Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep down I think we know she's not going to appear before the reward deadline. I know that if this person was related to me, I'd be searching the general area daily, expanding my search each day until I've literally covered miles, or was given real information that my attempt was futile. Even then I'd probably keep searching.

This case definitely has a different sense about it to me than a 'normal' (if there is such a thing) abduction case. If abduction there is very little to go on. There's usually something that points towards that way, but here it's really only the fact that she's unaccounted for and the dropped(?) iPhone that gives any indication it's possible.

Or even a 'normal' suicide. FWIW I don't think happy or unhappy social media posts mean much. The people I personally know who suicided left zero hints whatsoever they were going to do it. However they also didn't hide their bodies, there was no ongoing mystery. I don't know where she could be if this is suicide?

A lot of suicides actually do go to great lengths to conceal themselves.

138 users talking about nothing essentially, conversing in circles, speculating and alternating offending each other's sensibilities. We are drawn to this case. A case without info. We have little to sleuth except to read between crooked lines.

What has happened to Sherri? Her family and friends continue to address an "abductor" as if they know something or, perhaps, hoping against hope that there is a someone whom they can plead to return an unharmed Sherri.

The "ransom reward" marks time, as if, Wednesday, tomorrow, will resolve something What is the likelihood of that? We wait it seems for either "The Great Pumpkin" or for that "Godot". I think I am ready to move on. I think after Wednesday I will let go of this case.

I will ask one question of the experienced sleuths reading this. Do you remember any instances when a missing person was released by an abductor/kidnapper die to the mass appeal of the public?

As much as this case drives me crazy, and I did walk away for a few days, I fear seeing Sherri's thread move down the discussion list out of the top three spots. I've been following several big cases that are now on page 2, running cold.

And to answer your last question, No. Never.

Deep down I think we know she's not going to appear before the reward deadline. I know that if this person was related to me, I'd be searching the general area daily, expanding my search each day until I've literally covered miles, or was given real information that my attempt was futile. Even then I'd probably keep searching.

Agreed, that's how i feel. I am trying not to judge, but I find the "found" phone rather odd, that app shows vicinity, not exactly where the phone is. It is like a needle in a haystack. I would look forever, daily, asking for support, and I would keep looking forever, that's me.

rbbm

Gosh...I really don't know. I have a feeling she might. But if not, I think I might begin to lean slightly more another way. I just have a feeling about the timing of it all.

Do agree on the covering miles and miles, inch by inch, if necessary and no other option.

First you eliminate every property owner that voluntarily allowed LE to search home and property.

Then you aggressively seek to search those that didnt want to cooperate.

Especially in those Marijuana grow areas where workers camp out in fields to watch the crops.

Hard not to notice the word "safely" absent from the article. I wondered if it would turn into a plea to locate her body once the deadline passed tomorrow. Sadly, it now appears we don't have to wait. MOO

Does anyone else find it odd that there wasn't a single lead or scam attempt called in when LE has received hundreds of tips?

The deadline for the would be kidnapper to step forward is Wednesday morning. Gamble said there have been no scam attempts and no false leads since the reward offering was first announced.

Now this looks like it isn't a hoax but instead some lightweight outside of his element as he's now folding on the threat before the deadline was even reached:
Gamble, who's representing the anonymous source who put up the undisclosed amount of money reward, said there has been a twist. If you can reunite Sherri with her family, you can claim the cash.

"Effective immediately, for anybody who can lead us to Sherri, that cash for the ransom is now yours" said Gamble. "We don't care about your background, we don't care about your criminal background, who you are, where you're from, where you're going, it doesn't matter. You can receive a large amount of cash, remain anonymous, and lead us to Sherri" Gamble added.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...g-offered-for-missing-womans-return/180026462

So they are changing it to a reward anyone can claim? Why not just offer it as an additional reward from the beginning? This is crazy! :gaah:

It seems like CG was doing what he thought was in his own best interest rather than SP's interest by doing all that self-promotion and setting up fake limits instead of trying to draw as many people as possible for a six figure reward.

I keep thinking about her children and what effect this may have on them if she has simply disappeared for awhile....As a child my mother abandoned my brother and I for six months(some family members knew where she had gone and even helped her), we were a few years older than Sherri's children.....I have never gotten over how it felt to have my mother disappear suddenly....

With every good wish for Sherri and her family....

So sorry you and your brother had to go through that with your mom...

About willingly disappearing.
I wanted to say I know someone who at one time thought if her first love were to come back to her, she'd leave her husband and her children to be with her "one true love"- who left her on their anniversary, no less. She loved/loves her children dearly, but is searching for that perfect love still and doesn't realize what's right in front of her because he has faults and her life isn't perfect. Some people have an idealized vision of what their life is supposed to be like, and WILL leave all behind.
:gaah:

I'm also thinking that the divorce record was this same other Sherri Graeff and not our SP.

Not a chance. 99.9% it was the Sherri in this case. Unless there's another Sherri Graeff with the middle name Louise. So far I've only seen one other Sherri Graeff around in searches and she lives in another state.

Has there been another missing persons case where so much money is involved for a hopeful return?

The whole case is so strange - and to me personally, no proof that she has been abducted, only a claim that she has (which of course makes it look all the more suspicious).

It seems like CG was doing what he thought was in his own best interest rather than SP's interest by doing all that self-promotion and setting up fake limits instead of trying to draw as many people as possible for a six figure reward.

I don't know, maybe he was trying to do the best thing, using the most direct route. You open it up to everyone and their moms, and it's crazy time, 500+ leads, 99% of them false, and there are no resources. Oh that's right, we're doing this outside the umbrella of law enforcement. Maybe they had to keep it simple, stupid, cut and dry.

Something that would tip the balance for me in this case would be the discovery of foreign DNA or unidentified prints on the phone/earbuds/hair strands.

I was leaning towards murder/abduction by persons known to her but now, after today's reflection, the lack of search action and the somewhat bizarre reward offer...well, I'm changing my call. I now think it is a voluntary (and planned) disappearance and I think the chances are that she may have harmed herself.

Something that would tip the balance for me in this case would be the discovery of foreign DNA or unidentified prints on the phone/earbuds/hair strands.

I was leaning towards murder/abduction by persons known to her but now, after today's reflection, the lack of search action and the somewhat bizarre reward offer...well, I'm changing my call. I now think it is a voluntary (and planned) disappearance and I think the chances are that she may have harmed herself.

That's exactly how I feel about it too. Thought it was most likely abduction or murder but I've changed my mind. Now I think voluntary disappearance (and maybe no longer with us) about 65% likely and murder or abduction 35%.

Still holding out hope for Sherri, though -- I would love to be wrong, and would be so happy to see her back home and rebuilding her life.

A lot of suicides actually do go to great lengths to conceal themselves.

True, but in Sherri's case she was on foot. How far could she have gotten in the amount of time before people started looking?

True, but in Sherri's case she was on foot. How far could she have gotten in the amount of time before people started looking?
If she left before noon she had a good 6 hour head start.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

But where? Why wouldn't they be looking for a body in the vicinity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14