Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crime lab reportedly yields clues in Sierra LaMar search

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/crime-lab-reportedly-yields-clues-sierra-lamar-sea/nMbGb/

"Late Monday afternoon, the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department announced that test results from the crime lab has yielded new leads, but declined to reveal the nature of the clues.

Early on, searches near Sierra's home turned up items including her cell phone, purse and clothing.

It is one of those items. We can't specify as to this point is it the results back from the cell phone, results from … Sierra's clothing [or] a couple of other items submitted in this case," said Sgt.Jose Cardoza.

Has anyone determined if they were really searching tonight?
Honestly, I will be shocked if they sent divers down tonight, at this stage...not to be callous, but what could not wait until morning, after more than a month?(Her family, of course, but it seems more dangerous for the divers?)

Yes, there were divers tonight (eg after dark). One of the divers with wet hair was briefly interviewed tonight and he talked about the equupment being used. LE is keeping things close to the vest and they will be back out the rest of this week.

Does anyone have a link about the dive team and how late they worked today? If they worked only until dusk, then lights on a dive boat would not be needed. I am hoping this is good news...:(
On the live 9 pm news tonight, Dan Ashley specifically said, "(name of reporter) is actually speaking with the divers right now and we will have that interview at 11 pm tonight on Channel 7."

The lights were on the boat and the wet-haired diver was interviewed in the dark during the 11 news. It was way after dusk when they got out of the water.

Yes, there were divers tonight (eg after dark). One of the divers with wet hair was briefly interviewed tonight and he talked about the equupment being used. LE is keeping things close to the vest and they will be back out the rest of this week.

Ahh, I think I see what is going on. The interview in question was of a diver that had just come off the water at near dark. They were done just before dark, but they were finishing up and closing up shop in the dark. So... it appears that this is all one in the same search from earlier this evening.

ETA=Yes, I watched the 7 news and saw the interview.

OK I'm confused is this a trailer park where ppl are permanent residents? Or is this like a camp site for RVs where they are only there temporarily for an allotted amount of time? I'm confused:blushing:

bbm
Here is a photo of one lake labeled Parkway Lakes RV Park. I am thinking freshwater brain-eating amoebas.
lake3.jpg

Omg you know it! These brain eating amoebas have literally made this hugely avid boater park her azz on dry land. .needless to say it has greatly altered our entire summer life:(

Snipped from Indy Anna's post and link..
"It is one of those items. We can't specify as to this point is it the results back from the cell phone, results from … Sierra's clothing [or] a couple of other items submitted in this case," said Sgt.Jose Cardoza.

It is one of those items thats been completed forensically testing and it is that one item that has produced the new leads...what item do y'all think it is?

It is one of those items thats been completed forensically testing and it is that one item that has produced the new leads...what item do y'all think it is?

I have no idea how something they found could have lead them to the dive, if that is what you mean...unless they found prints/DNA of someone who is in the system who has or had an address near there? I just don't know what to make of it all, but hope they have real, solid info and an arrest is pending...

I really don't know.

I am leaning towards the condoms and handcuffs.... but I don't really think they have anything to do with this case!:crazy:

But I see them as having most implicating evidence considering the sensitive DNA which would be on them.

JMO and :moo::moo::moo:

Could they have someone in for questioning from the forensic results and get info to search there?

BTW - never heard of brain eating omebas

Just a thought...maybe Sierra's DNA was on that big sweatshirt they found. She was forced to wear it at some time?

The known items tested are scent (tested by dogs), a laptop, cellphone, hairbrush and toothbrush (DNA related for Sierra), clothing from the purse, the purse itself, and there are condoms and handcuffs found in the area. DNA results of the condoms are due soon, and I know it's purely hopeful speculation, but perhaps a CODIS hit has lead the team out to dive tonight, because of a link to a possible sex offender with a violent history in that specific area. The scream, the car, the findings in the area of that park are not much, individually, but combined, I believe they certainly warrant a second look. Perhaps it's the condom's result we're awaiting publication of.

There's a post at http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_b825bf1a-360c-58f9-81b7-009f99bc4961.html which interested me. I am not a profiler, by any means, but I have thoughts about a few things myself. The profilers don't know why Sierra's clothing was folded and are puzzled by this behavior. My own thoughts about the folded clothing? I think the perpetrator/s did see Sierra daily. I think they were fascinated with her and already wanted her...probably for awhile. Once crimes were committed, and it was over, the perpetrator had guilt, but also an odd relief and respect. Perhaps he knows the family. He folded the clothing to show himself he had closure, and to show some respect, in his way (a sick way, imo). Perhaps he has a personality disorder. This is something a person with borderline would do. It would partially alleviate his guilt to act in this way.

I have no idea how something they found could have lead them to the dive, if that is what you mean...unless they found prints/DNA of someone who is in the system who has or had an address near there? I just don't know what to make of it all, but hope they have real, solid info and an arrest is pending...

No wasn't thinking along lines of the item and dive search, but rather just in general what item it is that Cardoza stated was finished testing and produced evidence that gave them new leads..

I could have sworn I heard Cardoza say it was from one of the original items, being the cell phone and bag (or items in it and around it). If these just came back, then IMO, there is no way that the other stuff that they sent to the lab a week plus later, like the condom and cuff box would have results back yet.

I don't know that anything specific led them back to the ponds and various water areas. Much like last week, they are just ruling things out, and these are a natural choice.

ETA-Though I did find it interesting that they had divers in the water when reporters said they were using sonar???? Misreporting? Or maybe they had done the sonar earlier and already checked it (much less to review in a pond that size).

O/T re: deadly amoebas

they're being found in multiple fresh water lakes across the country.. When in the lake swimming, skiing, etc They enter into the body through one of the many orifices and openings of the body(nose, mouth for example) and once inside it quickly(as in within 36-72hours) is killing people of all ages from young healthy adolescents to grown adults.

The last case proved that the amoebas are making their way into tap water as a woman who used the tap water from her kitchen sink to flush out sinuses with a nedi pot and she was dead within days..

Just google fresh water deadly amoebas and you can much better account of just how deadly they are..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214