Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6a04849a71ff471c215282b7a3861bd0.jpg

Does anyone know what happened with the last report above: "Green Chevy Dually PU who may have witnessed interaction between woman on foot and male in a vehicle"? 415 I believe is an assault. I have not seen any news or comments in the postings I have read here. Sorry if this is old info for most of you.

Agree that the day care is important to the timeline.
However the early reports (see thread #1) say that was one of her routines. But there is nothing about that day routine.
The hub indicated he was worried when he arrived home and no one was there.
So who picked up the kids? Reported that the family had them.
How did they know to pick them up, unless that was routine? And why did KP not know they were with family earlier?
Strange

The husband called his parents after he could not find Sherri and he found out the kids were still at daycare. They went and got the kids and brought them home while he searched for Sherri and waited for the police to show up.

Thanks did not see that reported before.
Still seems odd they were there all that time and no notification unless it was normal to pick them up that late.

Still seems odd they were there all that time and no notification unless it was normal to pick them up that late.

Good point. When did Sherri normally pick them up, and what is the procedure when a parent is late?

It's not right to assume, I know, but I would think the daycare would have more than one "emergency" contact. If they couldn't reach Sherri, I would think they would contact someone else.

Or, maybe, late afternoon pick-ups were not out of routine. But, in that case, why would their absence raise alarms for the husband when he got home?

IDK.

jmo

I said I found several what?
Phones? Maybe it wasn't you. After thousands of posts I'm likely losing it. Someone said it would be more likely if a phone fell out of a car along the side of a road. Sorry if I misquoted.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Okay, I haul this out twice a day; here 'tis for the night shift, comrades.

(Stagehand somewhat wearily hauls it out again.)

So what happened, ya think? List your top 3 or 5 or dozen, in order. No. 2 pencil.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Murdered by known person; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver took body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

Opinion-shift? This is free; do it again.

2, 4, 9, 10.

Leaning more toward 9 and 10 than before - although only half of it is on her.

Many guests are reading this thread - please consider joining WS and being part of the discussion. We all started with one case that drew our attention. Consider yourself welcome!

Phones? Maybe it wasn't you. After thousands of posts I'm likely losing it. Someone said it would be more likely if a phone fell out of a car along the side of a road. Sorry if I misquoted.

No, not me. But I can certainly understand getting lost here!
This case, though ...

Good point. When did Sherri normally pick them up, and what is the procedure when a parent is late?

It's not right to assume, I know, but I would think the daycare would have more than one "emergency" contact. If they couldn't reach Sherri, I would think they would contact someone else.

Or, maybe, late afternoon pick-ups were not out of routine. But, in that case, why would their absence raise alarms for the husband when he got home?

IDK.

jmo
Yes remembering from my days you pay for a normal day, roughly what a school day is, and pay extra for the extended hours. Could be but why extended hours id she worked at home?
And any other people beside the parents need to have approval to release them to, so only certain family members on file and likely known.

Ok so I haven't figured out where I want to go exactly with this so maybe someone can help. I read this quote awhile ago and the last part has stuck out with me. I cannot get my thoughts gathered around how I want to tie it in yet. Let me go ahead and add a disclaimer this is not about KP even though it's his quote.

http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

“I didn’t get that message because I don’t usually bring my personal phone in with me,” he tells PEOPLE. “I texted her back later at 1:30 p.m. and said, ‘Sorry, it is going to be a late day.’ ”

Focusing on that last sentence. (I can't bold on my phone-or don't know how. )

So let's say she did read that text but didn't respond. It doesn't really make sense in terms of responding to her lunch text but whatever. My point here isn't about KP so please do not take it that way.

It's about the "late day" part of the response. So on this day, KP comes home around 5, which he's saying is a late day.

When is he normally home? If we say she willing left/ran away, would she use this in any way knowing he wouldn't be home at his normal time, whatever that may be? Based on what we know about her phone, I'm guessing she never got that text anyways. Butttttt, if she did. I don't know. I can't quite get my thoughts straight to explain it but wanted to toss it out there with the willingness to leave theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has bothered me from the start. It makes no sense.

Dumb question below
If she regularly runs that route would her scent not stand out to the dogs?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dumb question below

I don't think there are any dumb questions on this IMO

The official website (at least for some members of the family) says this as far as her routine (and also the website makes no mention of the ransom):
"As part of her routine, Sherri usually picks up the couple’s two children and jogs in the afternoons."
http://findsherri.com/
While KP said this based on both the text he received and witnesses:
"Keith says he believes his wife went jogging around 11 a.m., shortly after he didn’t return her text. 'I am putting her leaving around that time,' he says. 'That is based on the text I got, and there were some people I spoke with that were cutting down a tree, and they informed us that they saw my wife running.'"

Dumb question below

Not a dumb question. Depending on the dog, I would think so. I've read where a bloodhound can track a scent that is 300 hours old.

6a04849a71ff471c215282b7a3861bd0.jpg

Does anyone know what happened with the last report above: "Green Chevy Dually PU who may have witnessed interaction between woman on foot and male in a vehicle"? 415 I believe is an assault. I have not seen any news or comments in the postings I have read here. Sorry if this is old info for most of you.

I'm guessing they cleared that as not her. That was near a gas station and probably had video of that incident? Did they ever say how far she ran everyday? And what her route was?

Check me on this but I think that LE has said that "electronic communication" with the phone stopped at noon.
Not sure if that means the power was off, or there were no human activated actions on the phone (text, calls).
So she would not have seen a 1:30 text.
The phone must have been powered on since it was found using the find phone app.

(Would be interesting to see the pings prior to noon and from noon until when it was found)

Ok so I haven't figured out where I want to go exactly with this so maybe someone can help. I read this quote awhile ago and the last part has stuck out with me. I cannot get my thoughts gathered around how I want to tie it in yet. Let me go ahead and add a disclaimer this is not about KP even though it's his quote.

“I didn’t get that message because I don’t usually bring my personal phone in with me,” he tells PEOPLE. “I texted her back later at 1:30 p.m. and said, ‘Sorry, it is going to be a late day.’ ”

Focusing on that last sentence. (I can't bold on my phone-or don't know how. )

So let's say she did read that text but didn't respond. It doesn't really make sense in terms of responding to her lunch text but whatever. My point here isn't about KP so please do not take it that way.

It's about the "late day" part of the response. So on this day, KP comes home around 5, which he's saying is a late day.

When is he normally home? If we say she willing left/ran away, would she use this in any way knowing he wouldn't be home at his normal time, whatever that may be? Based on what we know about her phone, I'm guessing she never got that text anyways. Butttttt, if she did. I don't know. I can't quite get my thoughts straight to explain it but wanted to toss it out there with the willingness to leave theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I agree odd thing to say unless he usually got off around 4 and was going to work OT that day? However the business does not open until 10 am. So 10-5 is not 8 hours. A late day would be more like 8pm. with an hour lunch. But he came home at 5? That does not seem "late" to me.

There's so much reading between the lines and assumptions in this case, it's a shame. Nobody's given any details of normal routines. We know she jogs, but not really general times or days or routes. We know the kids were in daycare, but don't know the usual days and times. The family's called it preschool, but for children that age, assuming they were dropped off in the morning, picking them up in the mid-afternoon would be considered an extended day -- kind of like aftercare, imo. For which she'd most likely pack them a lunch (or Keith would) depending on who dropped them off, but again, we have no clue and nobody's sharing. The family did share that "preschool" was a few (or a couple?) days a week for a few hours. So, it's definitely part of the routine.

I assume that it was routine for the kids to stay for extended care, based on the fact that they didn't call around wondering who was picking up the kids. Or, that whoever dropped them off that day, provided lunch for the kids and communicated that the kids would be staying later.

Keith mentioned it was odd for them to not be home when he got home. But he also shared that he was running late that day. So, again getting home around the 5:00ish hour we should assume is late for him?

Okay, gotta cross the Hudson (not on an ice floe) for an appointment; let's have this solved when I get back in a few hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member