Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's something I'm gonna have to get myself................a negotiator.

He also doesn't state how much he's willing to pay...... $60 bucks ?............$200 ? 5 grand ?

Probably a spammer trying to collect peoples phone numbers so he can sell them to vendors...........you know..........sort of like those pukes on Craigslist do.

I believe that website was created by the family and the anonymous person is probably also a family member. The website has been up for quite a while before this was posted.

Well, I myself would be terrified. But obviously there must be enough other logical conclusions that keep LE from saying she was abducted.
I would have to think it's because they have no idea. There might be no affairs, funny stuff on her electronics, no history of depression or marriage issues...just poof.....they don't want to label it without some inkling

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If I believed my wife went out jogging, she didn't return, and I found her phone and earbuds on the side of the road I would almost definitely worry she was abducted too. What other logical conclusions are there?
Honestly I would call the local ER's first assuming accident/injury, but there may be (likely is) more to the story.

911 call would be interesting - did he already assume abduction or was he hoping they could tell him if she was in a hospital?

There could have been more signs of a struggle at home they aren't releasing, history with a stalker or something that made him go straight to abduction. Who knows with this case? [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Honestly I would call the local ER's first assuming accident/injury, but there may be (likely is) more to the story.

911 call would be interesting - did he already assume abduction or was he hoping they could tell him if she was in a hospital?

There could have been more signs of a struggle at home they aren't releasing, history with a stalker or something that made him go straight to abduction. Who knows with this case? [emoji52]

Do people really call the ERs? I think I would just call 911 myself.

I believe that website was created by the family and the anonymous person is probably also a family member. The website has been up for quite a while before this was posted.

I see. And as soon as this person leaves town on business......the deal is off. Hmmmmm......must be a micro-manager type.

Does LE seeming lack of urgency to find her suggest that they believe she is no longer alive?
Seems like a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on, fbi assisting. So what could that mean?

I get the impression they don't think abduction. Sheriff keeps saying they can't call it one. Insists everyone is safe. No releasing of information that might lead to abductor.

Definitely different than any cases I've followed before.

If someone is injured and police / ambulance are called the phone's not going to be left on the side of the road. Same with a good samaritan. I don't know, I'd definitely jump to something nefarious...would seem too suspicious to me.

This was my thoughts too I think they are prepared to do anything possible to bring Sherri home and are speaking directly to the person or persons responsible.

Is the part about leaving town on business an attempt to speed up the process?

Do people really call the ERs? I think I would just call 911 myself.

Yes, I've done it myself. 911 won't know if someone got themselves to a hospital somehow. Call the hospital and ask if patient has been admitted by name or description.

This is why, in that video posted earlier the LEO officer said they checked with local hospitals - it's one of the first things to check.

Wow. That offer to pay ransom. I'm swinging back towards some of my initial feelings at this point. This seems like a crazy plot for a television show or an episode of Black Mirror or something. It could provide a way for Sherri to come back one way or the other. Hypothetical only. I'm not concluding anything. Whatever this is or turns out to mean, to me it seems to offer some kind of hope that Sherri has a chance.

http://sherripapini.com/#letter

What all was on it before? Was there any kind of text/message or just links?

If someone is injured and police / ambulance are called the phone's not going to be left on the side of the road. Same with a good samaritan. I don't know, I'd definitely jump to something nefarious...would seem too suspicious to me.
Never know in an emergency. Ambulance would not. Good Samaritan might. Sherri on her own, disoriented likely would.

I can only say that I personally would not jump to abduction. I would certainly think something BAD happened, but abduction would not be my first thought for an adult. Maybe now it will be.

Eta: I'm not pointing fingers at husband in any way. He has reasons to believe what he does. The entire family does.

This was my thoughts too I think they are prepared to do anything possible to bring Sherri home and are speaking directly to the person or persons responsible.

Is the part about leaving town on business an attempt to speed up the process?

That's how I took it. Also note how in the letter there is a willingness to speak to the press just so long as the media doesn't use the ransom number but instead emails their contact info to be called back.

That website was registered November 7. That was the Monday everyone stopped searching the local area. The reward had gone to $50,000.

I think it's someone looking to collect the reward. He/she could be thinking they could split it with the abductor.

It's just one more totally bizarre thing in this case.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

What all was on it before? Was there any kind of text/message or just links?

It was basically links and things like a picture of hers. The website owner basically just added that letter on to what was there before and changed the header.

I agree, the most obvious conclusion that anyone would naturally draw from that scene is abduction. I wouldn't think someone going to commit suicide would just decide to drop their phone on the side of the road. Voluntary missing is easy enough without the need to create a dramatic scenario. If LE from the beginning wasn't buying it lock, stock and barrel, there's gotta be a reason.

The really upsetting thing to me is if it WAS an abduction, if that was me ... or my daughter ... and just because they have nothing more to go on than an abandoned phone, they aren't taking it seriously. I pray they have a very good reason for how they've handled this because it's the life of a human being who may not be coming back. Many of us who have been on WS for years are saying this is the strangest handling of a case we've ever seen. I realize it can take months, even years, to get their ducks in a row ... I just pray that they have more than one duck at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli