Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just SP's close proximity, but local RSOs proximity as well, IMO.

I was actually just discussing this with my mother-in-law earlier, but assuming that you haven't been to Shasta Lake, it is very murky and hard to see anything that goes about 1 foot into the water. I have gone there many times to swim over the summer and it always seems like its pretty murky. Searching it would be very difficult due to the large size and vast amount of areas around it but that's not to say it shouldn't be done. Considering her close proximity to the lake, I too have wondered why there is no mention of searching it, unless they believe it to be fruitless.

[...]
But her phone was found on the opposite side of the road at the intersection of Sunrise into Old Oregon Trail (west side on Skibaboo's map).
[...].

Is there any source out there on where the phone was found, exactly? It's at that intersection, but I haven't seen anything more specific than that.

Did we ever learn who was the last person to see Sherri on the day she disappeared? Did she take the children to daycare?

I understand that searches on foot have been done, but I'm wondering why the lake hasn't been searched.

My husband's co-worker went missing after watching a football game at the local bar. He left in his car alone. There were
several volunteer searches - with the help of LE - they told us where to search, where his cell last pinged, etc. Anyway, to make a long story short - LE NEVER gave up on trying to find him.

He was found in a pond that was previously searched by LE. Although it was heartbreaking, they found him. LE decided to search the pond again. He took a wrong turn and drove directly into the pond.
Like I said, LE never gave up on trying to find him.

What does this mean--- "an purportedly authored"? Is there a word/words missing?

Sorry folks ... as Raymonde pointed out, it was supposed to say "an article purportedly ...". Brain and fingers not working in tandem here :thud:

I came back from a great workout to find this thread +25 or so pages! Clearly, everyone wants to see this gal found. Since I have no idea where I posted this question last, does anyone know what prompted her leaving her last job?

I came back from a great workout to find this thread +25 or so pages! Clearly, everyone wants to see this gal found. Since I have no idea where I posted this question last, does anyone know what prompted her leaving her last job?

Its never been said.

Hmmm......
Well, I would take a very close look there and vigorously interview her colleagues. Not saying anyone there even knows anything, but I'd certainly want to check that box. There's always a story to be told when someone leaves a good job. Might be a very simple explanation, maybe something more. I'd check that box.

Why is it that missing persons cases aren't initially handled with the worst possible outcome of possibilities being ruled out first, then work backwards from there? Why do we accept "can't rule out they left on their own free will" just because there isn't a body immediately and there isn't a lot of physical evidence. Why shouldn't it be the other way around? Need proof this person did leave on their own free will, before investigative and searching efforts cease. It's just so frustrating sometimes to see this happen. I support LE 100%, and I know they have their protocol but it just wears on you when you read case after case of searching called off or investigation halted only to have a body recovered later on. Unless LE has direct information Sherri left on her own, I don't think search efforts shouldn't happen. We haven't been told there is any evidence to support she would just leave on her own or wanted to walk away from it all. Not to say that may be the case, I just don't think it should be handled from an investigative stand point until there is evidence to suggest that she did. Sorry for my rambling long thoughts... not even sure any of this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she ran away; She would have left the phone in the home or driveway. Because you don't want strangers to be able to access your phone. So why would she leave her phone blocks away if she was running away?

Something that would tip the balance for me in this case would be the discovery of foreign DNA or unidentified prints on the phone/earbuds/hair strands.

I was leaning towards murder/abduction by persons known to her but now, after today's reflection, the lack of search action and the somewhat bizarre reward offer...well, I'm changing my call. I now think it is a voluntary (and planned) disappearance and I think the chances are that she may have harmed herself.

If she ran away; She would have left the phone in the home or driveway. Because you don't want strangers to be able to access your phone. So why would she leave her phone blocks away if she was running away?

Exactly!

This case is beyond frustrating! I check in but only read the most current page to catch up (if you want to call it that). Kudos to those of you who continue to respond to the same questions asked from thread #1. I feel horrible for the Papini children, I don't think they are ever going too see their Mommy again. That makes me want to cry.

She may not have decided for sure until she got to where she left the road. At that point she decided to toss the phone so she couldn't be tracked. She may also have gone a little further than the where the trail starts, so that it wouldn't be obvious where she went.

ie., she may have tossed it nearer to Old Oregon Trail so that anyone finding it would assume she went that way, instead of down the trail/driveway that starts a little ways down the Sunrise Drive.

Just a theory...

Sorry, I did edit my original post to reflect it was found "near" not at the intersection. The fence that the balloons were tied to is across from Sunrise as shown in the google map on the HFSP link.

Helium-filled balloons tied to a barbed-wire fence sagged in the breeze Thursday morning, at the spot where traces of Sherri Papini – her cellphone, headphones and a few strands of hair – were found eight days earlier.
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article114313103.html#storylink=cpy

http://nwww.sacbee.com/news/local/article114313103.html
http://nwww.helpfindsherripapini.com

Is there any source out there on where the phone was found, exactly? It's at that intersection, but I haven't seen anything more specific than that.

Crossfit?

This is what I'm stuck on too. Jumping off this thought, I also notice some calling the phone being found "staging". Yet, it's not obvious enough that police are saying it is for sure abduction. I'm thinking, if I want to go missing and stage my abduction I would not think of just dropping my phone and earbuds with a few strands of hair by the side of the road a couple miles away and hope someone looking for me finds it and thinks abduction. It's too risky that someone else would pick it up or the phone battery dies and no one finds it. Same line of thinking if we think someone close to SP helped her run away or murdered her but wanted to fake a random abduction. It's just not obvious enough, IMO. If someone wanted to fake an abduction they could leave the house door open/unlocked, maybe knock over a lamp or break a window or something to look like there was a struggle. IDK, what actually happened but I just can't buy that someone left the phone there on purpose. MOO. :moo:

LE seems to be checking if there was by checking out her 'past relationships':
" As part of detective's efforts to determine the circumstances surrounding Sherri's disappearance, detectives have spoken with family, friends, old acquaintances as well as people Sherri has had past relationships with to determine her whereabouts."
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/sheriffs-office-releases-update-on-sherri-papini/168201516

That just made me realize...duh...that it's possible/probable? that these other people who've been spoken to by law enforcement aren't necessarily being sought out because they might be suspected of anything shady.

In addition to investigating any possible involvement by someone from her past, or simply trying to track her down this way: What if they also were looking into whether anything like this had happened before? Do they have knowledge of other people and/or problems in her life that might not have already been disclosed to them for whatever reason? Etc.

She may not have decided for sure until she got to where she left the road. At that point she decided to toss the phone so she couldn't be tracked. She may also have gone a little further than the where the trail starts, so that it wouldn't be obvious where she went.

ie., she may have tossed it nearer to Old Oregon Trail so that anyone finding it would assume she went that way, instead of down the trail/driveway that starts a little ways down the Sunrise Drive.

Just a theory...

That's alot of planning ahead for someone that just decided 2 seconds ago that they are running away.

If anything. She would have took the car atleast until she was further away. And then ditched the phone and the car.

Idk. Anything is possible I guess.

This is what I'm stuck on too. Jumping off this thought, I also notice some calling the phone being found "staging". Yet, it's not obvious enough that police are saying it is for sure abduction. I'm thinking, if I want to go missing and stage my abduction I would not think of just dropping my phone and earbuds with a few strands of hair by the side of the road a couple miles away and hope someone looking for me finds it and thinks abduction. It's too risky that someone else would pick it up or the phone battery dies and no one finds it. Same line of thinking if we think someone close to SP helped her run away or murdered her but wanted to fake a random abduction. It's just not obvious enough, IMO. If someone wanted to fake an abduction they could leave the house door open/unlocked, maybe knock over a lamp or break a window or something to look like there was a struggle. IDK, what actually happened but I just can't buy that someone left the phone there on purpose. MOO. :moo:

Great post. This helps eliminate the runaway and the fake abduction theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14