Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to catch up all day but when I come back after a break, there's 100+ posts so sorry if this was mentioned. (Side note for those using microphones on their phone to do voice to text, if you say "period" at the end of a sentence, it adds punctuation. Very difficult to read some posts when it's one giant sentence. )

I've read about the gift and some of her things being left at home while others were found out on her normal jog route. But has anything been mentioned, not from speculation, but in the news, about whether or not the house door seemed to be left open or shut?

Everyone has been going back and forth over what the gift meant, which made me think of how the house was left.

If I was walking out to the driveway or sidewalk, I'd say most people might leave the door open or slightly closed. If I was headed out to a neighbors house, to get the mail, go for a run, Id be shutting off lights, making sure the doors were shut, locked, etc.

Please don't turn this into an argument or back and forth of what you do or don't do. I'm not saying everyone wouldn't shut and lock the door bc some people do while others don't. In Michigan some people up north leave their doors unlocked/ garage open/ etc while those downstate would never think to do that for the most part. Just looking for info on what was reported if anything. But through my reading today I haven't seen that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good catch! I was thinking it was the weekend before. So it would've been daylight out when he returned home. But I'm still not sure they were professional trimmers. When LE arrived that night, IMO, the local RSOs would've been the first homes to visit if going door to door. IIRC, it was a couple that was trimming the tree. I could be way off, still looking for the source.

The time change is what got me thinking, but it wasn't until Nov 6. Maybe it was earlier than 5 that he got home. Thats a lot to do in 51 minutes, come home, call/ text wide, anybody else he tried to contact, call daycare, use phone app, go out and find evidence while talking to people.

One thing that stood out to me was Garcia said something like "it's strange no one saw an abduction". I was wondering what he saw in the neighborhood that made him think someone should have seen something...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Hi 😊 I've been lurking but wanted to add that Garcia's comment stood out to me too. A few people.saw her jogging or out that day, yet no one saw her abducted or reported suspicious behavior. Also, am wondering about the house where a bed had been used and blonde hair was found. Has anyone confirmed whether it is near her house or where she went missing?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Leah Hickman's sister had that same demeanor that you describe. But ... sleuthing family / non-suspects is a no-no. Your description just brought SP to my mind immediately.

Family members talking to media isn't sleuthing, which we've talked extensively about KP's interview

I don't remember her pink jacket being found and it's not mentioned on the Fox40 article that's linked to.

There was a picture of the pink jacket (person wearing it but head was chopped off from the photo) and I believe they showed it because it was the last article of clothing she was seen wearing.

sherrioutfit_c8d7dce54b2ae839437b7126a8754ca2.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

I can't seem to keep up on this thread. Has anyone had the time to post a solid timeline or a list of evidence?

So I inferred too much, blaming it on the hubby, since we always get to cut out own trees. Joy. Could be homeowners, could be pros?? On a side note, IMO, the half-wrapped present doesn't really have much bearing. She could've gotten a call and needed to grab info for the caller or maybe she finished it that morning and wanted to show the kids before wrapping it for KP.

Keith says he believes his wife went jogging around 11 a.m., shortly after he didn’t return her text. “I am putting her leaving around that time,” he says. “That is based on the text I got, and there were some people I spoke with that were cutting down a tree, and they informed us that they saw my wife running. ”

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/husband-pleas-wife-return-she-165512662.html

In Michigan some people up north leave their doors unlocked/ garage open/ etc while those downstate would never think to do that for the most part. Just looking for info on what was reported if anything. But through my reading today I haven't seen that.

rsbm and OT:
That is so interesting to me! In northern Sweden people often leave their doors unlocked too. (And in some cases if they aren't home you are welcome to go inside.) I guess there's a lot of Scandinavian influence in northern Michigan? I've read about saunas being popular in the UP.

There was a picture of the pink jacket (person wearing it but head was chopped off from the photo) and I believe they showed it because it was the last article of clothing she was seen wearing.

View attachment 104651

Right, but that's not the same thing as being "spotted nearby." I haven't seen anything about it other than she might have been wearing it and since it's not a direct quote from her husband or LE I don't think it's accurate.

I've been trying to catch up all day but when I come back after a break, there's 100+ posts so sorry if this was mentioned. (Side note for those using microphones on their phone to do voice to text, if you say "period" at the end of a sentence, it adds punctuation. Very difficult to read some posts when it's one giant sentence. )

I've read about the gift and some of her things being left at home while others were found out on her normal jog route. But has anything been mentioned, not from speculation, but in the news, about whether or not the house door seemed to be left open or shut?

Everyone has been going back and forth over what the gift meant, which made me think of how the house was left.

If I was walking out to the driveway or sidewalk, I'd say most people might leave the door open or slightly closed. If I was headed out to a neighbors house, to get the mail, go for a run, Id be shutting off lights, making sure the doors were shut, locked, etc.

Please don't turn this into an argument or back and forth of what you do or don't do. I'm not saying everyone wouldn't shut and lock the door bc some people do while others don't. In Michigan some people up north leave their doors unlocked/ garage open/ etc while those downstate would never think to do that for the most part. Just looking for info on what was reported if anything. But through my reading today I haven't seen that.

I haven't heard one way or another about the door, but it's been bothering me a lot.

If locked, then no stranger took her from her home.
If unlocked, then I doubt she was abducted while jogging. Who leaves a door unlocked to their home that has at least one gun inside (assuming Sherri didn't take it jogging) when they leave? I hope everyone locks a door in that situation.
So if she did lock it, how would she get back in since her keys were still at home?

Family members talking to media isn't sleuthing, which we've talked extensively about KP's interview

But she was suggesting youtube videos for the purpose of interpreting the SIL's demeanor as giddy / feigning sorrow in light of Sherri's disappearance. That would cast aspersions on her, which would be considered sleuthing a non-suspect, correct? I would think so, but the lines get so blurred around here sometimes ... ;)

I saw those also, though my mind went to a possible enhancement type of surgery. I also noticed her nose ring. Which isn't a big deal (lots of people have them) but from how everyone describes her it was just surprising to see.

As for the gift she was wrapping, someone mentioned it was for their anniversary coming up? Though on redding.com it shows their wedding date as August 12, 2009. Also on a side note....someone else on here mentioned her daughter turned 2 in July but she actually turned 2 last month according her grandfather's fb page.

My heart aches for her family. I have never been comfortable going out alone for these reasons exactly. I pray she is found safe. Those kids need their mommy!!

Btw those who don't like her husband's reaction on the news... imo this isn't a situation anyone knows how to react to. I'm sure he is still in disbelief & shock. :( :(

What made you jump to an enhancement surgery? FYI the picture you're referring to is almost 13 years old, from 2004. She was likely 21 or 22 in that photo.

Responding to LIZ B:

Duping delight, and beyond. Smiling, laughing, nearly giddy but seemingly trying hard to conceal it, disingenuous facial expressions and eye contact, and even making excuses for being "emotionless." Go to YouTube, and enter the search term "Sherri papini family talks." I'm not saying her sister-in-law did anything wrong. I'm describing how her actions look to me in this video.
Interesting. She is such a good mom that it's
"annoying actually". Says her SIL.
Her sister is barely holding it together. Hope they find her soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Browsing the internet I found this site. It's got all the articles on this case and other interesting stuff. A place where I could see the creep that took her lurking around on. https://www.follownews.com/hashtag/sherri-papini

Article states that LE combed through video footage of homes and businesses where she would have been jogging. And saw nothing at all, no trace of her... this is the thing that I can't quite reconcile here...jmo

I read a post on here by someone there was a vigil at a church, but I haven't found anything in MSM, has anyone seen this info officially reported?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Trying to catch up so sorry if this has been said is that their children don't know their mom is missing yet so maybe that's why they haven't done one.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

rsbm and OT:
That is so interesting to me! In northern Sweden people often leave their doors unlocked too. (And in some cases if they aren't home you are welcome to go inside.) I guess there's a lot of Scandinavian influence in northern Michigan? I've read about saunas being popular in the UP.

OT: I'm not sure! I have family in the upper part the lower peninsula near Traverse City. When I would visit as a kid, my aunt would leave the garage open and doors unlocked during the day or if we went anywhere. Obviously times are changing but I'm not sure if they feel safer being farther from the big cities or just their way of life. Being from the lower part of Michigan I lock my car behind me as soon as I get in. People are whacko.

Which led me to wonder about this as maybe a clue to whether or not it was meant to be a quick in and out or she really was out for a longer planned period of time. Obviously I know someone could've shut the door but if it was a case of grab and go, not sure if they'd take the time to do so.

I haven't heard one way or another about the door, but it's been bothering me a lot.

If locked, then no stranger took her from her home.
If unlocked, then I doubt she was abducted while jogging. Who leaves a door unlocked to their home that has at least one gun inside (assuming Sherri didn't take it jogging) when they leave? I hope everyone locks a door in that situation.
So if she did lock it, how would she get back in since her keys were still at home?

Who would go jogging and leave their keys at home though ?

OT: I'm not sure! I have family in the upper part the lower peninsula near Traverse City. When I would visit as a kid, my aunt would leave the garage open and doors unlocked during the day or if we went anywhere. Obviously times are changing but I'm not sure if they feel safer being farther from the big cities or just their way of life. Being from the lower part of Michigan I lock my car behind me as soon as I get in. People are whacko.

Which led me to wonder about this as maybe a clue to whether or not it was meant to be a quick in and out or she really was out for a longer planned period of time. Obviously I know someone could've shut the door but if it was a case of grab and go, not sure if they'd take the time to do so.

I was born and raised in Northern Michigan, lived there for 36 years ... we always locked our doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member