank you, but that doesn't say anything about what the video shows or doesn't show.

Sherri papini + church video is how I found the article. I posted it late last night. The article states "there was nothing there".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal