Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know, maybe they had to revisit these ponds for some reason. They could have missed something the first time or maybe she wasn't there yet the first time....we have no way of knowing.

Residents of the Parkway Lakes RV Park, along with thousands of people all over South County, are eagerly awaiting closure to the case. Two of the RV park’s residents who were outside watching the deputies and divers enter the marshy area surrounding the percolation ponds said they heard a vehicle pull up outside the locked gate late in the night after Sierra was reported missing.

James Silver, 15, said he did not see the vehicle but he heard it pull up to the gate late Saturday night. He was inside his grandmother’s motorhome. He heard the car doors shut, and two men exit. He heard them talking briefly, and the vehicle left about 15 minutes later. One of Silver’s neighbors, Helen Robison, 47, said she heard the same thing but did not see the vehicle or the men associated with it.

Silver’s grandmother, Sandy Mullican, 68, said she was walking her dog a few hours after that, about 4 a.m. Sunday, and heard a loud screaming sound. But she and other residents indicated that the area is inhabited with mountain lions and bobcats, which sometimes make screaming sounds.
“I wasn’t going to stay around and find out,” Mullican said.

The area between the RV Park and U.S. 101, where the percolation ponds are, is a remote area covered with wild grass, thick brush and woods.
“I’ve been praying for that little girl every day,” Mullican added.

Residents also noted that another neighbor, whose name they did not know, was contacted Sunday by what appeared to be parole officers. The resident was detained, but Cardoza said so far no one has been arrested or detained in connection with Sierra’s disappearance.

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com...cle_8deb03ac-56df-58be-b770-95be3c110baf.html
Yikes! I completely missed this story?!!!
Thanks taagean! I wonder if something in the forensic results led them back to the person they questioned and the RV Park?

Has anyone determined if they were really searching tonight?
Honestly, I will be shocked if they sent divers down tonight, at this stage...not to be callous, but what could not wait until morning, after more than a month?(Her family, of course, but it seems more dangerous for the divers?)

Thanks taagean! I wonder if something in the forensic results led them back to the person they questioned and the RV Park?

This was new to me too!
This search was also done at night.

Has anyone determined if they were really searching tonight?
Honestly, I will be shocked if they sent divers down tonight, at this stage...not to be callous, but what could not wait until morning, after more than a month?(Her family, of course, but it seems more dangerous for the divers?)

Maybe there are a lot of people who use these in the daytime.
I don't think they would want to find her in front of a lot of people.

:(

It could be. I remember reading about the people in the RV park hearing the noises but it kind of slipped off the radar - never heard anything more.

ETA: If I remember correctly, I think that big sweatshirt was found in that area.

snipped

The area between the RV Park and U.S. 101, where the percolation ponds are, is a remote area covered with wild grass, thick brush and woods.
“I’ve been praying for that little girl every day,” Mullican added.

Residents also noted that another neighbor, whose name they did not know, was contacted Sunday by what appeared to be parole officers. The resident was detained, but Cardoza said so far no one has been arrested or detained in connection with Sierra’s disappearance.

Divers search South County ponds for Sierra Lamar
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:26 pm | Updated: 4:04 pm, Thu Mar 29, 2012

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com...cle_8deb03ac-56df-58be-b770-95be3c110baf.html

Might be a stretch, but perhaps DNA matched on Sierra's items to the parolee that was detained on March 28th. Particularly, since the woman walking her dog heard a lot of commotion and screaming at 4am around the time Sierra was first abducted. Thus, the need for LE to search the percolation ponds by the RV park.

And I have to wonder if the parole is a long-haired white man who wore black and often lurked around the fields as per Luis Gayton the field worker. Then there is the white Dodge Dynasty, investigators were looking for the vehicle and who might be driving it.

If you look at the sign by the sweatshirt it says that its closed to fishing until the last Saturday in April. I would bet not much activity there until fishing time, I cannot picture wanting to swim in such a place.

Parkway Lakes RV park doesn't look very big which is good news if you are LE looking for Sierra.
home2.jpg

As I recall, Scott was a POI from the get-go and LE said as much in the local media. Needed to find Laci's body, then whammo! He was arrested.

Also, thinking back, a lot of local people thought Marc Klaas and/or his ex-wife were guilty, but he was cleared almost immediately by LE. That was such a sad case -- Polly was removed from her mother 's house during a slumber party. It sounded so surreal and hinky at the time. But it happened. God bless Marc Klaas for channeling his anger and pain into a missing person resource.

I watched a video special about Amber DuBois (can't find link, sorry).

The day she disappeared (walking to school, no less), her stepfather bought flowers and took them to her mother's place of work. Hung out there for a little while, then went back home.

A very sweet, romantic gesture. The kind of thing I think a lot of women would find endearing.

But this was not a normal day. This was a day when it turned out his stepdaughter went missing.

He failed polygraphs. Multiple polygraphs (something like eight).

His actions that day were scrutinised and picked apart mercilessly. Even his own wife, Amber's mother, suspected him and divorced him.

As hinky as it could get and not be arrested.

Except that he was totally innocent. The real perp was John Gardner.

The flowers really were just a spontaneous, romantic gesture. He failed the polygraphs because polygraphs do not measure lie or truth, they measure emotional response. Who wouldn't have an emotional response to their stepdaughter disappearing and being a suspect in the disappearance?

I will never, ever forget the pain on that man's face and in his voice when he talked about how awful it was to be suspected of such a terrible thing and even the person he loved most in the world did not believe him.

If you look at the sign by the sweatshirt it says that its closed to fishing until the last Saturday in April. I would bet not much activity there until fishing time, I cannot picture wanting to swim in such a place.
bbm
Here is a photo of one lake labeled Parkway Lakes RV Park. I am thinking freshwater brain-eating amoebas.
lake3.jpg

Any news yet on the dive? Or did I miss it?

I don't see how they would have a gate to this park, you can enter from Bailey road too, when looking at the map. I wish someone from Cali would post and let us know, its 11 p.m. there isn't it?

When looking at RSO in the area, there is one living in that trailer park. Not to mention the other one that is living just across from SL backyard....so that is two that are in very close proximity to SL and right by those ponds.....(isn't the world we live in grand...)

I am going to bed, night folks, will say my prayer for Sierra and Kayla, and all the other lost souls out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties