Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than anything, if this story turns out to be a scheme or hoax of some kind, I'll be beyond pissed about the waste of time and resources LE could have been using to help someone else who actually needed it.

I know we've talked about the statute of limitations on filing a false report.
What about wasting police resources? If this is all made up that is.
Is that a charge and does it also have a 1 year SOL?

I don't remember if this was discussed. Was KP told of the texting with the Michigan man earlier or did he find out right before LE released the information to the public?

It’s never been confirmed. Personally I think he knew she was up to something long before she vanished. Also I would think LE would tell him why they went to Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s never been confirmed. Personally I think he knew she was up to something long before she vanished. Also I would think LE would tell him why they went to Michigan.

Maybe KP is trying to cover up what really happened so as not to upset their children.

Yeah, I'd be ashamed of that!

I think this scenario is a lot more likely than two random hispanic woman with no motive.

I sincerely hope this is resolved. There have been too many incidents where African Americans and Hispanics have been blamed for crimes that never happened. Look at Susan Smith...

Maybe KP is trying to cover up what really happened so as not to upset their children.

Maybe. Idk. I think he always knew and that’s why he made this a big media circus. To teach her a lesson sort of and to pressure her into coming home.

I sincerely hope this is resolved. There have been too many incidents where African Americans and Hispanics have been blamed for crimes that never happened. Look at Susan Smith...
Exactly!! "Bogeymen" for certain kinds of white people. (I am white myself and cringe at these conjured up perps of color.)

I agree. I am curious about the change in info about SPs phone. Lake was adamant that LE found nothing of worth in her phone but now we know they traveled to Michigan to talk to the man she was texting.

Might not have been "texting" via text though. Might have been something such as... ohhh I dunno... Tinder maybe?

and now that the sheriff released the information about the male dna, the michigan man, and the cctv footage of sp running around, i wonder if the p's feel a bit blindsided by the release of that information. It has the feel almost of "tit for tat."

certainly our wanting more information doesn't trump the victim's rights, but the p's are responsible for bringing it to the public's attention with the reward money and the account. If the story of 2 female mexican abductors is not true, then the table has turned and the p's are no longer innocent victims.

I must say i pondered in the beginning if this wasn't a tale of domestic abuse. He caught her in a lie or maybe with another man and literally beat the daylight out of her. Realized what he had done and decided he couldn't kill her, but couldn't have her show up with bruises head to toe either. Must keep up appearances type of situation. So he arranged for a distant friend to put her up until she healed and decided to make himself look good by meeting with cg and doing the reward for her safe return. He figures no harm, no foul, and still comes out smelling like a rose.

Maybe we will eventually get the whole story. Maybe there will be arrests. Just hoping at this point. It's all i have.

this!!!!

Totally agree and how would the KP SP relationship be travelling right now - likely difficult, strained, distant - if the trip to the red birdfeeder thingo gave us any kind of look in - they were not at their happiest - I realise that this was not a 'photo op' but I think they both really looked totally stressed.

And that would be a perfect way to circumvent normal communications.

Yes but I would imagine the police have checked all social media platforms for both of them

Where I am from originally Glasgow, UK. There was a gang called the Alien Abduction Squad who kidnapped people and robbed them. The victims had a good idea but all were vague to the police on who was responsible, hence the name AAS. They were known to slash people in the face so they would remember who done it and never tell Police.

Now I am not saying I believe Sherri but the only thing that would dovetail with her story is the Hispanic gang she beat up years ago (allegedly) returned for revenge. Branded as a warning. Billion to one odds of that having happened IMHO.

What I think happened is they staged it for the go fund me purposes and attention.

Might not have been "texting" via text though. Might have been something such as... ohhh I dunno... Tinder maybe?

How protected is Tinder? I was thinking she would've used Snapchat where messages and photos aren't saved on her phone. Although the original contact might have been Tinder or OKCupid or even Pinterest.

this!!!!

Totally agree and how would the KP SP relationship be travelling right now - likely difficult, strained, distant - if the trip to the red birdfeeder thingo gave us any kind of look in - they were not at their happiest - I realise that this was not a 'photo op' but I think they both really looked totally stressed.

I think so too. Major stress! Hard to imagine having your dirty laundry hung out for all to see and trying to put on a happy holiday face at this time of the year. I keep thinking something has got to give.

I think so too. Major stress! Hard to imagine having your dirty laundry hung out for all to see and trying to put on a happy holiday face at this time of the year. I keep thinking something has got to give.

maybe that’s the timing of the new info release by the SCSO.

I don't think it was linkedin. That is strictly for employment.

LinkedIn has a messenger feature. You can discuss anything you want, employment-related or not.

Regarding the VI’s assertion that nothing of note was found on SP’s phone, I suppose it’s possible the texts were deleted by SP and recovered by LE.

I don't think it was linkedin. That is strictly for employment.

Nope. Missy Bevers (case still unsolved) was using linkedin to carry on with men.
I learned in that case that it is a somewhat popular way for people to have conversations on the downlow.
Who knew?

Nope. Missy Bevers (case still unsolved) was using linkedin to carry on with men.
I learned in that case that it is a somewhat popular way for people to have conversations on the downlow.
Who knew?

I can totally see this, especially if it's someone you met professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper