Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong here, but even if the lead from yesterday did not lead them to revisit the percolation ponds in Coyote park, behind the RV park, and spend two days in those ponds "doing a more thorough search" ....Something did... They were announcing they were going to go North to Reservoirs up there, then suddenly they are expending lots of man hours and time to these ponds. Again I could be wrong, but someone has a hunch or something is driving them to search them again...IMHO

I agree. At first I have thought that the police were at a dead end but now I think otherwise.

I think the key to solving this case is what was found on Sierra's personal items and the condition they were in when found. Eileen, who posts here, made an excellent observation, imo. She said this may be why LE never showed the actual clothing to Marlene.

I have never seen a case where LE lets the family members see or touch any of the evidence they have locked up and guarded in their evidence room. Especially before the case is resolved and when the suspect is unknown. They will call them in if remains are found to see if they can identify them if there hasnt been too much time that has elapsed and also to identify clothing if any was found with the body when discovered. They may tell them they have found certain things and describe them in great detail in order to verify that the items do belong to the victim but they will keep their actual evidence close to the vest.

LE does keep in contact with the family members but they keep their conversation generalized and tell them how the case is progressing. LE never divulges what will hopefully be in court some day as tried and true evidence against the kidnapper of Sierra. They do not take a chance that the family member may inadvertently release info LE doesnt want out there.

Just think about it. It did not take long at all for them to completely rule out Sierra being a runaway. And it seems the searches from the very beginning almost has been in a recovery mode and they havent been looking for an alive Sierra in many weeks now. They know something and I think they knew it when they visually looked at the shirt, pants, panties and bra, imo. Now they have the results back and imo, it just reaffirms what they have known for several weeks but now hopefully they will learn who did it.

IMO

Either taunting LE or telling everyone what happened to Sierra. By placing her belongings where and when the abductors placed them they were relating the sequence of what happened..MOO

Wonder if they will find her in a place where they had already searched ? MOO

They certainly could find her. It has happened before. It is almost humanly impossible to cover every inch of an area.

Do you remember when Duncan had absconded? When he was on the lam he stayed at national parks and RV parks along the way to Idaho. I hope they are checking out any absconded sex offender even if they are from a neighboring state. Remember Idaho had no idea about Duncan because they didnt have him listed in their data bank. He was only listed in his homestate.

I hope LE has merged their information all together from every state but the government is slow to update and enter in any current information.

Imo, this person has done this before and I feel very strongly he has a past criminal record.

IMO

Not saying SL would have the chance but could it be she wrote something on one of her books. If left alone for even a minute in the vehicle or in the trunk say. The only reason I bring this up, and its doubtful, is because a close friend of my Moms was murdered when I was very young. Her name was Adele Core. She left work and on Sunken Meadow Parkway she ran into a creep. He followed her, ran her off the road, cut off her breasts, raped her, beat her, stabbed her, then ran her over three times. She had the presence of mind while he was running her off the road, she was scribbling on a paper. She gave his description, the car, and the license number. Adele then stuffed it into the seat in the crack. She caught her own Murderer and I always admired her for that, although tragic. Wonder if SL might have wrote something in those books?

I agree with you and I think it is not appropriate when people post things are hinky or not good just because it is not what 'they' would do. I noticed this yesterday when reading posts about SL's mother and the bus. I am not being snarky just making an observation. We don't know all the factors in a person's life that determine what they do. I am sure SL's mom would love to be able to stay home and take her daughter to school, but that isn't possible due to factors we have no knowledge of. Hindsight is always better than foresight. jmo

You are absolutely correct that in hindsight things always appear clearer and at times even blatantly obvious.. for me personally I attempt to learn from those hindsights hoping that if/when there is anything remotely similar experience that I stumble upon in life that I am better equipped to deal with it due to a learning experience from "hindsight".. for me this too applies from other people's experiences and even tragedies and in looking at them in the much clearer perspective of hindsight.. I find I too can learn from situations that do not necessarily involve me personally.. I know some are of the frame of mind that they must learn from their own mistakes(as in until they have to personally suffer the consequences they don't realize the lesson to be learned) ..

IMO its not about being judgemental(tho I can only speak for myself) but rather openly discussing hindsight and what future actions, behaviors, and changes can be made that would better improve the outcome should one us in the future have the misfortune of encountering a similar potentially tragic event.. again that's not about judgement its about having open, potentially life altering and even life saving discussions that IMO should be encouraged rather than discouraged..

But only speaking for myself and what my intentions are in openly discussing the perspective of hindsight.. jmo.

Either taunting LE or telling everyone what happened to Sierra. By placing her belongings where and when the abductors placed them they were relating the sequence of what happened..MOO

Wonder if they will find her in a place where they had already searched ? MOO
Don't killers/abductors that taunt the police usually leave messages and/or body parts? I don't see leaving the purse and books as taunting. To me it appears that someone tried to imitate an abductor/killer, but he/she didn't have the knowledge to accurate portray one.

I agree. At first I have thought that the police were at a dead end but now I think otherwise.

I think the key to solving this case is what was found on Sierra's personal items and the condition they were in when found. Eileen, who posts here, made an excellent observation, imo. She said this may be why LE never showed the actual clothing to Marlene.I have never seen a case where LE lets the family members see or touch any of the evidence they have locked up and guarded in their evidence room. Especially before the case is resolved and when the suspect is unknown. They will call them in if remains are found to see if they can identify them if there hasnt been too much time that has elapsed and also to identify clothing if any was found with the body when discovered. They may tell them they have found certain things and describe them in great detail in order to verify that the items do belong to the victim but they will keep their actual evidence close to the vest.

LE does keep in contact with the family members but they keep their conversation generalized and tell them how the case is progressing. LE never divulges what will hopefully be in court some day as tried and true evidence against the kidnapper of Sierra. They do not take a chance that the family member may inadvertently release info LE doesnt want out there.

Just think about it. It did not take long at all for them to completely rule out Sierra being a runaway. And it seems the searches from the very beginning almost has been in a recovery mode and they havent been looking for an alive Sierra in many weeks now. They know something and I think they knew it when they visually looked at the shirt, pants, panties and bra, imo. Now they have the results back and imo, it just reaffirms what they have known for several weeks but now hopefully they will learn who did it.

IMO

I think you may be right. I am thinking that the clothing was folded and put in the bag after the crime was committed. I think those clothes were probably what Sierra was wearing. They may have mud, sand or something like that on them and that is why they are searching the water.

I don't know what a percolation pond is. Does the water in it contain chemicals. They could have found this or they maybe could tell the clothes had been wet. These are just random thoughts. jmo

Pensfan, I agree I also don't see the books or purse as taunting. I personally don't think he intended for them to be found, not right away anyway. I think it was a desperate attempt to get them as far away from him and SL as possible ASAP, he hid them there and possibly secured her better there for the trip to where ever was his safety zone to be alone with her. IMHO

Don't killers/abductors that taunt the police usually leave messages and/or body parts? I don't see leaving the purse and books as taunting. To me it appears that someone tried to imitate an abductor/killer, but he/she didn't have the knowledge to accurate portray one.

You mean written messages? If so, not always. The purse and belongings could be a taunting message itself. As if to say 'look what I did and I bet you cant catch me either.' etc.

Pensfan, I agree I also don't see the books or purse as taunting. I personally don't think he intended for them to be found, not right away anyway. I think it was a desperate attempt to get them as far away from him and SL as possible ASAP, he hid them there and possibly secured her better there for the trip to where ever was his safety zone to be alone with her. IMHO

Now that could certainly be the case too. He hid them and if he wanted them found why not put them where they wouldnt be secreted away?

It is so hard to get into the mind of someone capable of doing something this heinous. Maybe it is a serial killer wannabee. I dont know but I do think if caught it will be learned that he has a criminal history of some sort.

I just dont see someone doing this that had always lead an upstanding life.

MO

A perp would know those buildings would be searched sooner or later, but meanwhile in no immediate danger of someone else finding them first and possibly stealing the bag of clothes.

I agree that the bag shows intent of trying to appear like an abduction but in a fumbling sort of way.

These are not set up to taunt LE but rather mislead them, if possible.

I now have the utmost faith that LE is onto something in those percolation ponds. Can you imagine the expense and time and manpower that must be going into these water searches? I've NEVER heard of a case where every single body of water was systematically searched with sonar and divers without there being a very good reason why.

I'm going to bet the percolation pond water was found on the clothes. All that runoff into the percolation ponds (which are likely full of fertilizers and pollution) would have left the clothing smelly and damp and led to the rumor of the urine. Just my guess. I think there is a whole lot of information in this case that is going to break in the near future. IMO.

I think you may be right. I am thinking that the clothing was folded and put in the bag after the crime was committed. I think those clothes were probably what Sierra was wearing. They may have mud, sand or something like that on them and that is why they are searching the water.

I don't know what a percolation pond is. Does the water in it contain chemicals. They could have found this or they maybe could tell the clothes had been wet. These are just random thoughts. jmo

They may have found some type of life form that lives in these retention or percolation ponds on/inside the purse and clothing but I think there is more on the clothing than that. I think something is there that let LE know long ago this was not going to end well for Sierra or her loved ones and they needed to be in a recovery mode looking for her remains.

IMO

I think the biggest clue about the bag is LE not even announcing it had been found for four days.
There must have been something about it that was off immediately.
Because it was sent to a lab without fanfare, while saying she could have runaway to the public, but they just weren't sure.
Saying one thing, but doing another.

I spent a little time reading here last night. This is so disturbing and I feel so terrible for this young girl. When I layed down to sleep I said, "Dear Sierra LaMar, I'm so sorry and I'm praying for you." All of a sudden, in my head I heard 'blue house'. At the risk of sounding like a nutjob, I'm just putting it out here.
Looking around the neighborhood, I can see two blue houses, one in particular caught my eye. I know, nuts.

I can't stand the thought of what girls, who are abducted, go through. I pray some answers come soon.

***interesting... the verbage has changed***

Whatever was discovered by the Crime Lab was enough to send the sheriff’s office dive team to search at the percolation pond behind the Parkway Lakes RV park in north Morgan Hill, near Ogier Avenue and Monterey Road.http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_4f081b31-d6fe-5ee8-b5c9-6c2d91ea6541.html

I saw that, but I kind of think it's just the newspaper/reporter taking liberties of their own. I could be wrong, though.

I saw that, but I kind of think it's just the newspaper/reporter taking liberties of their own. I could be wrong, though.

I found it interesting because that was the only sentence out of the whole entire article that was updated:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway