Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to find a body when nobody is looking at all.
Agree with posters upthread, why aren't locals being urged to check their properties? Why aren't they searching local woods etc?

I don't think this is a case of the husband doing it. He was cleared early and doesn't give me hinky feelings at all. Maybe he did, what do I know? I can only say what my feels are.
I did feel this was abduction, but the longer things go without any further evidence the more I think it's probably the more statistically likely suicide.

Yes, deliberately leaving for a new life is also an option but where is the evidence?

Sorry who is "they"? Law enforcement? Family?

I don't think any of them believe it. Primarily because they called searches off so fast and then said she was far away ... within a week!

How do they know that?
What do they know that they aren't sharing?

"She's far away" is very vague, but knowing that surely requires specific evidence.

I'm not saying you personally know the answers to those questions, by the way!

I understand that searches on foot have been done, but I'm wondering why the lake hasn't been searched.

I was actually just discussing this with my mother-in-law earlier, but assuming that you haven't been to Shasta Lake, it is very murky and hard to see anything that goes about 1 foot into the water. I have gone there many times to swim over the summer and it always seems like its pretty murky. Searching it would be very difficult due to the large size and vast amount of areas around it but that's not to say it shouldn't be done. Considering her close proximity to the lake, I too have wondered why there is no mention of searching it, unless they believe it to be fruitless.

So let's say there was a kidnapper and he called and arranged to get ransom money transferred to a Swiss bank account. Sherri is released and back home. How could she ever move on? She would be paranoid the rest of her life the guy would come back again.

I was actually just discussing this with my mother-in-law earlier, but assuming that you haven't been to Shasta Lake, it is very murky and hard to see anything that goes about 1 foot into the water. I have gone there many times to swim over the summer and it always seems like its pretty murky. Searching it would be very difficult due to the large size and vast amount of areas around it but that's not to say it shouldn't be done. Considering her close proximity to the lake, I too have wondered why there is no mention of searching it, unless they believe it to be fruitless.

Wouldn't a murky lake be a perfect place to hide a body? Especially one that's apparently not worth searching in?

Not that I'm saying her body is in there. Just that thought popped into my head.

How do they know that?

"She's far away" is very vague, but knowing that surely requires specific evidence.

Lol ... Thanks, I wish I did! :)

Wouldn't a murky lake be a perfect place to hide a body? Especially one that's apparently not worth searching in?

Not that I'm saying her body is in there. Just that thought popped into my head.

Yes exactly what my thoughts were too. That is why I feel maybe they know she isn't in there or I question why they have made no mention of looking there.

On our local news several years ago a woman was found buried in her good friend /co-worker's back yard. It was woodsy and not discovered I dont think for years later. It wasnt in an isolated area, but the timing was right and no one noticed him digging the grave or burying her. All in the timing.

I can't imagine this woman all alone out there surviving in the woods, but who knows anything is possible at this point. She definitely did her research as far as her pinterest page tells us.

I didn't mean to imply she was surviving in the woods. She might know where an empty cabin is, though.

Here's a pertinent quote from her crafting website:

"Hobbies: Hiking. I live in Northern California with some of the best scenery in the state!"

Source:
https://web.archive.org/web/20081121001211/http://www.startfromscraps.com/meet_the_designer.htm

On our local news several years ago a woman was found buried in her good friend /co-worker's back yard. It was woodsy and not discovered I dont think for years later. It wasnt in an isolated area, but the timing was right and no one noticed him digging the grave or burying her. All in the timing.

Unless on social media and I haven't seen it, there has not been any suggestion that any exes or colleagues or friends of Sherri's had any kind of unhealthy obsession with her is there?

Not that it's up to me, but I'd say use some of the money raised to search the lake. While I truly hope she is still alive; it seems like an obvious place to look given the close proximity to where she was last seen.

I know Redding pretty good that part of the state is deep woods. With lake and mountain . Wish her luck .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The aggressive language and stance is so much like the dad's approach in the movie Ransom. I mean, it worked out for the "good guy" in the movie, but it seems exceptionally risky (to say the least, IMO) in real life.

OT / That movie scarred me for life. Never again can I watch anything about child abduction.

Unless on social media and I haven't seen it, there has not been any suggestion that any exes or colleagues or friends of Sherri's had any kind of unhealthy obsession with her is there?

No, there has not been any mention of that.

My gut / initial feelings on cases are almost always right, I don't even consider it cynical, just uncanny and scary sometimes. I've been wrong on 2 cases since joining WS: Jenise Wright and Amanda Blackburn. I was stumped on the McStay family, only because the abduction of an entire family was unheard of, and it looked like a family escaped in panic or a murder/suicide to me.

Which number/reason did you pick for this one?

LE seems to be checking if there was by checking out her 'past relationships':
" As part of detective's efforts to determine the circumstances surrounding Sherri's disappearance, detectives have spoken with family, friends, old acquaintances as well as people Sherri has had past relationships with to determine her whereabouts."
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/sheriffs-office-releases-update-on-sherri-papini/168201516

Not that I've seen, but I've read a lot in a little bit of time. I was just making the point of it's in the timing that one important bit of info can be missed. There are always the unknowns I guess though.

How do they know that?

Exactly. What does the family they know that convinces them to appeal to an adductor and to offer a ransom/reward? And what does LE know, clearly the answers to many questions which we have asked but can only speculate and argue about.

Where I come form if we find your phone along the side of the path, we start searching for you right then and there, calling out your name and eventually getting frantic. Next we would call the police and we wouldn't think adduction immediately.

If a 34 year female jogger or even walker went missing we would likely find her badly injured or , worse, in a shallow grave or under brush nearby.

So, having given myself less than 14 hours further on this thread, my final question is what do they know that limits them to thinking Sherri was abducted?

But if someone had witnessed her getting into a car, LE would know that she was not in the immediate area. A search would still be warranted and may uncover something left behind belonging to the abductor. But her phone was found on the opposite side of the road near the intersection of Sunrise into Old Oregon Trail (west side on Skibaboo's map). If the abductor(s) were headed southbound, SP could have been pulled into the vehicle on the passenger side and not visible from Sunrise (where the mailboxes are located). Tree trimmers or witnesses may have ID the vehicle and if it was known to KP, LE could be withholding owner info (calling it suspicious, but not an abduction) MOO But I think if her family suspected she had just walked off, they would still be out searching the area day and night.

I don't think any of them believe it. Primarily because they called searches off so fast and then said she was far away ... within a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018