Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelman, you gave me the chills....because I know you're right.

Well, if she was abducted and the perp was inspired by the cargo-container situation, perhaps the ransom would tempt him to give her up for the money and then go grab someone else.

I don't think that happened, but maybe someone thinks it's worth the shot.

jmopinion

I'm not sure which is worse, the idea that she is lying dead somewhere or the idea that she is still alive and being held.

Locals, have there been any warnings to be on guard for predators?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know many of you have inclined she was abducted possibly by a person..It very well could have been more then one depending on there motive to take Sherri..
Are there any updates pending with law enforcement?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think it would matter if they upped the reward to a million dollars.

The guy that grabbed her isn't going to come forward, and the guy that grabbed her isn't talking about it.

The ransom reward that has been bantered around the last week is completely bogus, because if this was about ransom, the family would have been contacted by the abductor way back in the beginning, not the other way around.

This is all going to boil down to someone stumbling over a body ...............and that's the only way this case will ever be solved.

If they aren't obtaining search warrants to search properties up and down the two roads she was last seen near, then this case will likely remain unsolved. I haven't heard of them serving a single search warrant for a single home in that area.

No probable cause-----> no search warrant-------> no evidence or proof of a crime obtained--------->case eventually goes cold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoever grabbed her knew her routine, knew her schedule, and knew the precise place she could be grabbed with the least amount of exposure to eye-witnesses.

He's local......and he lives right there. Just think about the guy in South Carolina that had the girl chained up in the cargo container. This happened right after that. Now, imagine a regular home with a basement or possibly just a couple of spare bedrooms.

I am kind of in your camp here in your thoughts about this. I would totally be in if there weren't a few things. I know I am going to tread over a worn path, but:
The searching ended to soon in my opinion
"they" think she may no longer be in the area
This whole ransom thing (you have to have an inkling no matter how small that this maybe the case or you wouldn't go this route) or its a diversion
to much silence from the family
I don't put anything regarding the present wrapping although she may or may not have been interrupted
After all this time I don't think LE even is convinced this is an abduction
If the above factors were not a part of this I would say she was taken while jogging and murdered or at her home and taken, murdered disposed of.

I see what it is about in the URL but then it goes 404 page not found

ETA: I found it http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/redding-police-searching-for-armed-suspect-near-clear-creek-market/179888240

Redding Police searching for armed suspect near Clear Creek Market

REDDING, Calif. - SHASCOM confirmed police are searching for an armed suspect near the Clear Creek Market on Westside Road in Redding.

KRCR News Channel 7's reporter Cristina Davies said she is in front of Clear Creek Market where she said she can see about nine Redding Police cars and one officer with a gun drawn.

Davies added Clear Creek Market is currently on lockdown.

This is a developing story, please check back for updates.

I am kind of in your camp here in your thoughts about this. I would totally be in if there weren't a few things. I know I am going to tread over a worn path, but:
The searching ended to soon in my opinion
"they" think she may no longer be in the area
This whole ransom thing (you have to have an inkling no matter how small that this maybe the case or you wouldn't go this route) or its a diversion
to much silence from the family
I don't put anything regarding the present wrapping although she may or may not have been interrupted
After all this time I don't think LE even is convinced this is an abduction
If the above factors were not a part of this I would say she was taken while jogging and murdered or at her home and taken, murdered disposed of.

Yup. I wonder if the reverse ransom isn't just a means for Sherri to return home and save face if she voluntarily disappeared. Maybe the family thinks she voluntarily left and want to give her a free pass to return.

I am convinced this is now a hoax or she left voluntary, Its to 'silent' from family and LE, also everything looks too staged for me, the half wrapped present, the lost phone, the ransom. Its all too strange

Okay...I have a couple of opinions.

From all the things that have been found from SP, I just get a very sad and pressured vibe. She seems like she tries so hard to be/sound/look perfect. Reading through the wedding blog just totally confirmed all of those feelings for me. The most used word in there was "perfect". It reads like a book, not like a portrait of someone's life. Combine that with the alter ego Pinterest board, and the comments by the SIL of her being "annoyingly" perfect or good mom (can't remember the exact wording and am at work so I can't re-watch the video.) It just seems like this woman was under a lot of pressure to be picture perfect.

Also from the wedding blog, it is weird that it all sounds like a first time marriage. I also noticed how she said she would be "blushing" during the family planning talk. I remember someone had posted a link to a page that had SP's name listed down as a donor to a "women's clinic" type place. This might be a long shot but maybe SP got pregnant out of wedlock? Is that why she "moved away" for awhile? Maybe this clinic helped her out, maybe she was forced to marry the father because of the Catholic belief system. Maybe it was all a big secret and no one knew about it. Maybe the ex has some unresolved issues with her?

I am not saying any of this to make her sound at fault, I am just trying to get a feel for where she was and had been mentally. Maybe she just had to leave, so she set it up with the half wrapped gift left out, the phone on the side of the road etc. I don't honestly know but the more crumbs we get about her the more I see this picture of IMO, a very unhappy woman doing everything she can to seem happy, and perfect etc.

I get the same vibe....High, unrealistic expectations from herself......frightened of failure.... She just seems sad....

I'm not sure which is worse, the idea that she is lying dead somewhere or the idea that she is still alive and being held.

The second suggestion is recoverable. Horrendous, but recoverable, as KB is showing in the Todd Kohlhepp case.

The first is utterly heartbreaking and has just made me cry.

Update on the police stand-off
(at this stage I really don't think it's related but who knows with this case)
http://www.redding.com/news/local/P...ted-armed-man-in-south-Redding-402524125.html
A search for an armed man has reportedly turned into a standoff in the area of Highway 273 and Clear Creek Road in south Redding.

Officers at about 1:30 p.m. began searching for a man who pointed a gun at someone, according to dispatch reports.

Police have closed Westside Road, which runs parallel to 273, from the Clear Creek Market at Girvan Road to about Clear Creek Road.

The Clear Creek Market is also closed amid the reported standoff.

I didn't follow that case at all but as soon as I heard about it on the news I knew who did it.

Me too. My first thought about the Mark Seivers alibi (out of town), was "How convenient." I'm such a cynic. Then I felt awful for thinking that about the poor grieving husband. Gut feelings are often wrong, but often right too, even when you try to talk yourself out of it! I hate being cynical!!

I am convinced this is now a hoax or she left voluntary, Its to 'silent' from family and LE, also everything looks too staged for me, the half wrapped present, the lost phone, the ransom. Its all too strange
I don't know about that. Many cases you hear nothing at all until years later when a body is found or an arrest made. Not every MP case gets even a fraction the attention as this one.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member