Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KP has been cleared. How he found her phone or why he did it that way doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Forgive me as I have not read the 200 or so pages on this case so I'm not completely caught up, but the hair/phone/earbuds seemed suspicious to me immediately. My first thought was that it was left there on purpose. If someone did something to her, why would they have left it there? If she dropped it while being pulled in to a car, what's with the hair? Are there any more details about the hair? Since it was mentioned, I'm inclined to believe it was more than just a couple of strands. It would be quite easy to rip a chunk of hair from your head, drop your phone, and walk the other way.

It just seems very odd to me that it was left there. If I decided I was going to snatch a woman off the street in the suburbs, I would not be so callous as to leave behind the phone. The hair makes no sense to me either. Seems like a red herring. JMO.

KP has been cleared. How he found her phone or why he did it that way doesn't matter.

He's been cleared of any involvement in her disappearance. I was discussing the possibility of her leaving voluntarily and why she may have. They aren't the same situation.

Two passages from this link that capture my interest:

http://eastvalleytimes.com/shasta-county-sheriffs-office-gives-update-sherri-papini/

"The Sheriff’s Office is very aware of the multiple theories surrounding Sherri’s disappearance however, there has not been enough evidence to definitely identify with certainty the circumstances surrounding Sherri’s disappearance."

"As part of detective’s efforts to determine the circumstances surrounding Sherri’s disappearance, detectives have spoken with family, friends, old acquaintances as well as people Sherri has had past relationships with to determine her whereabouts. This process takes time and detectives continue to check and verify people’s information, timelines and alibis to determine their authenticity to rule out any person who may have information regarding Sherri’s whereabouts. This type of follow up has taken detectives out of state in the hopes that Sherri could be found."

I think I'm in the voluntarily camp.

It bothers me that the husband used the find my iphone feature to find his wife's phone. Having been in relationships with controlling men, it comes off as disturbing to me. It sounds like a very controlling move, one he possibly used in the past to keep tabs on her. She may have just decided to leave a bad situation.

At the time I had a significant other who thought it was appropriate to be tracking the gps on my phone, he also had keylogging software installed on my computer, and my phone and the internet modem would be taken with him when I was left at home alone. I wasn't "allowed" to go many places, even to visit my mother at her house. I didn't have a vehicle, but I did fantasize about just driving somewhere and leaving my phone and getting the hell away without telling a soul where I was going. No one on the outside had a clue any of it was going on.

Lemonbread I'm so sorry you had to go through that. After learning about domestic abuse I think they all follow a plan and what your SO did lines up perfectly. You probably know that.

I'm glad you were able to get away.

I'm still in the abduction camp and think it was someone known or that had seen SP prior to this day. IMO, that's why the family thinks abduction. Maybe there was a creepy experience (someone in passing) that made her uncomfortable enough to tell the family. I wish we knew more about the 2:00 sighting. <modsnip>

Interesting points. I agree we do see situations where a family doesn't want to admit their missing loved one was depressed but I'm not sure how to reconcile that theory with what the family HAS done and said publicly in this case. Would they offer a $40,000 reward if they thought their loved one had committed suicide? Stop looking around the area she went missing and say she must be out of the area? Claim she was abducted in every interview and even allow an anonymous "ransom negotiator" to offer a reward for her safe return? IDK. If the family really thinks suicide or voluntarily missing they are putting on an Oscar-worthy performance to convince the public she has been abducted (IMO). Most family's want their loved one's body found even if they think suicide happened. Constantly pointing to abduction won't get her body found any faster, IMO, if she was suicidal. So I'm left wondering what motive there could be for all the pointing to abduction. Maybe I've been fooled but I believe most of the family believes she was abducted. Still not sure what I believe happened though.

He's been cleared of any involvement in her disappearance. I was discussing the possibility of her leaving voluntarily and why she may have. They aren't the same situation.
My comment wasn't directed to you. Over 5 threads we circle around KP accessing the app to find her phone.

Interesting points. I agree we do see situations where a family doesn't want to admit their missing loved one was depressed but I'm not sure how to reconcile that theory with what the family HAS done and said publicly in this case. Would they offer a $40,000 reward if they thought their loved one had committed suicide? Stop looking around the area she went missing and say she must be out of the area? Claim she was abducted in every interview and even allow an anonymous "ransom negotiator" to offer a reward for her safe return? IDK. If the family really thinks suicide or voluntarily missing they are putting on an Oscar-worthy performance to convince the public she has been abducted (IMO). Most family's want their loved one's body found even if they think suicide happened. Constantly pointing to abduction won't get her body found any faster, IMO, if she was suicidal. So I'm left wondering what motive there could be for all the pointing to abduction. Maybe I've been fooled but I believe most of the family believes she was abducted. Still not sure what I believe happened though.

Not so much a motive, but for psychological reasons. Actually if you watch her friends' interview she as much as says it where she basically hopes was abducted and alive as she can't think about the alternatives. Unless there's a body, it could be very hard for them to accept she ran away or isn't alive as until then I think it's easiest emotionally to think she was involuntarily taken away and is living.

It's very true it could have been a logical and perfectly acceptable move in this case to track her phone. But having been through what I have, it bothers me, and my experience leads me to question if she was as happy as the media portrays her to be. We all have different life experiences and relationship dynamics that can cast things in a different light, and it's useful to look at these circumstances with as much input as possible. I'm not saying it's likely or even presumable that she was in an abusive relationship, but we should be aware of these things and know that one can look like they're in the happiest relationship in the world and actually be miserable.

BBM. No one is as happy as the media portrays them to be. And no one has the perfect marriage. An no one is the perfect mother. I think the family/media has the idea that selling Sherri's life as the perfect fairy tale is the best way to generate interest. It's a sad reality, but the missing women in this country who gain the vast majority of attention are the pretty, white, innocent ones.

I mean, have you ever seen a "massive" search for a missing prostitute? If it was my relative missing, I'd paint her as Snow White, too, if I wanted anyone to help me or be interested. I'm not saying that's right or just, but that is the current reality in our little corner of the world.

Not so much a motive, but for psychological reasons. Actually if you watch her friends' interview she as much as says it where she basically hopes was abducted and alive as she can't think about the alternatives. Unless there's a body, it could be very hard for them to accept she ran away or isn't alive as until then I think it's easiest emotionally to think she was involuntarily taken away and is living.
In this case I just think she meant she hopes Sherri isn't dead for any reason, or being tortured/abused until dead.

Obviously, the best hopeful outcome is that Sherri just ran off, and I'm sure they would agree to that as well.

If the sightings of her were correct with her being seen jogging at 11 and 2, I think she could have been going somewhere. If she knew she was being tracked, she could have hidden the phone on the road and been picked up along Old Oregon Trail where she could have done this frequently which this time she either got murdered by that person or took off with them.

I think so too.

Can you provide the link(s) that shows the 3 separate ransom offers?
Secret Witness $10,000

http://www.redding.com/news/local/3...-area-west-of-Redding-399779021.html?d=mobile

Family $40,000

http://www.redding.com/news/local/V...earch-for-missing-mom-400036821.html?d=mobile

Anonymous No $ Amount (the other rewards are referenced but the letter does not state an amount. The Sheriff actually misspoke when he mentioned it was an additional $50,000.)

http://sherripapini.com

If the sightings of her were correct with her being seen jogging at 11 and 2, I think she could have been going somewhere. If she knew she was being tracked, she could have hidden the phone on the road and been picked up along Old Oregon Trail where she could have done this frequently which this time she either got murdered by that person or took off with them.

Why would Sherri make a habit of hiding her phone on Old Oregon Trail, when it would be so much easier to simply leave it at home?

Edited to fully explain my meaning.

I am thinking abduction. After reading everything and studying her pinterest account, I think she would not leave her kids voluntarily. She seems enthusiastic and in control. I didn't see any pins that point to unhappiness with her life or underlying depression. She was wrapping a gift.for her hubby and wanting to know if he would be home for lunch. It appears she was out on a routine jog. Nothing appears to be out of place here and LE, her family have said as much. Ocam's razor says abduction. They are rare, but in this case, it would be a stretch to be anything else. She doesnt even have a car..how would she leave voluntarily? If she was with someone and somewhere, why no sightings or video of her since that day? I'm afraid this won't be solved without a confession or someone discovering her. I SO want this to be her taking off, but IMO, she was abducted.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

In this case I just think she meant she hopes Sherri isn't dead for any reason, or being tortured/abused until dead.
Obviously, the best hopeful outcome is that Sherri just ran off, and I'm sure they would agree to that as well.

I'm addressing the question as to why the family would offer a reward if they thought she committed suicide, which I'm saying that's something the family probably couldn't emotionally handle to think about at this time so focusing on abduction is an outlet for them.

Does anyone know what time KP (hubby) went to work that morning or who dropped off kids at daycare?

No. But I would guess that hubby dropped them off at daycare given that the sheriff reported that video surveillance from businesses and residences the day Sherri went missing showed no sign of her. Childcare centers in my area all have a bizillion video cameras. Sherri certainly would have been on video at the daycare when/if she dropped the kids off that morning. But she's apparently (according to the sheriff) not on any video anywhere that day.

Then why not just leave the phone at home?
Yes, or why not turn off the find my iPhone feature, change her passwords,etc? I don't believe she was being tracked. It is a feature on her phone that her H used to track the phone. If it is her iphone account, she could have turned it off. If she wanted to stage an abduction, she could've done it better than a phone in the road

If she was last seen jogging where the phone was found, why didn't the person who saw her also see the abduction? Did she stop to.check the mail? Did they see her jogging one way and she was abducted coming back to that location? I hope they are checking the neighbors out....I wonder if the PI is still on the case and if so, what he's doing?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

To throw people off?

So you're saying if she knew she was being tracked, it became her habit to hide the phone on Old Oregon Trail in order to do something nefarious without being detected (despite the fact that whoever would be tracking her could see that she hadn't moved for hours), instead of simply leaving her phone at home ... in order to throw people off?

Because that's what was suggested. And I'm trying to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654