Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KP appears to be a man who likes to be able to control the situation. Maybe he went along with the story in order to 'save face'. JMO
I think he also may have seen dollar signs.

Looking at the video more closely. @ 1:14, she pauses and turns around as if she is speaking to someone.
It also looks like she is holding a bag or something.
It's hard to tell. I tried to clean the images up a bit.
We were told there waa no other footage of SP, but
I think there are other camera angles that caught something else at that time.
Moo
088023ac032a11ef5b81e296171f65a3.jpg
8d39fbc6897685c3034f3c8c6c961256.jpg

Partial video
http://abc7.com/surveillance-video-shows-sherri-papinis-reappearance/2617981/
Full video
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/new-...i-running-after-still-unsolved-disappearance/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Didn't the lady who gave media interviews about calling 911 say she pulled off on the next exit to make the call? What if the updated location "South of Yolo" refers to the witnesses' location? Do we know if the lady that pulled off to call 911 waited around for LE to come talk to her? I think that is an excellent suggestion that someone might have done that or someone might have seen SP from a side road as well, since "dozens" of people reportedly called 911.

Sutton said that she pulled off to the shoulder on the I-5, so it would be someone else or LE asked her to go to 97F/17. Listening to the edited recording in full my interpretation at least was first they were responding to the call then once CHP got there they confirmed it's an abduction and around the time bringing in CSI was the location 'confirmed' as 'just south of Yolo.' Then much later was first it sounds like a CHP officer saying he's got a 'contact' at 97F/17 and about a minute and half tape time after that he chimes in again this time saying he's got a witness at 97F/17.

With either the 17 onramp or the 18 onramp it looks like a lot of distance was covered in under 7 minutes. If it was from the 17 entrance onto the I-5 Google Maps is showing that at 0.4 miles while with the 18 entrance that's over 1 mile, which is pretty good for someone starved for 22 days and emaciated. If the 4:22 call was from the trucker she flagged down that would make the distance covered especially quick for her to get someone to pull over, say who she was, then have the trucker relay that to 911...the news reports make it seem like the 4:22 time was based on when a 911 call specifically IDed her, but that could be wrong and either ways that's quick unless aided by a vehicle and/or the extent of her injuries being greatly embellished.

I am on my phone and can't "like" posts but I had to tell you that you made me snort!
Glad I could help you out there Stripehaven! LOL This case is totally intriguing to me. Don't know if you've read my previous posts but I have an opinion that maybe she was involved in a master/slave relationship with someone and things got out of hand. JMO but her injuries and branding, cutting of 'some' of her hair as well as being let go is causing me to ponder. :thinking:

Glad I could help you out there Stripehaven! LOL This case is totally intriguing to me. Don't know if you've read my previous posts but I have an opinion that maybe she was involved in a master/slave relationship with someone and things got out of hand. JMO but her injuries and branding, cutting of 'some' of her hair as well as being let go is causing me to ponder. :thinking:

I must add I think your opinion is spot on! Has she offered an explanation for the male DNA that was found?

Looking at the video more closely. @ 1:14, she pauses and turns around as if she is speaking to someone.
Moo

Partial video
Full video
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/new-...i-running-after-still-unsolved-disappearance/

Wow, she is really boogieing along.

I must add I think your opinion is spot on! Has she offered an explanation for the male DNA that was found?

No, she hasn't but remember her head was covered and her captors wore bandannas the entire time, even while driving her, kidnapping her and having one of their heads smashed into the toilet.

Moo

Partial video
Full video

I think the very same thing, BTW.

I think it makes a difference because people are calling into question Sherri's account of how she was released and where. And the dispatch audio does not match up with what SCSO said about where she was located. It is technically possible for both the CHP dispatch audio and SCSO to be correct, but only if you ignore the part about her being on foot after she ran from the church. As I said in a post above (#212), IF the dispatch and SCSO are both correct and SP was located at the interchange South of the one near the church (the one that would actually be South of Yolo), THEN there is a big problem with the story. It would mean that SP somehow traveled 1.5 miles in only 7 minutes. That's only possible if she had a vehicle to transport her down the road.

I think it is most likely the dispatch was incorrect about the interchange where she was located (EMS would have just continued 1 mile north on I-5 until they found her) and the SCSO description updates that info to try to make it clearer. But yesterday I finally saw why people are arguing so passionately about the distance and the location where she was found. I didn't get it before. I see the issue now and can see a theory that explains it all. Here is what I was hinting at in my previous post:

Maybe whomever held her and beat her up for 22 days was still hanging around after dropping her off. Maybe they dropped her off within running distance of the church on purpose thinking this would make a great story-- "Supermom Found at Church on Thanksgiving". She runs to the church (as she is seen doing on the video) and it is actually dark and empty, no help there. No one to "discover" her. So maybe she runs back toward the road and the vehicle that dropped her off is still there waiting to see if SP got found. Person in vehicle takes her down the back road that runs parallel to the Interstate (Cacheville Rd) looking for another place to drop her off. But there is nothing else along that road. So maybe they decide to drop her at the next interchange and let her out near there to flag down someone on I-5. Sherri is immediately found on the northbound on ramp of I-5 and South of Yolo. Dispatch calls it in and the SCSO press release is still technically correct: https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/press_releases.aspx

Now, although I can see this as a possibility, I think it is unlikely. For one thing, I don't think LE is stupid. They would have figured this out right after she was found. It would mean they either figured it out and didn't challenge her on it for almost a year or they didn't put it all together for almost a year of investigating and talking to SP on a weekly basis. And then LE decided to release this video with the info that she was found 7 minutes after running to the church as some sort of message. People who think SCSO is playing games and "sending messages" to the Papinis with their press releases might say LE did that to make them realize what they know-- that it's not possible for her to have run that far in 7 minutes. But which scenario is more likely? That SCSO is playing games with their wording of the press release OR that the dispatch operator (who was not on the scene but was relaying info from those who were) was incorrect about exactly where SP was located? I think the later, more detailed info, given by SCSO is more likely to be correct. I think it is MORE likely she was on foot for those 7 minutes and was located at the I-5 interchange near the church (technically not south of Yolo but still in Yolo/near Yolo). And it makes sense that dispatch may have been off on this detail, IMO. People driving on I-5 would have been the first source of information for where they were located when they called in about Sherri. The callers driving may have last seen signs for Yolo and figured they were somewhere South of Yolo. Although, technically, when we look at a map the interchange near the church it is not geographically South of Yolo, I believe that saying that location was South of Yolo could have made sense to someone driving on I-5 and it did not impede CHP and EMS from finding her. All JMO.

Despite all this, I remain :fence: as to what happened prior so SP getting dropped off.
Sorry for the :worms:.

Just my :twocents:.

I've obviously missed something here. SCSO? I've stretched my imagination here and the only thing I can come up with is, South Carolina Sex Offender. Sorry but sometimes these abbreviated initials befuzzle me.

To me it looks like she slows down and starts walking at the very end of the video.

Lone Traveler, I think it is Shasta County Sheriff's Office.

Lone Traveler, I think it is Shasta County Sheriff's Office.

Thank you, I should pay closer attention to the details but I have to admit that the posts covering the north/south ramp and the distance she traveled just seem to escape me. However, I do appreciate some posters pointing out that she simply could not have ran that far in that amount of time. I do get that, LOL.

Heck, for branding, you could just use an old-timey wood-burning kit. I still have the one from my childhood. I imagine they're still available to hobbyists, if not children like they were when I was a kid.
Yes, and even a soldering iron could be used. Tools like these make more sense to me, since they cannot decipher the brand. Dragging a tool along on burned skin would tear the tissue, making scarring worse, I would think. And it would be “handwritten” as opposed to a stamp-type tool, even more illegible. I’ve seen all sort of body modifications, including brands working in hospitals (surprises me what people do to themselves). Some are perfect, most illegible; a lot, I’m sure, depends on healing, infection, and individual bodies scarring type. And one can easily compare “homemade,” or “self-branding,” a lot of times to what people call “prison tattoos.” I’m not saying a brand is a tattoo, I’m comparing prison tattoo “work” to work by a professional tattoo artist...prison tattoos aren’t necessarily done in prison, but are commonly hand drawn, use crude materials, and are amateur-appearing work, uneven, badly spaced, etc. This is what I think of when I think of SP’s brand. A rough, red clump of healing burned tissue that was done by hand, with workshop tools or with pliers holding a metal bit of some kind that was repeatedly heated. No matter how, or who did it, that would have been immensely painful without the benefit of local anesthesia. MHO.

Personally? I think he looks ashamed and embarrassed. JMO I think she is still paying for her sins in his view. JMO

Looks like a couple of tired parents with little ones underfoot. No need to be uncharitable.

I think it is really important that anyone taking part in this discussion understands what CG is all about.

Mods, please remove this link if it isn't kosher. It gives a good sense about Bethel and his role there:

http://www.charismanews.com/us/6173...mber-who-helped-rescue-abducted-sherri-papini

I have so many thoughts concerning CG that I don't know where to start. First, has he given any interviews or offered any statements regarding why he changed the ransom from $50,000 to a reward of $100,000 for information to totally dropping the reward entirely 24 hrs prior to Sherri Papini reappearing on Thanksgiving? I would really like to hear what he thinks, or what prompted him to change the ransom amount to double for information and then dropping all monetary amounts 24 hours prior to her reappearing. And then offering money to Sherri Papini for surviving her ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper