Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some random thoughts after reading the last thread. (It moved WAY TOO fast for me to comment, but lots of attention is a good thing.)
- One doesn’t necessarily be concerned about a certain party or parties to want a concealed handgun permit. There is a saying among CC holders: ‘Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.’
- One thing that becomes very apparent when you start carrying is vigilance. First you stop and think: ‘Can anyone tell if I’m carrying? Am I ‘printing’? A side benefit of that is that you start paying more attention to others. Are they looking at me? Are they acting suspicious? Are they carrying? As a side note, the only persons I’ve ever determined we’re carrying a concealed gun are plainclothes or off-duty cops – 3 times. They are the absolute WORST at hiding their guns. But I never noticed them until I carried.
- Carrying while jogging is not easy, but I know two cops that do it off duty. (One uses a fanny pack which just screams “Gun!”) The other carried a North Ameican Arms .22. I had a relative – not a cop - that also carried the NAA .22.
- 3 hour run on 02 November and a 5K on 05 November? I don’t believe it was likely IF a good time on that 5K was the goal. That close to the event a runner is going to be ‘tapering’ or doing shorter runs with slower times. IF the 5K was part of the training plan for a longer race later on, then maybe a 2-3 hour run. Typically, when in training for a marathon (and I’m not saying she was a marathon runner or training for one) a runner will do a long run – at least 21 miles – 2-3 weeks before the event and begin their taper.

I still believe this was an abduction. I had a feeling the husband was not the culprit – nothing to base it on except my gut after reading the news.

I believe the phone was thrown out at that intersection and Sherri may have not run that route that day. Hence, no scent found by the dogs. I believe it happened somewhere else. If it was planned, I can imagine it at or near the house at the end of her run. She’s tired and close to home, so probably less vigilant. The phone could have been thrown out on the way away from the house. Abductor’s usually have a comfort zone near where they live. Jesse Matthews (Heather Graham case), Antolin Garcia-Torres (Sierra Lamar) and Jeffrey Willis (Jessica Heeringa) are examples. If I’m right and this is an abduction, I’ll bet the abductor had seen Sherrie before 02 November and she may have even seen him before even if she didn’t know who he was.

Could it have happened IN the house? I think it is possible but not likely as we have not heard of signs of struggle being found. And I don't see someone coming back to clean up as that carries the risk of getting caught. However, if 2 are involved one can straighten up and clean up while the other has her in a vehicle. More than one abductor is rare though.

Knox : cadaver dogs are specifically trained. Her husband knows her , if he thought the gift thing was strange, then it likely is. jmo Sadly, I do not believe she was alive when she left the house. jmo
Do we know if cadaver dogs were used in the house? If she was killed there, I'm pretty sure there would be clear indication by the dogs.

And why no evidence of a struggle in the home? Why even bother to remove her body? Sure would seem to complicate matters for the killer.

Amanda Blackburn, home invasion, murdered, left on the floor. It took a while for LE to determine it was a gang of robbers and murderers. They didn't know her. If Sherri were killed in her home by a stranger, there would be no reason to remove her body and stage it to look like an abduction at an intersection. That makes no sense.

Does anyone know if red herrings have been left in suicide cases? Voluntary missing?

The Rita Maze case is potentially an extremely elaborate red herring where it looks like she faked a very complicated abduction that in reality may have been a suicide

If the abductor knew her, had seen her before or was familiar to her, why were LE so quick to say she is far out of the area? Familiarity suggests close proximity.

Just some random thoughts after reading the last thread. (It moved WAY TOO fast for me to comment, but lots of attention is a good thing.)

-3 hour run on 02 November and a 5K on 05 November? I don’t believe it was likely IF a good time on that 5K was the goal. That close to the event a runner is going to be ‘tapering’ or doing shorter runs with slower times. IF the 5K was part of the training plan for a longer race later on, then maybe a 2-3 hour run. Typically, when in training for a marathon (and I’m not saying she was a marathon runner or training for one) a runner will do a long run – at least 21 miles – 2-3 weeks before the event and begin their taper.

I believe the phone was thrown out at that intersection and Sherri may have not run that route that day. Hence, no scent found by the dogs. I believe it happened somewhere else. If it was planned, I can imagine it at or near the house at the end of her run. She’s tired and close to home, so probably less vigilant.

Thank you for articulating. Both those points were also troubling me along with my previous puzzlement over her route itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would she have been carrying her checkbook?

Which also makes me wonder if she had any credit or bank cards on her as well.

Scenarios:

Voluntary. She was picked up at the intersection by a friend...dropped her phone to appear as abduction...but she would have been wearing her running clothes and taken nothing with her.

If suicide, she is likely nearby. But why drop the phone instead of leaving it at home?

Possibly abducted on another road...he realizes she has a phone, discards it at intersection...which means either the kidnapper had to stop the vehicle in order to remove the phone and ear buds from her, or there was more than one kidnapper.

Or she just happened to be running at the intersection at the very moment an opportunistic kidnapper came upon her ... grabbed her ... threw off the phone and ear buds ... unseen ... and drove far enough away that LE stops searches.

It seems to me that someone wants LE to believe that she was at that intersection, like "Sherri was here." I know I sound like a broken record but I can't shake the feeling that this is not what it appears to be. And I think if LE thought so, they would be handling it differently ... they would be calling it an abduction, for one thing.

To make it look like an abduction and spare her family any guilt and extra grief.

Because a) he cleaned up the scene and b) leaving her body in the house would likely have left touch DNA/ regular DNA prints, etc. It might mean his prints, DNA are on record already...also, it might mean LE would not have a hard time figuring out who killed her. jmo

Why not abduct her when she was outdoors, kill her somewhere else, and hide the body? It would make more sense. Would the killer really want to spend that much time in the victim's home? How could he even be sure he could leave no trace evidence? And what if a lamp or something got broken in the struggle? Just doesn't seem plausible to me. It seems more likely that she disappeared after leaving her home on foot. At least it does to me.

Thanks blue, the checkbook is odd, given our collective speculations. If that was her checkbook they found, I cant make sense of that in an abduction scenario or otherwise, unless she ran off and accidentally dropped it (??).

I have seen this in other case narratives Perp throws some of victim's belongings out of his vehicle,or sets the belongs down.They do it to try to create another possible crime scene, to cloud the primary crime scene. It often seems to work for a while.jmo

Don't the perps in a lot of cases tend to throw away/out belongings of their victims because they don;t want to be caught with those items?

So have we been able to determine if the sighting was around 11am or 2pm?

Her husband figured she left to go jogging around 11 a.m.------neighbors claim to have seen her along Sunrise Drive around 2 p.m.

"Again, the Sheriff’s Office has had multiple eye witness reports from neighbors that know Sherri Papini and she was seen in the area of Sunrise Drive on 11/02/16 in the mid to late-morning/early afternoon wearing a pink jogging top while she was on a jog/walk." https://www.facebook.com/permalink....89968915&id=1527637610823075&substory_index=0
BBM.

I also found the reports by the Shasta County Sheriffs on their facebook page about various recent cases to be interesting. A lot going on for a county with such a small population: https://www.facebook.com/Shasta-County-Sheriffs-Office-1527637610823075/

http://www.redding.com/news/crime/s...0e-2926-0441-e053-0100007f43f7-385626051.html

I wish we could get specific answers to our questions but I doubt the family or LE is going to oblige us. I;m sure they want to protect their investigation.

Amanda Blackburn, home invasion, murdered, left on the floor. It took a while for LE to determine it was a gang of robbers and murderers. They didn't know her. If Sherri were killed in her home by a stranger, there would be no reason to remove her body and stage it to look like an abduction at an intersection. That makes no sense.

Not sure I follow. Are you suggesting that she was killed in her home by someone she knew?

I'd like to know the last time someone physically spoke to her (not texting). I think there's a wide range of times of when something could have happened.

Eyewitness accounts. We don't know when LE interviewed them. I go out for training rides on my bike and there is one lady who is good looking and an above average runner I see every now and then on one road. Another lady parks nearby and takes photos of the sunset, birds or other nature photos. But if LE asked me today what day this last week I saw either of them, I don't know which of the 3-4 days it might be. I wonder if this is what happened here. Someone saw her at 2:00 PM or 11:00 AM, but does one of them have it confused with 01 November if LE didn't interview them till 05-06 November?

I have seen this in other case narratives Perp throws some of victim's belongings out of his vehicle,or sets the belongs down.They do it to try to create another possible crime scene, to cloud the primary crime scene. It often seems to work for a while.jmo

The young woman who went missing in Virginia - her stuff was found in a ditch not far from where she was last seen. I think she was abducted and that's exactly what happened. It was intentionally rifled through and tossed somewhere that was not near where she was taken. IIRC it was near a homeless camp which would have also thrown suspicion on someone other than the guilty party. I remember thinking it made for a great cover. Everyone was focused on searching there and where she'd last been seen and meanwhile she was nowhere near either place.

She's still missing. :(

I believe the phone was thrown out at that intersection and Sherri may have not run that route that day. Hence, no scent found by the dogs. I believe it happened somewhere else. If it was planned, I can imagine it at or near the house at the end of her run. She’s tired and close to home, so probably less vigilant. The phone could have been thrown out on the way away from the house. Abductor’s usually have a comfort zone near where they live. Jesse Matthews (Heather Graham case), Antolin Garcia-Torres (Sierra Lamar) and Jeffrey Willis (Jessica Heeringa) are examples. If I’m right and this is an abduction, I’ll bet the abductor had seen Sherrie before 02 November and she may have even seen him before even if she didn’t know who he was.

RSBM/BBM

Common mistake and I can talk today lol but it's Hannah Graham

(in case someone is interested enough to look the case up)

If the abductor knew her, had seen her before or was familiar to her, why were LE so quick to say she is far out of the area? Familiarity suggests close proximity.

Good question. LE apparently believes a stranger abducted her. Having scoured the immediate area and found nothing, they must think she is outside the immediate area and could, in fact, be anywhere the abductor decided to take her to.

Going back to thread #1 and the evidence photos it would appear her phone was found on the Eastern side of the road. Let's say she was abducted at home and they were headed to the hwy when they threw it out the window. Why would they throw it out the passenger side window?

More than one person was involved, maybe, and someone was sitting in the passenger seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284