GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherri Papini to remain in jail on fake kidnapping charges

Papini to remain in jail.
"Borges <defense attorney> also argued for Papini's release on her own recognizance, but prosecutor Veronica Alegría countered that the allegations against Papini show she is a flight risk.

"The government believes there are no conditions that could reasonably assure the court she would appear," Alegría said. "

She's also complaining about the jail food. : )

Sherri Papini to remain in jail on fake kidnapping charges

Papini to remain in jail.
"Borges <defense attorney> also argued for Papini's release on her own recognizance, but prosecutor Veronica Alegría countered that the allegations against Papini show she is a flight risk.

"The government believes there are no conditions that could reasonably assure the court she would appear," Alegría said. "

She's also complaining about the jail food. : )

LOL, the jail food probably resembles what she said the Hispanic woman fed her. There's a word for that - karma.

That struck me too! It seems they looked for the signals of any and all phones that pinged near where her phone was found. I had no idea that could be done.

Can LEO in CA obtain a geofence warrant when a crime has seemingly been committed?

Since others are stating when they suspected it was a hoax, I'll add that when her phone was found by KP at the intersection with her earbuds neatly and carefully wrapped around the phone, that was my 1st clue this was not a hasty kidnapping.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article259049303.html

Sherri's family statement:

“We love Sherri and are appalled by the way in which law enforcement ambushed her this afternoon in a dramatic and unnecessary manner in front of her children. If requested, Sherri would have fully complied and come to the police station, as she has done multiple times before, where this could have been handled in a more appropriate way. Sherri and Keith have cooperated with law enforcement’s requests despite repeated attempts to unnecessarily pit them against each other, empty threats to publicly embarrass them and other conduct that was less than professional. We are confused by several aspects of the charges and hope to get clarification in the coming days.”

hmmm....Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

This statement is kind of irritating the more I read it. For one thing, I don't agree with the family that SP has cooperated with LE, by the very fact that she has LIED to them throughout this ordeal since 2016! And also, to deal with her subterfuge, LE ended up having to try a number of ways to get SP to tell the truth, including several her family complains about: through trying to pit hubby against her, and also threatening public embarrassment. It is called trying to get at the facts! The only thing I agree with the family about somewhat, is that SP could have been arrested not in front of the children. But other than that, I don't think their statement will garner much sympathy.

This case didn’t have the ring of truth from day 1. My hinky meter went off with her first description of the “kidnappers.”

MOO

That's what did it for me, too. It was too much like she tried to make it seem like human trafficking, but the kind of human trafficking that only exists in urban myths. No, evil people of colour aren't at every street corner trying to kidnap pretty blonde women. That's not how it works. JMO IMO It seemed to me like a combo of thinking that urban myth was real, and just plain racism. I found it offensive tbh, and made me immediately question everything about it. All the weird stuff that came after just compounded it. None of it was like a 'normal' kidnapping. IMO.

Can LEO in CA obtain a geofence warrant when a crime has seemingly been committed?

Since others are stating when they suspected it was a hoax, I'll add that when her phone was found by KP at the intersection with her earbuds neatly and carefully wrapped around the phone, that was my 1st clue this was not a hasty kidnapping.

Yeah, this too actually. That was so silly IMO.

Is there something in the water in the Redding - Yreka area of Northern California affecting estrogenized women?
So many parallels in the behavior of SP and JArias.
Everything's going great - and then two random people show up with weapons, starting the crisis/saga.
Car travel over long distances to boyfriend's houses.
Bizarre fabricated stories, long investigations finding untruthfulness, and then doubling down.
Families knew of their hinky behavior growing up, but just ignored it.
Next, will we see SP in a TV interview tripling down on her story?
Will she claim amnesia?

Late to the party because, you know, life! Haven't read all 9 pages yet, but this stuck out to me! No wonder he is now an ex-husband. She craves attention in a bad way! Liar, liar pants on fire!

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article259034893.html

“Ex-Boyfriend told investigators that Papini reached out to him ‘out of the blue,’ and that they had not spoken in a long time because ‘she got married, she had kids,’” court documents say. “Ex-Boyfriend estimated that sometime in 2015, he was cleaning his house and came across a box of old photos and personal items that belonged to Papini from when they were in a relationship together.” He sent the items to her parents, and she later called him to say she had been saving her money because she “had a plan to run away with him,” court papers say. “Papini told him that her husband was beating and raping her and she was trying to escape,” the documents say. Papini told ex-boyfriend that she had filed police reports, but the police were not doing anything to stop her husband’s abuse.

Kind of delayed to the party for the same reasons. I still haven't had a chance to read and really absorb the criminal complaint but it sounds as if Mr. P is still Mr. P, and not ex-Mr. P. Which, based on all I've read here, is mind-boggling.

I guess they can. Because they did!

As for me, some suspected a hoax before she even turned up safe. But I didn’t until she showed up. After hearing her story, I was certain it was b.s. The reasons:

1. Traffickers don’t kidnap middle class blonde women from residential neighborhoods. It’s too much of a risk for them. They want easy prey. She doesn’t come remotely close to the demographic preyed upon by traffickers.
2. She wasn’t trafficked. According to her, she was just held for two weeks. Not sexually assaulted. Not sold. No motive for taking her.
3. She was released on the very day her husband promised she’d come back.
4. She was released from the hospital within hours. If she had been so badly tortured and injured, she would have been kept there, IMO, for longer.
5. She had a story in which she heroically attacked her captor who did not retaliate for being attacked.
6. Her husband claimed her head had been shaved but it looked to be in a cute bob when photos were shown of her, post-“release.”
7. She harmed herself when younger and falsely accused her mom of doing it.
8. She apparently wrote a racist screed on a white nationalist site showing her disgust of “Mexicans” and one in which she was both victim and hero in the narrative which was similar to the kidnap narrative.
9. She’s a good storyteller, as her wedding blog showed.
10. Given the then huge hype about traffickers targeting ordinary white women and children (which has no evidence and comes from a historic, racist and misogynistic construct), her narrative seemed suspiciously opportunistic.

This statement is kind of irritating the more I read it. For one thing, I don't agree with the family that SP has cooperated with LE, by the very fact that she has LIED to them throughout this ordeal since 2016! And also, to deal with her subterfuge, LE ended up having to try a number of ways to get SP to tell the truth, including several her family complains about: through trying to pit hubby against her, and also threatening public embarrassment. It is called trying to get at the facts! The only thing I agree with the family about somewhat, is that SP could have been arrested not in front of the children. But other than that, I don't think their statement will garner much sympathy.

Here’s the thing about that- she knew after August 2020 that they no longer believed her. And they knew that she knows how to use men to help her flee and hide. So I think they had good reason to not want to just call her in and hope she shows up to be arrested.

Here’s the thing about that- she knew after August 2020 that they no longer believed her. And they knew that she knows how to use men to help her flee and hide. So I think they had good reason to not want to just call her in and hope she shows up to be arrested.

Oh definitely! I only think it would've been better to arrest her not in front of her children, for their sakes.

I have a difficult time understanding why she pulled this stunt. According to the ex-boyfriend, he picked her up and drove her to his apartment, where she spent most of the time sitting in a darkened bedroom where the windows were boarded up. No tv, alone during the day while he worked, no going outdoors. Sounded like a miserable, boring time. So why do it?

I have a difficult time understanding why she pulled this stunt. According to the ex-boyfriend, he picked her up and drove her to his apartment, where she spent most of the time sitting in a darkened bedroom where the windows were boarded up. No tv, alone during the day while he worked, no going outdoors. Sounded like a miserable, boring time. So why do it?

So she could sit and watch all the attention being paid to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper